Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BREAKING, Well done Gardai

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

They were told where to find them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

They be told ah be nice but we can't keep ya so carry on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Only the start of it now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭A Battered Mars Bar

God bless you an Garda. So proud. Well done to all those involved. My heart goes out to them putting their lives on the line for us everyday. Well done guys brilliant job really proud. Brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭Odelay

"Up to ten years in prison" wow, that will deter them...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Surprised we don't have a terrorist lives matter group here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

If they happen to hold citizenships ,revoke and expel from the country with no right to appeal or leagal aid ,show evidence in the special criminal court and straight on to a flight,

I'm sure a few other countries would be happy to interrogate them at proper facilities

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Why, did people think they'd just randomly raided a gaff and happened to get lucky? :D

Fair play to them anyway. I sincerely hope they don't get f*cked over by lousy prison sentences if these people are convicted - I can't imagine the cycle of work hard, arrest criminals, watch then get off lightly in court, repeat for their inevitable next offence is good for a Garda's psychological wellbeing, to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 882 ✭✭✭ygolometsipe

God bless you an Garda. So proud. Well done to all those involved. My heart goes out to them putting their lives on the line for us everyday. Well done guys brilliant job really proud. Brilliant.

Hmmm... which one are you?
    A. A Garda?
    B. Married to a Garda?
    C. A criminal looking for props?
    D. All of the above?
    E. Drunk

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Psychlops

People are always quick to slag AGS but nearly everytime a person is shot or whatever they are very quick to arrest, the equipment they operate with is not their fault that's the fault of the Govt but I commend them they do some good genuine policework for the most part.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭boredatwork82

Definitely need to build a wall around the country now. #makeirelandgrandagain

Durka durka durka

You don't think that police forces world wide should share intelligence with each other?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Terrorists in Blackrock, crikey!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Beyondgone

Terrorists in Blackrock, crikey!

Ollahoo Roish Loike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Psychlops wrote: »
    People are always quick to slag AGS but nearly everytime a person is shot or whatever they are very quick to arrest, the equipment they operate with is not their fault that's the fault of the Govt but I commend them they do some good genuine policework for the most part.

check the stats on unsolved gangland murders in the last ten years

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 263 ✭✭CoolHandBandit

Step forward Ruth Coppinger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

More car vandalism?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭dirtyden

Can you give them to us please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

Black day in Blackrock, eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Just did.

Yes, they are very good by all international standards alright.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 646 ✭✭✭koumi

any news on the disclosure tribunal? can't seem to find anything online about since a technical difficulties statement on the official site from early April.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

koumi wrote: »
    any news on the disclosure tribunal? can't seem to find anything online about since a technical difficulties statement on the official site from early April.

Nice diversion there. Never saw that coming.

Just did.

Yes, they are very good by all international standards alright.

How can we trust the figures???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Negative_G

Protestants no doubt, up to no good as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭joeysoap

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭infogiver

bubblypop wrote: »
    You don't think that police forces world wide should share intelligence with each other?

Mrs May is hinting that unless Tusk and Juncker play nicely the Brits won't be telling nobody nuthin no more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

infogiver wrote: »
    Mrs May is hinting that unless Tusk and Juncker play nicely the Brits won't be telling nobody nuthin no more.

Goes both ways though.

Goes both ways though.

Guy on RTÉ radio the other morning said Interpol is basically MI5

• Registered Users Posts: 24 MikeenRonanJr

Gatling wrote: »
    If they happen to hold citizenships ,revoke and expel from the country with no right to appeal or leagal aid ,show evidence in the special criminal court and straight on to a flight,

I'm sure a few other countries would be happy to interrogate them at proper facilities

If they tried any of that Solidarity/AAA/PPP whatever they're called would be marching on the streets against the RACIST FASCIST GOVERNMENT and Colm O'Gorman would be weeping on Claire Byrne so quick your head would spin.

• Advertisement

prob Jacob Rhys Mogg or somesuch... I'm are the French/Germans etc have pretty good intelligence ops

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

It isn't. Neither is Europol. He probably watched too many Bond movies.

If they tried any of that Solidarity/AAA/PPP whatever they're called would be marching on the streets against the RACIST FASCIST GOVERNMENT and Colm O'Gorman would be weeping on Claire Byrne so quick your head would spin.

