Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hoping to buy 2nd hand leaf this week - charge card and home charge point

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

What's the point in putting SCPs at train stations if they're not for commuters?

What's the point in putting FCPs at shopping centres like. Blanchardstown if they're not for shoppers to abandon for 2 hours at a time?

The point is that the ESB are not known for putting chargers in sensible or appropriate locations.

If someone parks at a train station and commutes for a standard business day then the car would be at the charger for roughly 10 hours? My Leaf would go from flat to full in 3. Leaving the car there for more than 3 times the required charge time makes no sense.

Fair enough SCPs are not usually likely to have a queue but it doesn't change get the fact that it's possible. I have a few times needed a SCP because I could reach a fast charger and I wouldn't be amused if someone was parking for the entire day.

This is not taking a pop at the OP by the way, just my opinion on etiquette.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

The point is that the ESB are not known for putting chargers in sensible or appropriate locations.

mostly the ESB couldnt get a better location , not really the ESBs fault

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭stesaurus

Best of luck and glad to see another EV on the road. You'll find loads of useful info on this forum.
    Other tips offhand I would suggest is get a night rate meter asap. There's a few apps worth downloading, plugshare and chargebump and also sign up to one of the FB groups. It's at least entertaining to see people have a moan or two

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭stesaurus

DrPhilG wrote: »
    What's the point in putting FCPs at shopping centres like. Blanchardstown if they're not for shoppers to abandon for 2 hours at a time?

If someone parks at a train station and commutes for a standard business day then the car would be at the charger for roughly 10 hours? My Leaf would go from flat to full in 3. Leaving the car there for more than 3 times the required charge time makes no sense.

Fair enough SCPs are not usually likely to have a queue but it doesn't change get the fact that it's possible. I have a few times needed a SCP because I could reach a fast charger and I wouldn't be amused if someone was parking for the entire day.

This is not taking a pop at the OP by the way, just my opinion on etiquette.

SCPs are a different kettle of fish to an FCP. You kind of have to expect them to be left finished from time to time depending on location. A train station scp user is usually either a commuter or a local. Only one of those types is abusing the scp imo.
    Stick a whole bank of outdoor sockets at train stations with commuters in mind and it solves the problem.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

marpad wrote: »
    He only had 16A available. It is cheaper than 32A and could do withe the saving right now so will just have to look at changing when changing car whcih hopefully won't be for a few years!

Run the cable from the fuse board to the charge point as if it was a 32a.
    That way in the future you can upgrade the unit, simple plug and play rather than running cables back to fuse board and seeing as you are doing it now anyhow.

There's only a Euro or two in the difference between the length of cable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

Well done on the purchase. You must be delighted. Though it seems like a shame to leave it at a train station all day if its so close to you. Sometimes I drop the wife to work in the Leaf and collect her if I know I have the time and it's about 15klms each way.

Definitely get the 32A charge point. You will regret it if you don't. Send a PM to Soarer. He found a great deal on a Rolec 32A charge point with a 13A socket included. Great for plugging in the hoover....or in my case today, the power tools.

Advertisement