Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PRSI credits and carers allowance

Options
  • 07-05-2017 8:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hi

If your partner earns too much so that you are not eligible for carers allowance, can you still get PRSI credits granted, in the same way that it is possible to sign for just credits for job-seekers allowance??

Hope someone can help.
    Thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭infogiver

Hi

If your partner earns too much so that you are not eligible for carers allowance, can you still get PRSI credits granted, in the same way that it is possible to sign for just credits for job-seekers allowance??

Hope someone can help.
    Thanks

Have you been refused CA on means?
    Means test for Carers is pretty high. It would be very unusual for you to get nothing at all.
    Were you working recently? Might you be entitled to CB?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭boarduser01

Thank you for your reply, I have not yet applied for CA, I have only just realised that I would be eligible to apply.

I have been working a few hours occasionally, when I could. But as I gave up work 3 years ago, to stay home and increase care at home, I have not been employed enough hours to get CB I don't believe.

I will print off the forms and start working on getting them filled to apply as soon as I can. It is the PRSI credits that I don't want to lose. I have been getting job-seekers signed credits, but this year it has become obvious that the amount of care needed is increasing and my availability for work is becoming less. So I don't feel I can morally now continue to say I am available and looking for work full time.

Thank you for the information.

Advertisement