Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looking for help

Options
  • 08-05-2017 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

stupid question but if i dont ask il never know. trying to mount a scope to a tikka t3 its a 4-12x 50 scope . do i buy meduim mounts that say 42-52 or do i need high mounts that are 52 onwards any help atal would be great as the outside diameter of scope is 63.5 but there doesnt seem to be a 63.5mm scope mount.. is there anybody on here around the dublin/kildare area that have a set of 16mm dovetail 1inch tube high mounts for sale .. thanks lads

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,557 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Have a read of this.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 8 BrianR2

any1 any ideas... i bought 1inch tube high height .570 .. 42-52mm objectives warne mounts to fit my 50mm scope to my tikka t3 and they arent big enough in height theses are the highest mounts warne have to offer anybody have this problem. i dont want to put a rail on the rifle ...

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭wirehairmax

Would you not go to your nearest RFD and let him advise/sort you out? They'll surely have a selection of mounts to try?

i tryed the meduim and high these were gave to me from 2 differnt shops that are selling them years and nun of the mounts fit the meduim i cudnt put it on atal and the high my scope is touching the barrle and i cant turn the front focus its scratching the rifle and scope

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭wirehairmax

BrianR2 wrote: »
    i tryed the meduim and high these were gave to me from 2 differnt shops that are selling them years and nun of the mounts fit the meduim i cudnt put it on atal and the high my scope is touching the barrle and i cant turn the front focus its scratching the rifle and scope
    You're not dealing with the right people then. What part of the country are you in?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭lefthooker

Might be a help if you say what your rifle and scope are.

got sorted .. the scope was 63.5mm it hit the barrel with every mount i used . ended up buying a new scope that was 52mm . thanks for the help

Advertisement