Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Resistance Bands

• 06-05-2017 11:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭

Hi all

Just want to check before I buy some bands online. The following info is given re: colour of the bands:

Resistance Levels:

2-16kg (Red Band)
    11-36kg (Purple Band)
    23-54kg (Green Band)
    27-68kg (Blue Band)
    32-79kg (Orange Band)

Might be a stupid question, but does this mean that, say, the purple band feels like anything from 11kg to 36kg, depending on how you are using it?
    That seems like a bit of a mad question but not really sure what the wide range of numbers could mean otherwise

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,672 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

First, what are you planning on using them for? Warmups or some actual exercise?

I bought two online before; the red and blue. I never use the blue any more. I use the red for pull aparts and shoulder dislocates but the blue was always too strong for me. I initially used the blue to stretch the lats (when one end tied to a rack) but swapped for a ring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Bananaleaf

Actual exercise. I won't have access to a gym so will be looking to do as many strength exercises as possible when away but with no equip. Am new to weights so don't lift heavy. But have been making a little progress and don't want to stop when away.

Also, out of interest - if I were to use them for warm up, which should they be?

Thank you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,671 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

The further you stretch a band, the more force it exerts. Hence the range of values .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I've switched most of my resistance training to resistance bands, TRX and kettlebells.

I find the resistance bands brilliant, I'm getting really good workouts with them. They're cheap, take up no room and are great for travel.

I'm also a competitive Judoka so if something was useless to me I wouldn't give it a recommend.

If you're going to start training with bands then I'd suggest you follow this guy and his workouts on youtube

An example of one of his video's which might be of interest to the OP on increasing and decreasing the resistance of your bands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Bananaleaf

An example of one of his video's which might be of interest to the OP on increasing and decreasing the resistance of your bands.

That is actually exactly what I was looking for, thank you

• Advertisement
Advertisement