Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Job with phonewatch?

Options
  • 07-05-2017 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello, I recently did an interview for Phonewatch to work as a door to door sales person in galway, granted its just for the summer as I'm a student and its all commission based. Im good with people and good at sales but when it comes to selling alarms door to door I'm nervous. My own town has an excessively high unemployment rate and this isn't the first year I've had to leave my local town to find work so that's not an option. Any advice? Anyone who's been a sales rep for phone watch before? Or else if anyone thinks I shouldn't take the job, any vacancies around Galway for a student for summer work that arent 100% commission based? Thank you!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

If you're not getting a basic salary then walk away. It's not worth it.

If you are, then sure it's only for the summer. If you are good at sales then the earning potential is there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

If it's 100% commission then I would look for something else. There are loads of companies selling door to door in galway- and I can't imagine many customers would sign up to phonewatch from you knocking on their door, if they even answer the door in the first place.
    There will be lots of bar and restaurant work in Galway for summer season, also jobs at the galway races (bar, car park etc).

Advertisement