Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bias Mod

Options
  • 07-05-2017 12:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭

Got carded and an infraction from the same Mod. I report posts that are uncivil to me and nothing is done.

It is clear that this mod is bias and does not like me or my anti SNP/pro Britex opinion.

Its censorship and bias as nothing is done about the abusive posts aimed at me.

Date: 06/05/2017 | 14:37
    Dear prinzeugen,

You have been infracted for Trolling.

This means you are posting in an intentionally provocative fashion in order to gain a reaction from other members. This is disruptive and causes stress to other members.
    We don't want that here.

For more information please refer to the Boards.ie FAQ.

If you wish to appeal this infraction you can see details on how to do so here.

ancapailldorcha

Moderator Note

Dismissing a source simply because you do not like it is beneath the standard of posting here.

Your post:Quote: prinzeugen
    Quote: A Dub in Glasgo
    The amount of misinformation regarding the council elections in Scotland is unreal and does not bode well for journalistic professionalism going into the General Election next month

Ha ha. Wings over Scotland. Run by a nutjob. Not a reliable source.

Date: 06/05/2017 | 10:45
    Dear prinzeugen,

You have been warned for being uncivil.

Typically, this means that you are posting in a needlessly aggressive or confrontational manner being disruptive on the forum or causing stress for the other members. We don't want that here.

For more information please refer to the Boards.ie FAQ.

ancapailldorcha

Moderator Note

You have multiple posts on this thread which are uncivil. This is unacceptable here.

Your post:Quote: prinzeugen
    Quote: A Dub in Glasgo
    Does not explain why winning 431 seats yesterday versus 425 in 2012 results in a loss of 7 seats!!

Just give up. You are failing here.

It has been explained. Not doing it again.

https://news.gov.scot/...rd-boundaries-agreed

Go read.. It is simpler than the instructions on a pot noodle.

Other posters could post what I did and get thanks. I get cards and infractions.

Unfair.

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Hi prinzeugen, have you attempted to resolve this with the mod via PM, per step 1 of the flow chart above?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

Toots wrote: »
    Hi prinzeugen, have you attempted to resolve this with the mod via PM, per step 1 of the flow chart above?

I contacted the Mod about the card, got no reply but promptly got the infraction.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

prinzeugen wrote: »
    I contacted the Mod about the card, got no reply but promptly got the infraction.

How long ago did you send the PM? We'd usually ask people to allow the mod 24 hours to reply.

How long ago did you send the PM? We'd usually ask people to allow the mod 24 hours to reply.

I got a PM about the infraction 4 mins after I sent the PM about the card.

I sent PM at 14:33 got one back about infraction at 14:37. Both on the 6th.

Enquired about card and infraction by PM and have had zero reply from mod.

Ok, please forward me all PMs sent and received in relation to this and I'll look into it for you.

• Advertisement

Forwarded the 4 PM's onto you now.

Sorry for the delay.

No bother, I've received them there so I'll have a look into it and post back here with a decision.

OK, I've had a look into this, and here are my thoughts:

First of all, apologies for the time it has taken to investigate, some personal stuff came up offline.

I'll start with the two posts that got you your cards;

(Yellow card/warning)
    prinzeugen wrote: »
    Just give up. You are failing here.

It has been explained. Not doing it again.

https://news.gov.scot/news/council-ward-boundaries-agreed

Go read.. It is simpler than the instructions on a pot noodle.

(Red card/infraction)
    Ha ha. Wings over Scotland. Run by a nutjob. Not a reliable source.

So the first one was blatantly uncivil, the second is below the standard of posting required in the Politics forum. Bearing in mind that you'd already gotten a yellow for a post in the thread, the second post quoted earned you a red.

When you opened this DRP, the first thing I asked you was if you had attempted to resolve the matter by PM with the mod who carded you. In the interest of transparency, I'm going to quote the PMs you sent to the mod:
    prinzeugen wrote:
    I love how I get a warning for being uncivil but when I report a post nothing is done.

Unfair and bias moderation.
    prinzeugen wrote:
    Are you going to infarct/card me for every post?

Neither of these could even remotely be considered as an attempt to resolve the matter via PM. They're nothing more than snotty retorts to the automated PMs sent when a user gets a warning or infraction.

You mention that you reported posts and nothing was done about them, however I can only find 2 posts that you reported - 1 was dealt with, the second was looked at and isn't addressing you at all, or violating the charter in any way.

With all of the above taken into consideration, I will be upholding both the warning and the infraction. If you are not happy with my decision, you can request an Admin review, and their verdict is final.

OK, I've had a look into this, and here are my thoughts:

First of all, apologies for the time it has taken to investigate, some personal stuff came up offline.

I'll start with the two posts that got you your cards;

(Yellow card/warning)

(Red card/infraction)

So the first one was blatantly uncivil, the second is below the standard of posting required in the Politics forum. Bearing in mind that you'd already gotten a yellow for a post in the thread, the second post quoted earned you a red.

When you opened this DRP, the first thing I asked you was if you had attempted to resolve the matter by PM with the mod who carded you. In the interest of transparency, I'm going to quote the PMs you sent to the mod:

Neither of these could even remotely be considered as an attempt to resolve the matter via PM. They're nothing more than snotty retorts to the automated PMs sent when a user gets a warning or infraction.

You mention that you reported posts and nothing was done about them, however I can only find 2 posts that you reported - 1 was dealt with, the second was looked at and isn't addressing you at all, or violating the charter in any way.

With all of the above taken into consideration, I will be upholding both the warning and the infraction. If you are not happy with my decision, you can request an Admin review, and their verdict is final.

Bias. Admin review please.

It is going on to much in the politics forum/cafe, that anyone that may be pro British is carded, and abused by other posters and gets away with it.

I would like to point out that a card/warning by the same Mod was overturned awhile back for exactly the same thing. Check the records.

This Mod does not like anyone posting that does not follow his thinking. He gives thanks to people that he agrees with and cards to others. Look at his history!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Upheld
    You're one post away from bans at this point. Learn from that and post at the standard required or don't, if not all that will happen is you'll force the mods to ban you - your choice here.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement