Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hitachi cordless tools

• 07-05-2017 1:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭

Wonder could anyone tell me where in Ireland stocks a good range of Hitachi stuff ? Or online that delivers .
    The two usual spots I buy in Galway don't seem to be stocking their stuff .
    We have three dewalt impacts and the newest one burned out during the week and I think the other one is shook since yesterday aswell and one of the drills burned out but i was expecting that cos i was mixing skim with it on and off if I was too lazy to plug in the transformer for a small job .
    So I want to try a different brand for a change and like the look of the ip56 impact .
    Any help appreciated thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,477 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Seem to remember seeing them in B&Q, not sure if they have much of the range beyond drills though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Nowadays I'd always check out Screwfix Ireland for prices for stuff http://www.ie.screwfix.com/brands/hitachi .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Seem to remember seeing them in B&Q, not sure if they have much of the range beyond drills though.

I wouldn't think the B&Q range would be what I'm after this time even though i did buy one of their £100 drills and couldn't fault it for the use i got out of it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 153 ✭✭imp1

Route 66 in Westport carry a huge stock of pro cordless and corded tools. Nice guy to deal with.

my3cents wrote: »
    Nowadays I'd always check out Screwfix Ireland for prices for stuff http://www.ie.screwfix.com/brands/hitachi .

They don't seem to have the newer one with the self tapping option and power range . Maybe I'm looking at the Yankee stuff on YouTube that we don't have here yet

• Advertisement

I think you'll have to give some more info on the model you want afaik ip56 is a rating for waterproofness rather than a model number?

my3cents wrote: »
    I think you'll have to give some more info on the model you want afaik ip56 is a rating for waterproofness rather than a model number?

I don't have much info bar that but you're right about the water/dust proofness . Apart from that i want a strong impact and drill that's as tough as possible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,477 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Bullocks wrote: »
    They don't seem to have the newer one with the self tapping option and power range . Maybe I'm looking at the Yankee stuff on YouTube that we don't have here yet
    Have a look at AvE on you tube, BOLTR (bored of lame tool reviews) where stuff like what you're after is stripped down and the weak points shown.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Have a look at AvE on you tube, BOLTR (bored of lame tool reviews) where stuff like what you're after is stripped down and the weak points shown.

I do watch him , he can be hard listen to at times but sure has knowledge of these things

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

I'm telling ya Panasonic impact and drill set is what you want. I have a 14.4v set for 8 years in original 3.1ah batteries and it has never let me down. I use it every day and use it for everything as well.

Not once let me down in al that time. The they last way better than the dewalts and all other brand that I have seen.

Lads that see me with Panasonic are completely amazed that they are 8 years old on original batteries.

Honest to god I'd buy a new set in the morning I had to. In fact I would actually buy the 18v set even tho my 14.4v set has never let me down on any fixing I thrown at it

• Advertisement

I'm telling ya Panasonic impact and drill set is what you want. I have a 14.4v set for 8 years in original 3.1ah batteries and it has never let me down. I use it every day and use it for everything as well.

Not once let me down in al that time. The they last way better than the dewalts and all other brand that I have seen.

Lads that see me with Panasonic are completely amazed that they are 8 years old on original batteries.

Honest to god I'd buy a new set in the morning I had to. In fact I would actually buy the 18v set even tho my 14.4v set has never let me down on any fixing I thrown at it

I worked with Nordies that had all Panasonic gear and wouldn't use anything else . I wouldn't back from it . Any prices or suppliers locally ?

I don't have much info bar that but you're right about the water/dust proofness . Apart from that i want a strong impact and drill that's as tough as possible
    I know this one is just a bare unit but is it anything like what you are looking for https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hitachi-WH18DBDL2-Brushless-Impact-Driver/dp/B06XTGF392 ? (only listing it as a starting point not a specific recommendation)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

I worked with Nordies that had all Panasonic gear and wouldn't use anything else . I wouldn't back from it . Any prices or suppliers locally ?

Tripart in Galway sell Panasonic

Advertisement