Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where is my debit card?

Options
  • 08-05-2017 10:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭

I spoke to one your representatives on the phone 2 weeks ago in connection with my debit card expiring and not automatically receiving a new in the post. I was told on the phone not to worry my old card would keep working until the new one arrived, which was clearly just a line to get my off the phone, which I found out as I was doing my shopping and low and behold my card was declined. This is not acceptable, I was extremely embarrassed by this in my local store.

I called again to inquiry when I would receive my new card and asked to speak to a manager as I wished to make a complaint about the person who lied to me about the card still working past the expiration date, I was put though to an answer machine and I am still awaiting a return phone call. I am also still awaiting my new debit card, it is now the 8th May and I have had not been able to access cash for over a week. I had been living off my credit card and have had to pay cash advance fees to withdraw money.

I would like a call from a manger to explain this situation to me, give me a guaranteed date of when I will receive my new debit card and for any cash advance fees due on my credit card to voided or I will be left with no option but to open a case with the Financial Regulator tomorrow morning.

I have been a loyal customer of BOI for over 20 years now and find the level of customer service I have received over this issue appalling. I await your immediate response. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Good Morning Aye Bosun, 

Thank you for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie. 

I'm extremely sorry to hear that you're still awaiting your renewal card and the situation this has left you in. 

To help us resolve this query for you here, can you confirm if the expiry date on your existing card is 04/17 or 05/17?

Thanks again, 
    Elaine 

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Aye Bosun

Good Morning Aye Bosun, 

Thank you for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie. 

I'm extremely sorry to hear that you're still awaiting your renewal card and the situation this has left you in. 

To help us resolve this query for you here, can you confirm if the expiry date on your existing card is 04/17 or 05/17?

Thanks again, 
    Elaine 
    The card expired on 04/17

Thanks Aye, 

A renewal card is automatically sent around the middle of the expiry month and your existing card will remain valid until the expiry date. As your renewal card is generally received before the expiry date the exiting one will remain active till then. This may be what the representative you spoke with was referring to however, I'm sorry that this was not explained in full.

As you've not received your new card within this expected time frame we'd like to have this looked into for you. Please send us a PM with your name, branch name and contact number and we'll be happy to arrange a call to discuss this situation and concerns which have impacted this. 

Looking forward to hearing from you, 
    Elaine 

Thanks Aye, 

A renewal card is automatically sent around the middle of the expiry month and your existing card will remain valid until the expiry date. As your renewal card is generally received before the expiry date the exiting one will remain active till then. This may be what the representative you spoke with was referring to however, I'm sorry that this was not explained in full.

As you've not received your new card within this expected time frame we'd like to have this looked into for you. Please send us a PM with your name, branch name and contact number and we'll be happy to arrange a call to discuss this situation and concerns which have impacted this. 

Looking forward to hearing from you, 
    Elaine 
    When your representative informed me that my card would work past the expiry date, I actually queried his response as it made no sense to me that a card would continue past the expiry and queried why would there be expiry dates on a card if it continued to work past that. I was skeptical of his advice on the phone and expressed this to him but he assured me this was the case. He was also aware the card was due to expire in 2 days. Therefore your explanation above is not correct or relevant to the incident as the representative was fully aware of the situation. Please listen to the recorded call to clarify this conversation.

I will pm my personal details now, but I would like a public response to the above.

Good Afternoon Aye Bosun, 

Thank you for coming back to us here. 

In light of the additional information you've provided about your conversation with one of representatives we can confirm that this was incorrect advice. While we do not have account access here to address your account specific queries on this public forum, we would certainly like to have this fully investigated for you. Upon receipt of your PM, I will forward your details to the relevant area to have this investigated.

Thanks, 
    Elaine 

• Advertisement

Day 9 and still no bank card from BOI.

Aye Bosun wrote: »
    Hi Aye, 

I'm sorry to hear this. May I ask if you've received the call we arranged from our Banking team to discuss this? 

Thanks, 
    Elaine 

Hi Aye, 

I'm sorry to hear this. May I ask if you've received the call we arranged from our Banking team to discuss this? 

Thanks, 
    Elaine 
    No phone call either..great customer services.

This is getting ridiculous now..

I am still waiting for someone to call me in relation to this issue.

I still don't have a debit card and no indication of when it will arrive.

I don't even know if the card has been issued yet.

I have made 2 phone calls to Banking 365, waiting over 10 mins on hold for each call. Was lied to on both occasion by your representatives, one in relation to the card working past the expiry date, and the other claiming the card was on the way (clearly not the case).

I have sent an email online thought banking 365 with no reply to date.

And have sent various message to yourself though Boards.

What exactly do I have to do to get access to MY cash in your bank, which I pay heft banking fees for? It is now the 9th May, 9 days after my card has expired and I am still waiting and not getting answers.

I have been a customer there since my late teens, I have a mortgage with you also. Is this how you treat loyal customers?

Someone needs to call me ASAP!

I have made 2 phone calls to Banking 365, waiting over 10 mins on hold for each call. Was lied to on both occasion by your representatives, one in relation to the card working past the expiry date, and the other claiming the card was on the way (clearly not the case).

What exactly do I have to do to get access to MY cash in your bank, which I pay heft banking fees for? It is now the 9th May, 9 days after my card has expired and I am still waiting and not getting answers.

I have been a customer there since my late teens, I have a mortgage with you also. Is this how you treat loyal customers?

Hi Aye Bosun, 

We're aware that our team attempted to contact you yesterday however, were unable to reach you. I have replied to your Private Message just now with confirmation that our team will attempt to contact you again this evening. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine

• Advertisement

Hi Aye Bosun, 

We're aware that our team attempted to contact you yesterday however, were unable to reach you. I have replied to your Private Message just now with confirmation that our team will attempt to contact you again this evening. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine
    Sorry Elaine, no-one tried to contact me yesterday at all. I had my phone with me at all time, with the ringer on loud. I have no missed called from you, or a any voice mail message.  

Hi Aye Bosun, 

Thanks, 
    Elaine
    Sorry Elaine, no-one tried to contact me yesterday at all. I had my phone with me at all time, with the ringer on loud. I have no missed called from you, or a any voice mail message.  
    Hi Aye Bosun, 

I will reply to you on Private message in a moment to confirm the contact number which are team have been attempting to call you on.  

Thanks, 
    Elaine 

Well I just got a call from BOI, I spoke to JOE who claimed to have sent my card in the post in mid April and it was returned 'not known at this address' (I don't believe this is true, I have never had an issue with post to my house), when it was returned I was told by Joe that my account had been frozen, but when I spoke to Dan Joe's supervisor, I was told this was not the case but that a hold was put on my account and no card could be issue until this was removed. 2 people 1 telephone call, 2 difference explanations, still not getting the correct information.  I find it concerning that no one called me from the bank when my card was returned.

This also leads to me ask why was I told by 2 different representatives on banking 365 telephone call on the 29/4 and 4/5 that a card had been issued and would with me in 5 days if there was a hold or freeze (whatever you want call it), on my account as I told by Dan today that card cannot be issued until the hold is removed and he was removing it today. 

I have now either spoken to or had mail conversations with 5 BOI representative and have been told 5 different stories (I say stories and they have all been based in fiction)

So I am still left today 9th May
    • with no debit card,
    • no guarantee that it will actually be sent to me,
    • I will have to wait 5 working days from now to see if it arrives,
    • no assurance that the fees I have incurred will be reimbursed to me,
    • no indication when I will receive a call from your investigation team which in turn is delaying my ablilty to open a case with the financial regulator.
    [*]

Elaine,  WHAT PART OF THIS IS OK? IF YOU WERE ME WOULD BE HAPPY WITH THIS SITUATION?

I just want a bank card, it's really not that difficult.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

Well I just got a call from BOI, I spoke to JOE who claimed to have sent my card in the post in mid April and it was returned 'not known at this address' (I don't believe this is true, I have never had an issue with post to my house), when it was returned I was told by Joe that my account had been frozen, but when I spoke to Dan Joe's supervisor, I was told this was not the case but that a hold was put on my account and no card could be issue until this was removed. 2 people 1 telephone call, 2 difference explanations, still not getting the correct information. I find it concerning that no one called me from the bank when my card was returned.

