Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Henry Street

• 08-05-2017 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭

Hi guys,looking for some advice.I might be starting a new job in Limerick shortly,the office is on Henry street. Any advice on routes,how heavy traffic can be,would be appreciated.I will be travelling to Limerick form the Cork direction.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

fabvinny wrote: »
    Hi guys,looking for some advice.I might be starting a new job in Limerick shortly,the office is on Henry street. Any advice on routes,how heavy traffic can be,would be appreciated.I will be travelling to Limerick form the Cork direction.
    Thanks

M20, onto M7, off at Ballysimon, in Tipperary/Ballysimon Road straight along Mulgrave Street, down Roches Street Street and you can figure it out from there as you could be further up or possibly parking in the Car Parks by Dunnes, don't know. Unless you're coming up from Cork through the Mitchelstown route.

I'd use this route over the Dock Road because it's a horrible two roundabouts during rush hour because two roundabouts and 2 lanes on each roundabouts have to get into one inbound lane.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭fabvinny

Berty wrote: »
    M20, onto M7, off at Ballysimon, in Tipperary/Ballysimon Road straight along Mulgrave Street, down Roches Street Street and you can figure it out from there as you could be further up or possibly parking in the Car Parks by Dunnes, don't know. Unless you're coming up from Cork through the Mitchelstown route.

I'd use this route over the Dock Road because it's a horrible two roundabouts during rush hour because two roundabouts and 2 lanes on each roundabouts have to get into one inbound lane.

Thanks,will be coming from the charleville side,went down yesterday and followed the sat navs instructions and that took me in by Rossbrien,across childers road,and a right at punches cross,but i met a guard and asked her (she travels from Doneraile) she said the dock road would be best,but i always thought the dock road is mental at mornings and evenings? private parking comes with the job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

fabvinny wrote: »
    Thanks,will be coming from the charleville side,went down yesterday and followed the sat navs instructions and that took me in by Rossbrien,across childers road,and a right at punches cross,but i met a guard and asked her (she travels from Doneraile) she said the dock road would be best,but i always thought the dock road is mental at mornings and evenings? private parking comes with the job.

The Rosbrien road can be absolutely mental in the mornings. I wouldn't go that way. My Sat Nav defaults that way as well. Turning right at Punches is a nightmare because of the timings of the lights.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭LimerickCity

Hi Vinny,

Important thing here is what time will you be hitting Limerick at. 

Please let us know.

15/20 minutes could make a huge difference.

You have quite a few options open to you. Some might work better than others and i would reccommed you try them all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,238 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

Well your timing is spot on. The secondary schools (which are the cause of most of the morning rush hour traffic from your side) will be finishing up in a couple of weeks.
    So, you will have the whole summer to try out different routes.....before September comes around. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭fabvinny

Hi Vinny,

Important thing here is what time will you be hitting Limerick at. 

Please let us know.

15/20 minutes could make a huge difference.

You have quite a few options open to you. Some might work better than others and i would reccommed you try them all.

im guessing i would be hitting the outskirts of the city at around 8.30am.

Advertisement