Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of Cable

Options
  • 08-05-2017 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering what I can expect to pay for 25 metres 1.5 mm 3 core black cable and the cheapest place to get it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Risteard81

vicwatson wrote: »
    Just wondering what I can expect to pay for 25 metres 1.5 mm 3 core black cable and the cheapest place to get it?
    Your question does not even indicate what type of cable you are referring to. Are you sure you know what you are doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Risteard81 wrote: »
    Your question does not even indicate what type of cable you are referring to. Are you sure you know what you are doing?

Electric cable 3183Y, need more info??

Electric cable 3183Y, need more info??
    Fair enough - but how was anyone to know that you were referring to flex before you mentioned that?

Fair enough - but how was anyone to know that you were referring to flex before you mentioned that?

Well I posted in the electrical section, anyway, can you answer my question cheers?

Well I posted in the electrical section, anyway, can you answer my question cheers?
    You posted in the electrical section indeed, but there are many, many black cables (e.g. Hi-Tuff and SWA for two). Flex is only one of them (and even flex has multiple types).

The obvious answer to your question is to price it at a number of wholesalers if you really need to make a saving on 25 metres of cable which seems a bit unnecessary. It's not exactly a huge quantity.

• Advertisement

Yes, I'm not an electrician, just a boardsie asking for the best price around for cable for a DIY job.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭17larsson

Last time I got that it was approx €50 +VAT for 100 metres

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Had a look there, but it's out of stock and has been for a few days, and i couldn't find when it'd be back in stock.

There's a list of supplers on the suppliers sticky.
    Certainly avoid the big hardware stores and go for an electrical supplier near you

Advertisement