This also leads to me ask why was I told by 2 different representatives on banking 365 telephone call on the 29/4 and 4/5 that a card had been issued and would with me in 5 days if there was a hold or freeze (whatever you want call it), on my account as I told by Dan today that card cannot be issued until the hold is removed and he was removing it today.

I have now either spoken to or had mail conversations with 5 BOI representative and have been told 5 different stories (I say stories and they have all been based in fiction)

So I am still left today 9th May
    • with no debit card,
    • no guarantee that it will actually be sent to me,
    • I will have to wait 5 working days from now to see if it arrives,
    • no assurance that the fees I have incurred will be reimbursed to me,
    • no indication when I will receive a call from your investigation team which in turn is delaying my ablilty to open a case with the financial regulator.
    [*]

Elaine, WHAT PART OF THIS IS OK? IF YOU WERE ME WOULD BE HAPPY WITH THIS SITUATION?

I just want a bank card, it's really not that difficult.

Hi Aye Bosun, I'm sorry to hear this.

Please be assured that your complaint has been logged as discussed with our adviser on the call yesterday. Our complaints team will be in contact with you within 5 working days as outlined here.

Apologies again, thanks

Nicola

WOW, day 17 and still waiting for my bank card to arrive!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Hi Aye Bosun

Thanks for getting back in touch. We're sorry to hear the card has yet to be received. Has our Complaints Team been in touch to update you in the card replacement? 

Many Thanks
    Alison

Hi Aye Bosun

Thanks for getting back in touch. We're sorry to hear the card has yet to be received. Has our Complaints Team been in touch to update you in the card replacement? 

Many Thanks
    Alison
    Yes they have, but after 5 people so far telling me the card was sent and it was in fact not..I take everything I hear from BOI with pinch of salt these days!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Gerry T

Can someone in BOI send a courier with a new card and drop it in the letter box, how come BOI are so **** and seem to lie all the time.
    I'm in the process of opening 2 accounts for both my kids. So BOI your Def not getting the business.

Hi Aye Bosun

Many Thanks
    Alison
    Yes they have, but after 5 people so far telling me the card was sent and it was in fact not..I take everything I hear from BOI with pinch of salt these days!

Hi Aye Bosun

I will send you an update by PM shortly on your card query. 

Many Thanks
    Alison.

It turned up! You've out done yourself BOI. After 18 days, 7 phones, numerous emails and boards posts later I get my card. Well done. That was not difficult at all at all!

• Advertisement

It turned up! You've out done yourself BOI. After 18 days, 7 phones, numerous emails and boards posts later I get my card. Well done. That was not difficult at all at all!
    Hi Aye Bosun

Apologies for the unexpected delay. Glad to hear the card has arrived.

Many Thanks
    Alison

Just to bring this thread to an end, I got a call from BOI last week from the investigation team who offered me an unreserved apology and compensation of €250 to close the complaint.

I was very happy with how the investigation was conducted and the follow up actions by BOI. I would like to commend Laura from the investigation team for her professionalism and also Jane from BOI online who was the only CSR in BOI who took personal responsibility to ensure I received my card. Thank you to you both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Just to bring this thread to an end, I got a call from BOI last week from the investigation team who offered me an unreserved apology and compensation of €250 to close the complaint.

I was very happy with how the investigation was conducted and the follow up actions by BOI. I would like to commend Laura from the investigation team for her professionalism and also Jane from BOI online who was the only CSR in BOI who took personal responsibility to ensure I received my card. Thank you to you both.
    Hi Aye Bosun,

We're delighted to hear this has now been resolved and we'll ensure to pass on your kind feedback to the advisers involved.

Thanks and have a great weekend,
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

250 quid to stop kicking up a stink? The boom is surely back!

250 quid to stop kicking up a stink? The boom is surely back!

€250 to compensate me for not having a bank card for 3 weeks, having to pay cash advance fees on my credit card and having to spend hrs on the phone and emails listening to 5 CSR feed me pack of lies.

I am a customer and I pay for the service I receive, I was severely inconvenienced by this issues which as no fault of my own. So €250 compensation was fair.

Advertisement