Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nest question

Options
  • 08-05-2017 3:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

Hi,

I have recently upgraded my gas boiler to Worcester and upgraded the pipework to 2 zones (hotwater and heating). It has a digital timer (5+2 days) on the wall to set hot water or/and radiators. There a is an analog thermostat in the hallway to control the space heating temperature. My setup allows the hot water to be switched on/off using the digital timer without the need of setting the thermostat to zero as said by other posters in one of the previous Nest threads. In the same way I can also switch on the radiators on their own using the Digital timer (ofcourse thermostat should be set to warm temp) by leaving hot water off. I'm wondering if Nest 3gen will be suitable for this setup and would I be able to control heating and/or hot water remotely with it. Will I be able to adjust the temperature as well remotely without using the manual thermostat?

I'm currently  Electric ireland Gas customer. Do I need to change my price plan to get Nest installed?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi there,

Thank you for getting in touch.

The best people to put your queries to are the Electric Ireland Home Services team, who can advise you on 1850 372 333.

They may require your Electric Ireland account details also, if you could have them to hand.

Best regards,
    Una

________

Advertisement