Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tracking your child's mobile phone!

• 08-05-2017 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Does anyone have any advice on the best app for tracking an android phone? Have given my son a bit more independence in relation to heading off with his friends & he has an android phone & have been advised that there's apps available to keep an eye on his location!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

Are you want bring to teach him without him knowing, or just to agree with him that you can track his phone to know where he is for peace of mind.
    Google maps new location settings allow your son to share his location with you, not sure if it can be just left on, it what the more elaborate options are.
    Any of the less transparent options are essentially spyware, not sure it's the right way to go with kids if I'm honest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,382 ✭✭✭Tefral

cc1234 wrote: »
    Does anyone have any advice on the best app for tracking an android phone? Have given my son a bit more independence in relation to heading off with his friends & he has an android phone & have been advised that there's apps available to keep an eye on his location!!!

What make phone is it? Samsung have a webbased app but the phone also has an inbuilt one called Android Device Manager (ADM). Turn on Location History and use that and that will give you the phones location.

No harm having it incase its stolen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 343 ✭✭Dammer

Look into an app called Glympse.

Lots of positive reviews as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

I use the Cerberus app as recommended to me by people on here.
    I've registered three phones on there in case they ever go missing, a useful by product of this is I can tell where everyone is with a couple of key strokes...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 246 ✭✭Alcoheda

I use the Cerberus app as recommended to me by people on here.
    I've registered three phones on there in case they ever go missing, a useful by product of this is I can tell where everyone is with a couple of key strokes...

Are your specimens aware that you do this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,192 ✭✭✭beer enigma

I use the "life360" app and find it really good

Advertisement