Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal vs Manchester United Sunday 7th May 16:00

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Jose must be suffering in that heavy coat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

It's relatively new. For years it was not the case.

No idea about last year as didn't pat attention at all. Knew it wasn't there that long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,368 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

greendom wrote: »
    Jose must be suffering in that heavy coat

He also has Factor 40 suncream on.

Mad lookin altogether

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

domrush wrote: »
    Didn't Chelsea stop Spurs from qualifying after winning EL years ago

Wasn't that not Chelsea winning the CL and qualifying after finishing outside the top 4 while Spurs had finished 4th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Crackle

domrush wrote: »
    Didn't Chelsea stop Spurs from qualifying after winning EL years ago
    No, they won the champions league in 2012 after finishing 6th and Spurs lost out as a result.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,465 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Ger Roo on for Well Feck !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Jose has to take the blame here for saying this game didn't matter, it gave the players all the excuses they wanted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,465 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

He grew almost a foot in a few months. What is he on.

New 10yr contract for Wenger now

Guitar.gif

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

New 10yr contract for Wenger now

And a ten year sentence for us.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Europa or p45 for jose

And a ten year sentence for us.

That was Mourinho's plan all along

Nice result

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Thus ends the worlds crappest unbeaten record.

That was Mourinho's plan all along
    He didn't take into account us losing to Southampton on Wed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭statto25

ricero wrote: »
    Europa or p45 for jose

Do you really believe that or is it a reaction you're after?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

It was a good time to lose, now United can fully focus on the Europa League.

• We got what we deserved
    Arsenal deserve the win

RobertKK wrote: »

Absolutely

He didn't take into account us losing to Southampton on Wed.

If he gets top 4 will he stay?

If he doesn't will he go?

Maybe give one of those Director of Football positions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

RobertKK wrote: »

Can't believe this isn't being ridiculed. Ludicrous comment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,160 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Here we go lads. Fun starts now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

There's no such thing as a good time to lose.

pjohnson wrote: »
    Here we go lads. Fun starts now.

The fun started the moment Mourinho said he would play a weakened team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,160 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

The fun started the moment Mourinho said he would play a weakened team.

But you said hes "greatest manager of his generation".......

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Arsenal crawl into fourth, United lose the EL, Liverpool somehow manage to finish fifth....no-one wins?:pac:

pjohnson wrote: »
    But you said hes "greatest manager of his generation".......

Might have to re-evaluate that. Finishing behind that Liverpool side, and potentially even a very average Arsenal side, with the riches at his disposal certainly is not the achievement of the best manager of his generation. Particularly coming right after the omnishambles last season at Chelsea.

Might have to re-evaluate that. Finishing behind that Liverpool side, and potentially even a very average Arsenal side, with the riches at his disposal certainly is not the achievement of the best manager of his generation. Particularly coming right after the omnishambles last season at Chelsea.

And city who are going to have their 2nd worst season in the last 6 years having spent €200 million last summer.

• You never learn lads :/

• Advertisement

And city who are going to have their 2nd worst season in the last 6 years having spent €200 million last summer.

4 points above Man Utd. Bought a different profile of players. Far more promising signs, defeating some really big teams during the season. Not a successful season by any means given the ambition of the club and the coach, but far more promising than their cross town neighbours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,661 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Loose the dogs of war...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

This was probably the most meaningless Man Utd v Arsenal game of the premier league era.Sad to see the greatest rivalry of the premier league era reduced to complete irrelevance at the moment, be good to see both teams back to contending properly in the next couple of seasons.

If he gets top 4 will he stay?

If he doesn't will he go?

Maybe give one of those Director of Football positions?

I always said he'd be dragged out of the club kicking and screaming by men in white coats. We'll never get rid of him. He's staying.

4 points above Man Utd. Bought a different profile of players. Far more promising signs, defeating some really big teams during the season. Not a successful season by any means given the ambition of the club and the coach, but far more promising than their cross town neighbours.

Ah lad, you're starting to run out of puff at this stage.

