Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobius camera

Options
  • 08-05-2017 6:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭

How do you use the Mobius camera. Started using it (after my agent put in a new battery for me), but damned if I can get it to record anything. What buttons do you press?

And don't say rtfm, I have, but am not fluent in Martian.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Techmoan is God when it comes to Headcams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭Chuchote

Ah, thanks. So I need to use the power button, then the button with a camera on it to record, and the red LED light at the back will flash when it's recording. That's what I needed to know ;)

OK, got it filming, but the film is sideways, because I prefer to have the camera discreetly at the side of my helmet rather than on top looking like an idiot, or more like an idiot than usual.

Is there any way to switch the filming angle around in the settings?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Nope, you can flip it 180 but the sensor region is physically rectangular like the body so can only be used in two orientations.

Damn. Will ask the makers if they can make a camera that can sit in snug at the side of the helmet; meanwhile I'll put more velcro on top of my helmet and look [even more] like a dickette.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭jamesd

Is it waterproof?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

jamesd wrote: »
    Is it waterproof?

Nope. You can buy a weather resistant cover for them though which looks equally cheap and crap

DSC02952-300x250.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,986 ✭✭✭✭josip

jamesd wrote: »
    Is it waterproof?

Clingfilm. Be grand.

Have it working now, kinda, but it seems to take a series of short films rather than one longer film. Is this just how it works?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

You probably need to extend the interval time. Usually you can set these to 2/5/10/15/30/60 mins. I generally leave it record in small intervals as it easier to recollect where you were instead of watching an hour of footage.

• Advertisement

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    You probably need to extend the interval time. Usually you can set these to 2/5/10/15/30/60 mins. I generally leave it record in small intervals as it easier to recollect where you were instead of watching an hour of footage.

I'm not that fussed, just wondered was that normal. But as a matter of interest, is it hard to extend the time, and how do you do it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

iwillhtfu wrote: »

Interestingly enough there is a good reason for the various filming times, kind of.

OK so short ones work well for dash cams and bike cams, but if I recall correctly if it can film for longer that 20 or 30 minutes it becomes a "Video Camera/Camcorder", like proper Video camera, and thus is subject to much higher import taxes. I think it is around 9% versus 4%. Depends on the country really.

Who knew doing Interstat Codes for years would yield any use! :)
    Chuchote wrote: »
    I'm not that fussed, just wondered was that normal. But as a matter of interest, is it hard to extend the time, and how do you do it?

If it has the buttons on the side, download version 2 and there is a manual on the site as well.

https://www.mobius-actioncam.com/downloads-info/

It is one of the best camera GUI's out there IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

Chuchote wrote: »
    Damn. Will ask the makers if they can make a camera that can sit in snug at the side of the helmet; meanwhile I'll put more velcro on top of my helmet and look [even more] like a dickette.

The Mobius 2 now does this. It's the one with the buttons on the side. You can choose "inverted" or 90 degrees.

It also does a savage 1080p @ 60fps which I have tested to death, and it's amazing the detail it records while simulating serious shaking of the camera.

You'd probably get the reg of a car even if you were hoofed 40-50 meters away.

You might be a Deadite though :(

Advertisement