Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Text messages disappearing

• 08-05-2017 7:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭

I have a problem with some text messages disappearing as soon as they arrive.

I have an Honor 7 and have Google Messages set as the default messaging app.

It doesn't effect all texts but for example this evening I got a text reminder from my dentist, I got a notification sound and when I opened the Messages app I just had enough time to read the first word of the message so could see who it was from before the message disappeared from the list without trace.

I also have the Honor messaging app installed on the phone but the effected texts are not there either.

Last Friday I got two (different) texts from DHL within two minutes, the first one disappeared but there was no problem with the second one which is still here on my phone.

Anyone else ever experienced anything like this before?

invest4deepvalue.com

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,170 ✭✭✭✭ED E

The important bit as Android manages the message store and the apps act like viewers into the store. So if any app messes with a message it impacts all.

Have you let Facebook Messenger access your texts?
    https://forums.androidcentral.com/honor-8/773405-sms-text-message-disappearing-messenger-app.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

I have Facebook messenger installed but it is not set to receive normal text messages only Facebook messages.

Interesting that the problem you linked to was also with an Honor phone, also your point that texts are stored on the phone not on a server so again points to the problem being with the phone (or apps installed on it) rather than something else in the chain.

invest4deepvalue.com

Advertisement