Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contract issue

Options
  • 08-05-2017 8:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Eir rang me about 6-8 months ago and said they were giving me 40euro off spread out over the 4 bills for being a loyal customer. And for staying with Eir because I wasn't on a contract.
    I specifically remembered asking would it enter me into a contract and I am nearly certain they said it wouldn't.
    Today I rang up and attempted to cancel part of my package but I was told I still had 5 months left on my contract.
    I was told that a department can listen back to the original call and see if the person said I was or was not going to be in a contract.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

Hi Boaty,

Thanks for getting in touch and I'm sorry to hear this.

We can get a call recording listened to by the time and date of the call and we can then confirm exactly what was advised.

If you would like me to look into this, can you please PM me your full name and account number?

Thanks,
    Anna

• Registered Users Posts: 1 valerian

I had the very same experience. Impossible to get a proper answer from Eir. Have to wait now for a month to get the phone recording where I have supposedly signed up for another year. IF I did, WHY was I never sent an email confirmation, WHY does it not say so on my bills, WHY am I not informed straight away after changing over to another supplier, so that I could cancel this within the cooling off period, WHY was I not informed of the early cease charge. So many WHYs but NO ANSWERS.

Hi valerian,

I'm sorry to hear this.

When agreeing to a contract this is a verbal agreement and would not show on your bills.

With all contracts, you are charged early cease charges if you decide to terminate your services with eir whilst in contract.

Can you please PM me your full name and account number so I can advise you further on this?

Thanks,
    Anna

• Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Boaty

The girl I was talking to said it could take up to a week for the call to listened to, I'll give them two weeks and if theres no update the entire package will be getting canceled.

If you would like me to follow this up for you please feel free to PM me your account details and I would be more than happy to assist.

Thanks,
    Anna

• Advertisement

Eir rang me this morning to apologize for putting me into a contract when I shouldn't have been.
    It's so annoying that they keep charging you for a service that you want to cancel but can't due to Eir's mistake.

I think it's only fair that the cancellation date should be backdated to the first time I tried to cancel and I get a refund for being charged in the intervening period.

Hi Boaty,

Can you please PM me your account number and full name and I will look into this for you?

Thanks,
    Anna

The saga continues, I get an email to say there's a one off charge of 29 euro to cancel and the Eir team haven't a clue where it's coming from...

If they charged for phone calls they would make a fortune!

I'm afraid I would require you to PM me your account number and full name in order for me to look into this for you.

-Anna

Thanks for the offer Anna but at this stage the less people dealing with the issues the better.

There's some system in place when I was told that it takes up to 30 days to receive an email to get courier information to return this box.

• Advertisement

I'm very sorry you feel this way.

If you change your mind, please feel free to PM me your details and I would be more than happy to assist you.

Thanks,
    Anna

Advertisement