Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many cans of baby formula do you go through in a week/month?

Options
  • 08-05-2017 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭

Hi folks

Hoping you can help me with some research for a work project. My own kids are way begins the formula stage and I can no longer remember but for those of you still using formula. Could you answer the following for me please?

Size of can (grams)?
    Number of cans used?
    Per week or month?
    Age of child?
    Special diatary requirements (is more expensive)?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

What is the project?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭OU812

Its to do with the size of the cans Lazygal. Want to see if a bigger can would sell better

• Registered Users Posts: 73,459 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

They had bigger cans, then they made them 10% smaller (SMA anyway) and put up the price 10%

Once you're hooked on a particular brand from the maternity hospital onwards, it's very hard to do anything but roll over and pay whatever it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭OU812

I appreciate the input Colm, it's not that helpful to the original post though.

Ok. I guess I better clear up a little detail.

I can't give away too much. This is NOT SMA. It's an international brand currently not available in Ireland or the U.K., however its the same quality as Aptimal/SMA. It's available in the same 900g pack size as the other two as well as a 1500g, 1800g & 2000g size. There's a couple of other size profiles also including a very handy individual serving sachet for out & about which we're looking at.

There's very strict regulations on formula pricing and promotions and we want to get it right.

We're looking at bringing in a larger size than currently available that would be priced 15-20% less expensive. If the market is there for it, hence the simple market research above.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

We do not allow market research in the Parenting Forums with out prior permission.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement