Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

swift transfer PTSB

Options
  • 08-05-2017 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I bought a car last wednesday (3/5/17) and made a SWIFT transfer to NI on friday (7/5/17).

Does anybody know how long should this take? I did the transfer in Euro. I can't wait to get my car! :D

As the transfer was in Euro, is there any way to know the amount that will go (in sterling) to the NI account?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭mrawkward

Did the seller agree to take Euro? If not you are going to get gouged on fees and exchange rate!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,857 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

We did this a few weeks ago when my oh bought a car in NI. We transferred the equivalent amount in euro through PTSB and the money was in the sellers account on the same day but I believe it can take up to 2 days. Enjoy your new car.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭cubatahavana

Cork Lass wrote: »
    We did this a few weeks ago when my oh bought a car in NI. We transferred the equivalent amount in euro through PTSB and the money was in the sellers account on the same day but I believe it can take up to 2 days. Enjoy your new car.

thanks, that is very helpful

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭cubatahavana

mrawkward wrote: »
    Did the seller agree to take Euro? If not you are going to get gouged on fees and exchange rate!!

I told them I'd do it in Euro and then fix the balance depending on the exchange rates. Should I have done it differently?

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭mrawkward

I told them I'd do it in Euro and then fix the balance depending on the exchange rates. Should I have done it differently?

You will be liable for their bank fees and subject to their bank exchange rates. I have bought several cars in Stf£ and always pay in Stg£ via https://www.currencyfair.com/ ....decent savings to be made!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement