Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transferring Foreign Currency

• 07-05-2017 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Can anyone help, I need to transfer money from my Canadian bank account to my Irish account, a few people have mentioned Transferwise, Im wary about giving my bank details to a website I don't know unless I have some recommendations that it is trustworthy. Id appreciate any help.

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

As far as I know Transferwise are legit and reliable.

It was for a small amount but I used them for the first time 2 weeks ago to transfer euros to a UK sterling account - it was very easy to do and worked fine. They also have a partnership with N26 (German online bank available for Ireland customers).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭skippy2

Currencyfair also very good use them regularly and Irish as far as i know........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,063 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

It's not your bank details which you should be wary of giving them. There's no risk in that at all.
    It's the fact that you are actually transferring your money into their account.
    Then they do the currency exchange and transfer money back to your account.

Only real risk is that company goes bust in the meantime while your money is with them.

However considering how big they are and how many people use their service every day and did for many years, I think that risk in negligible.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭gawker

Azimo are pretty great, more flexible than Transferwise in my experience.

Advertisement