Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get propane / butane gas?

Options
  • 07-05-2017 5:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

After investing in a gas BBQ and need to get a cannister of propane or butane gas for it, apparently it takes either or, where might one procure such a thing at a reasonable cost?

Presume Woodies and B&Q will have them or anywhere cheaper?

Read a post on here earlier where someone paid €65 for one in B&Q but subsequently got 2 for around €50 from a smaller independent store, not in Galway obviously or else I'd go there. Don't wanna get ripped off with one of the bigger chains if they can be got cheaper elsewhere.

Lookin for a 6/7 kg size if that makes any difference.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Nearly every corner shop or petrol station can hook you up. It costs more the first time as you're paying for the canister. Subsequently you just swap them and pay a lesser refill price. Therefore don't be too concerned about the condition of the bottle you first get as you won't be keeping it. Be aware they only do refills for the same brand gas (mainly Flogas and Calor) so make sure whichever you pick is conveniently available.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Morby

Thanks for that, very helpful! Most appreciated :)

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭buzz11

Try Frank Lee gas depot on the Tuam Rd, opp Monaghans Garage (same estate as Rocca Tiles)

They could have the small bottles suitable for a BBQ

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Morby

Thanks for that buzz11, I'll certainly check them out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

On the west side of the city, I've gotten them in B&Q, the petrol Station in Westside (but I haven't been there in a long while), and the petrol station across from the Spinnaker.

• Advertisement
Advertisement