Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stage 4 - Cefalù – Etna (Rif. Sapienza) 181 km

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

they had a clip earlier of Nibali saying he was only 65kg.... starting to think that maybe my gearing going up hills isnt the problem

Wow the helicopter shot there really shows the slope, which you can't appreciate from the motor bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭irishrover99

Come on Polanc, he really deserves it.

fupin ****e to loose it now. zakarins eating up the seconds though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

This is some finish! Can he hang on to it?

• Advertisement

Have my wee lass shouting at the telly willing this lad on here. Come on !!!!!!

He deserves to celebrate! Chapeau Sir!

great ride

Jungles in pink they reckon.

He sounds fit to collapse, and honestly, I wouldn't blame him if he did!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Great effort to hang on. When it started coming down 48... 45... 38 I thought he was done for, but that slight downhill just over the crest of the last climb may have helped him. Chapeau!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭MPFGLB

Well the GC guys didnt really put it on the line except Zakarin

But so glad Polanc won...he deserved it

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Edge of the seat stuff watching Polanc hanging on out on front. Delighted he won.

I think the headwind on Etna was too strong to stop riders escaping from the peloton. Tiralongo barely got 50 metres ahead. Rolland, who you'd expect to get a nice gap, only got 30 seconds. We even saw echelons forming at one point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭Somedude9

Or is this what clean cycling looks like?

neris wrote: »
    are cannondale the most over rated team in the peleton? they never seem to do anything when it comes down to it

I don't they are overrated... Everyone knows they are rubbish :p
    I think I heard Rob Hatch say that they haven't won a WT race in over two years, which is shockingly bad.

They've had some pretty decent prefromances this season, although without every really looking like they were going to win (a WT race).

Impressive team display today with Rolland, Woods, Formolo, and Carthy all finishing in the 20-rider lead group. But once Rolland was caught, you wouldn't have fancied any of his team mates to challenge for the victory.

Sam came home in 182nd place alongside his team mate Jan Barta and also Caleb Ewan. They were 27'29" behind the winner.

Alexdrandre Geniez was a DNF. I had noticed that he's been finishing way down the order in most of the stages so far; I thought he was sandbagging so he could go on the attack on a day like today. But he must have been sick/injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,474 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Wasnt much of an explosive stage on the volcano.
    I know its early stages, but thought one of the BigGuns would have tried to steal a bit of time.

Great to see Polanc get his reward though.

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

I don't they are overrated... Everyone knows they are rubbish :p
    I think I heard Rob Hatch say that they haven't won a WT race in over two years, which is shockingly bad.

They've had some pretty decent prefromances this season, although without every really looking like they were going to win (a WT race).

Impressive team display today with Rolland, Woods, Formolo, and Carthy all finishing in the 20-rider lead group. But once Rolland was caught, you wouldn't have fancied any of his team mates to challenge for the victory.

Apparently their last win was 2 years this Friday. Fomelloe in the 2015 guro

Advertisement