Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Keyboard time

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Neither of those keyboards are using reputable-quality keyswitches (e.g. Cherry MX)

Cheapest RGB board with mechanical switches I can see is the Logitech G410 atlas Spectrum

• Registered Users Posts: 4,553 ✭✭✭savemejebus

If you can push your budget up a bit, amazon are doing 20% off selected warehouse deals so you can get an "as new" (often damaged packaging) Logitech G810 for around £70 or a G910 for about £75

I'd get the Mionix over that Roccat (even though the Mionix Zibal doesn't have N-key rollover)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Did you try uninstalling the driver and reinstalling it in Windows 7 compatibility mode?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Have you tried any mechanical switches before? Because there's a big difference between switches. Much bigger than any two other keyboards you've likely used. You can get Cherry MX key switch testers (I'm sure there's some on the likes of DX or Aliexpress), and I think there's one floating around the boardsies that I originally put into circulation, though I've no idea who has it now.

Just something to think about. If you're not hugely fussed and just want something that'll last you a long time, mechanical is certainly the way to go.

Fieldog wrote: »
    Did you try uninstalling the driver and reinstalling it in Windows 7 compatibility mode?

Yeah tried that and countless so called fixes, keyboard is working , lighting etc light up its definitely driver based, countless users having the same issue.
    Ive spent far too many hours trying to fix it at this stage.

Have you tried any mechanical switches before? Because there's a big difference between switches. Much bigger than any two other keyboards you've likely used. You can get Cherry MX key switch testers (I'm sure there's some on the likes of DX or Aliexpress), and I think there's one floating around the boardsies that I originally put into circulation, though I've no idea who has it now.

Just something to think about. If you're not hugely fussed and just want something that'll last you a long time, mechanical is certainly the way to go.

Just tried a friends corsair k70 mechanical KB, was nice enough I suppose.
    I did quite like the lightshow :)

This is the latest I'm looking at, seems to be getting very good reviews and is relatively cheap.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01M7NW5KP?psc=1

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭ReZonator

I have the K65 rgb mechanical keyboard with red switches. It's a nice keyboard with tasteful build quality but it has a few drawbacks. Typing on it can be hit and miss as its easy to double type, so I have to punch the keys to overcome the issue. The software is flaky, and I regularly have to switch the polling rate upon boot up to get the software to work properly with the keyboard. Often Steam wont load till I do this which is weird. I had to replace both the keyboard and my M65 rgb mouse within a year because both got progressively worse functionally. No real problems with the replacements for the last year, but the software issue with boot up and steam is present on the replacement too. They updated the CUE software to make it look nicer but it removed some of the functionality, such as selecting profiles from the task menu. Don't know if I'd recommend Corsair, but you could do worse I suppose.

Corsair have a bad rep in the MKB world; there was a previous thread where a boardsie was on his 3rd already IIRC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

ive a k70 lux, love the thing, software can be spotty but other than that its brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭twinsen

I have corsair strafe rgb silent,no issues at all,at work I have normal corsair strafe for past 2 years,no issue at all,and is used a lot.
    I know a few people with corsair kb,never heard a single complaint

• Registered Users Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

twinsen wrote: »
    I have corsair strafe rgb silent,no issues at all,at work I have normal corsair strafe for past 2 years,no issue at all,and is used a lot.
    I know a few people with corsair kb,never heard a single complaint

In fairness it's a €200 keyboard. Some people spend that much on an entire pc. The fact that it works is the least you should expect.

I decided to go with the Sades K10 instead of spending big money for a KB, reviews are very good so cant really go wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Blong!hahaha

Hey folks, I'm looking for a mechanical keyboard too, but one thing I find is that a lot of the cheaper ones on Amazon etc have reviews which say that the keys give a kind of 'repeating' output after a while, like when you type 'a' it ends up as 'aaa'. How much of a problem is this? Are the non-Cherry-MX switches prone to this or would I get away with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

I bought this and so far so good but it's only been a few months. It's an issue with failing mechanical keys where it registers a keystroke more than once.

This can happen with any of them though and failing keys can be replaced. I'd sooner go with something cheap that's easily and cheaply replaced.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Keyboards-Mice-Input-Devices/Koolertron-Mechanical-Keyboard-Anti-Ghosting-Switches-Transparent-Light-permeable/B010V4YK5U/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1494446018&sr=8-3&keywords=koolertron+mechanical+keyboard

Advertisement