Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is this dress suitable for a wedding?

• 08-05-2017 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭

Bought this today and love it but am now hearing online that apparently if you wear a maxi dress to a wedding you can be perceived as trying to compete with the bride/bridesmaids? Also is the colour too similar to white?

Photos are below.
    • It's an afternoon summer wedding.
    • I am the sister of the groom but not a bridesmaid.
    • Bridesmaids are wearing mint green
    • There is no dress code

<SNIP>

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Lovely dress! Go for it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭witchgirl26

That dress is lovely! And I don't think that thing about maxi dresses is true. I wore one to my friends wedding and no issue. In fact there's lots of weddings I've been at where people have been wearing long dresses.

As for the colour - I don't think it is. But maybe just double check the bride is wearing white/variant of. My sister wore silver for hers and had to let people know she was doing that so that there wasn't someone in a similar colour dress. That would be my only note of caution. If the bride is wearing white/variant of - go for it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭2xj3hplqgsbkym

I think it is fine too. If you still felt a bit unsure you could add a little colour like pastel pink necklace and accessories

• Closed Accounts Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Ghekko

It's lovely. No rules about maxi dresses - that's nonsense. Wear it and enjoy the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭dizzyn

Gorgeous dress, can't see any issues!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Mutant z

Looks perfectly suitable to me.

Advertisement