Ah lad, you're starting to run out of puff at this stage.

Well you can say that but everything I said is true and factually correct so...

• Advertisement

Well you can say that but everything I said is true and factually correct so...

The "defeating some really big teams" is probably the best bit.

Can't believe this isn't being ridiculed. Ludicrous comment.

One match to win or draw 0-0 on Thursday, then if the make it past next Thursday they have a final where the winner gets CL football and a trophy.

Versus 3 games in the PL where they depend on others to make mistakes and not lose any game.

You can't believe it is not ridiculed as logic shows, United can decide their own fate and win something in one, and in the other they are playing for the scraps as Chelsea win the league and United can't even control if they get the CL scraps.
    There are teams above United who will have won no competition this year.
    United are trying to win a 2nd trophy.
    One of these teams is one you adore, but sure trying to win a trophy when one keeps messing up in another deserves ridicule...

There's no such thing as a good time to lose.

There is.
    What can United win in the league before they played today and consider their future PL games.
    Were they going to win those 4 games when they draw with bottom of the league teams?
    Compared to the EL situation, where they have an away goal and the potential to be in a final with a better prize, the CL spot and a trophy.

Today the nail was finally hammered into hopes of a top 4.
    I expect Arsenal to finish ahead of us and maybe get top 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I have been hearing how City have been going to dominate English football since 2008.

Still waiting

Why couldn't utd compete for both though with the size of the squad they have. I know it would have been tough but to give up without trying is really not the utd way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

The excuses are laughable. 4 points above United? I thought we are **** this season and yet here you are comparing City to United when you should be comparing them to Chelsea

City have win sweet FA this season got a lesson against Monaco spent Millions over summer and FA to show for it.

Different Profile Manager? Uhm you mean like Jose at United. Beat some big teams but could not beat Boro in 2 games. Sure United have beaten the Champions. Woopdy doo

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

niallo27 wrote:
    Why couldn't utd compete for both though with the size of the squad they have. I know it would have been tough but to give up without trying is really not the utd way.

Its due to the scintillating form of City & Liverpool the last few months.....oh wait. He makes too much of the Europa League commitment.
    The likes of Anderlecht, Rostov & Saint Etienne don't take much effort to get past. Arsenal for all the stick they receive would easily manage against those sides.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭limnam

niallo27 wrote: »

What makes you say they didn't compete?

He used the large squad you keep talking about and they lost.

They didn't go with the intention of losing.

When you look at the stats of the game there wasn't much in it.

If Ander's braver and doesn't bloody well duck. It's a different game.

Jose didnt duck.

Jose didn't bury the ball into the keeper when mata should have been played in.

Jose decided to go the way he did as he most likely felt it was the best way to get a result with the players available while keeping a freshness for Thursday.

Saying they didn't compete is just b*llox.

Jones,smalling and mata are just back from injury. Mo wasn't available. Main striker injured. The rest of the squad are putting in a huge amount of minutes fighting on a number of front over the past few months.

Bit rich coming from you when you've only had to worry about the league and you can't push passed the saints.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

They didn't give up without trying... poor enough game from United but nothing happening up front and despite what jose was talking before the gsme he wanted to win that game. He didn't bring rashford on just to risk him.

Even tho that was a reasonably strong team out today we still had 6 players missing and 1 of them had nearly 30 goals for us this season.

Jose did give up though. It was clear from his pre-match interview he did. I just found it odd he gave the players an excuse before they even played.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭limnam

Jose did give up though. It was clear from his pre-match interview he did. I just found it odd he gave the players an excuse before they even played.

Useless manager obvs.

United will stay competing but reality says too many draws against teams they should have beaten have them in this position where the Europa League is now the priority.
    The team were too dependent over the season on Zlatan and he is out.
    The team does badly miss Pogba when he doesn't play, he is so positive with his play and creates so many chances on a plate that should be scored.
    United simply fail to score enough, while being mostly defensively good and that has been the problem all season.

Advertisement