Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fe1 Appeals

• 08-05-2017 2:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭

Anyone appeal FE1 results? Recently passed 3 of the 4, but only got 42% in Equity. I don't think I deserved FAIL but sure..... I have 2 more sittings to pass the rest but wonder should I spend 115 on an appeal or is it a waste of cash (105 to sit it but 115 to recheck!?)? Is 8% a lot to make up!?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Redhighking

Did you attempt 5 questions in the exam?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

I failed equity the first time I sat it, came out with 44% despite attempting five. I unsuccessfully rechecked it. Passed it last sitting with 53.

If you don't mind the idea of doing it again too much I'd keep your money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

I'm only speaking from undergrad here but equity is a bloody funny one. You can think you've done really well and then there is some small misunderstanding of either the question or concept that completely throws you off more so than any other subject IMHO.

I was really pissed off with my undergrad mark, so much so that I had this whole feedback session and the errors of my ways were pointed out to me in some detail. Quite shocking really how easy it was to feck up, especially as I had actually done some study for once and wasn't hung over during the exam.

Advertisement