Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MS Windows Evaluation Copy - now allowed?

Options
  • 07-05-2017 12:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Just had this pointed out to me elsewhere. I've seen a few recommend the evaluation copy of Windows on here, but apparently Microsoft may flag it and (I would assume) take action if they wish. Just giving a heads up or looking for feedback on this, I have the full/licensed copy but just so I don't mess anyone over by recommending it to them?

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/Useterms/Retail/Windows/10/UseTerms_Retail_Windows_10_English.htm
    5. Authorized Software and Activation. You are authorized to use this software only if you are properly licensed and the software has been properly activated with a genuine product key or by other authorized method. When you connect to the Internet while using the software, the software will automatically contact Microsoft or its affiliate to confirm the software is genuine and the license is associated with the licensed device. You can also activate the software manually by Internet or telephone. In either case, transmission of certain information will occur, and Internet, telephone and SMS service charges may apply. During activation (or reactivation that may be triggered by changes to your device’s components), the software may determine that the installed instance of the software is counterfeit, improperly licensed or includes unauthorized changes. If activation fails the software will attempt to repair itself by replacing any tampered Microsoft software with genuine Microsoft software. You may also receive reminders to obtain a proper license for the software. You may not bypass or circumvent activation. To help determine if your software is genuine and whether you are properly licensed, see (aka.ms/genuine). Certain updates, support, and other services might only be offered to users of genuine Microsoft software.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

People have always done this.

Use trial copy
    ReArm every 180 days
    Always be legally susceptible to M$ doing whatever they want

Advertisement