Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why is Boards so quiet?

Options
1192021222325»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 sqwertypoo1934

....... wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Time and again the boards establishment pile into threads and expose themselves as being completely oblivious to how derogatory and condescending they come across. They are 100% committed to their groupthink. There are cults that are more willing to consider reality/criticism.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 sqwertypoo1934

I've clearly been dealt with more harshly than other posters including having my posts censored. Yet I cant go to the DRP with a warning, it's a waste of peoples time, I've done it before and was told "it's a warning, cop onto yourself by one of the ill tempered admins". It was an admin who carded me so there's no comeback anywhere else and the admin themselves ignored me.

In anticipation of the "it's only warnings and a deleted post", yeah it's not the crime of the century but this is from admins in a feedback thread on issues about boards with a lot of users complaining about poor and one sided moderation. It's pretty indicative of the attitude of mods and admins towards posters and this exact thing happens all the time with yellows, reds, bans, warnings, censorship etc. No two mods or admins will deal with something the same way so and being a mod yourself is usually a get out of jail free card where you're minor transgressions will be continually overlooked while mods and admins are overly anal about what regular and particularly new users post.

I'll probably be carded again for this. Whenever mods or admins get caught out they don't accept it, they double down. Which is why things won't ever change.

And yet all of this things are used as incontrovertible proof when you do go to the DRP with somehting, "oh we've looked at your record - you must be guilty"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Jobs OXO

I'm not sure if the new feedback format promotes proper discussion and suggestion.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Jobs OXO wrote: »
    I'm not sure if the new feedback format promotes proper discussion and suggestion.

This is nothing to do with the topic of this thread which I am now closing as it was started under the prior Feedback posting rules

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement