Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

My Kitchen Rules US

• 06-05-2017 10:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭

Did anybody watch the US version of My Kitchen Rules?

They made it an 8-episode celebrity version.

The teams were:
    • Andrew Dice Clay & Valerie Silverstein
    • Lance Bass & Diane Bass
    • Brandy Norwood & Ray J
    • Brandi Glanville & Dean Sheremet
    • Naomi Judd & Larry Strickland

Judges are Cat Cora and Curtis Stone

I've only started watching it but the celebrity aspect adds something a bit new (I have serious instant restaurant fatigue with the aussie version), that said, it also makes it a hundred times more trashy (but isn't that why we watch reality TV?).

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Is this on TV over here or how did you watch it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

I streamed it online.

I'm not sure that it's been shown on any Irish/UK/European TV channel yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Eyepatch

I watched evey episode of that. Just loosely based on MKR Australia and UK. It was more a celeb version, based in California, I think. Kelly Osbourne was there as a hostess of a meal but not cooking.
    Brandi Glanville fromHollywood (?) Housewives and Celeb BB UK was there - very bitchy! There was a brother and sister (rappers) that were absolutely intolerable, with all of their eye rolling and acting up to the camera. The winner was a very worthy person. She was a make-up artist, Mexican, beautiful lady, married to a celeb commedian. He was a complete pain and treated her horribly on the show. Overall, it was entertaining to watch, but being celebs, they were all so conscious of playing up to the cameras. Would must rather watch ordinary people conpeting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Eyepatch

I watched evey episode of that. Just loosely based on MKR Australia and UK. It was more a celeb version, based in California, I think. Kelly Osbourne was there as a hostess of a meal but not cooking.
    Brandi Glanville from Hollywood (?) Housewives and Celeb BB UK was there - very bitchy! There was a brother and sister (rappers) that were absolutely intolerable, with all of their eye rolling and acting up to the camera.

The winner was a very worthy person. She was a make-up artist, Mexican, beautiful lady, married to a celeb commedian. He was a complete pain and treated her horribly on the show. Overall, it was entertaining to watch, but being celebs, they were all so conscious of playing up to the cameras. Would much rather watch ordinary people competing.

Advertisement