Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steps to open a barber shop

Options
  • 08-05-2017 5:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭

I'm thinking of opening a barber shop in Dublin can somebody tell me what are the steps required, I will be renting a small commercial property but how do you register an employee with revenue and do I have to get some sort of public liability insurance, thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,193 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Yea you have to register as an employer. It's simple enough http://www.revenue.ie/en/business/paye/guide/employers-guide-paye-registration.html

The most important thing is location, location, location get that wrong and your screwballed straight away. I can't stress this enough. Do a cash flow forecast and make sure it's sound or you'll loose all your money.

As your only stating make sure the least has some break clauses in case your need to get out quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,793 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

I would research this really carefully. Dublin has a lot of barber shops now, and it will be tough to find a place that has space.

You may be able to buy an existing premises somewhere. Having an existing trade would be a big advantage.

I would get an accountant if you are unfamiliar with the procedures. It is important to understand the VAT in particular.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1 Mfs17

Couldn't agree more with the previous texts. Need to plan this carefully and make sure you have the right steps in place.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Digital_Guy

Barber shops everywhere now. What will make yours different? That's the first question you should ask.

Advertisement