It is lacking things like due process and a fair hearing etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 646 ✭✭✭koumi

Nice diversion there. Never saw that coming.
    I'm sorry, I realise it might not be the right place to ask I was just genuinely curious, I forgot about it until I opened this thread, there are a few garda threads in AH tonight and it just got me thinking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,195 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Gatling wrote: »

can't be done as it's against due process. the special criminal court deprives them of a proper jury trial, and it's our job to interrogate them in a fair and just manner to insure any information is accurate.
    Water board the living sh1t out of them. We can't afford to go easy on any of these savages.

can't be done, it's against their human rights and it's asalt and breaks international law.

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words, nobody has better words then me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Beyondgone

can't be done, it's against their human rights and it's asalt and breaks international law.

The Gards have pepper spray. Use that instead.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

can't be done as it's against due process. the special criminal court deprives them of a proper jury trial, and it's our job to interrogate them in a fair and just manner to insure any information is accurate.

Fair and just manner? Human rights? What about everyone else's human rights not to be killed by terrorists, or the reasonable expectation of safety? Those ****ets should be shot on sight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭learn_more

Details are scant on this at the moment but surely they got a tip-off from one of the European intelligence agencies and the Guards simply located and arrested them.

As for the points about europol and MI5 they all effectively do the same thing now which is largely computer/internet/phone surveillance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

We all critisize the Gardai, sometimes justified and I'm probably one of the first to do it, but they deserve credit where it's due. Fair play to them for it today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,111 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Terrorists charges can be anything from planning some attacks to promoting terrorism online to fund raising.

Judging on comments alot on here assumes some form of local attack.

No evidence of that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Why, did people think they'd just randomly raided a gaff and happened to get lucky?.

Ah, ya git!!! I read that, burst out laughing and woke herself up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 121 ✭✭AnMuinteoirOg

snowflaker wrote: »
    How can we trust the figures???

You can verify them yourself. You could google the case and check was somebody convicted in court

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Johngoose

Nourin O' Sullivan keeping her job!:-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭CPTM

Hmmm... which one are you? A. A Garda? B. Married to a Garda? C. A criminal looking for props? D. All of the above? E. Drunk

F. Sarcastic?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,195 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Fair and just manner? Human rights? What about everyone else's human rights not to be killed by terrorists, or the reasonable expectation of safety?

those human rights have been upheld by people being arrested, and due process will now take place which will mean said rights will continue to be upheld. rights can only be upheld via due process.
    Those ****ets should be shot on sight

can't be done as murder is illegal. unless they are armed with weapons when confronted then the normal process of arrest has to take place.

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words, nobody has better words then me.

snowflaker wrote: »
    prob Jacob Rhys Mogg or somesuch... I'm are the French/Germans etc have pretty good intelligence ops

JRM wouldn't be anyone RTE would be interested in interviewing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Will you show a little patience...give it a few more hours to form;)

I don't know where the allegation that the hard left supports ISIS comes from, but it's baseless and moronic in the extreme to say the least. Can you cite a single source for your allegation? Bonus points if you can specifically relate it to the parties you referenced above.

If these people are proven in a fair trial to be the scumbags they are alleged to be, I for one will not just support but demand either their imprisonment for a long, long time if they're Irish citizens, or their deportment if they are not.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Beanntraigheach

I don't know where the allegation that the hard left supports ISIS comes from, but it's baseless and moronic in the extreme to say the least. Can you cite a single source for your allegation? Bonus points if you can specifically relate it to the parties you referenced above.

If these people are proven in a fair trial to be the scumbags they are alleged to be, I for one will not just support but demand either their imprisonment for a long, long time if they're Irish citizens, or their deportment if they are not.
    One's a Moroccan, the other's Algerian.
    Send them home.

One's a Moroccan, the other's Algerian.
    Send them home.

Well then if they are found guilty, by all means revoke their citizenship and get them the f*ck out of our country.

Now that's coming from a far left poster, again I'd like to ask where exactly the evidence is for the far left's supposed support of Isis?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,543 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Brilliant news; Well done to the Gardaí & for anyone tasked with providing their intelligence.

Hope they will get deported soon.

• Advertisement
Advertisement