Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cheap Jeans.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭Esse85

Are you aged 75?

They are horrendous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

I'm liking the "Light Stonewashed" pair :D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

Esse85 wrote: »
    Are you aged 75?

They are horrendous.

bit harsh.

75 yr olds dont dress that sh*t.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,462 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Are you aged 75?

They are horrendous.

Might be a bit in fairness. Good for work or gardening or whatever though maybe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

heh heh, good one fellow kids..

might I enquire as to the appropriate state of fashion these morrows?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

These are the jeans that give American tourists away. These jeans and these runners.
    33273_whi.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,346 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

km991148 wrote: »
    bit harsh.

75 yr olds dont dress that sh*t.

But does my 75 year old bum look good in these: 91I-BGdY8lL._UX342_.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,682 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Believe or not but "normcore", i.e. dressing like Jerry Seinfeld, is a growing fashion trend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Jeans are fcuking jeans.

It's the numbskulls going round with rips and tears everywhere in their jeans looking like it's gone 10 rounds with a pit bull that look ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭t-hairy

Are you aged 75?

They are horrendous.

Behold! The Great God Esse85 has spoken of the denim style that pleaseth him!

Great fashion god Esse85, if it please you, pray instruct us: how skinny is too skinny?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

The 'khaki' color looks at least some what wearable from the picture.... *orders 5*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

I never buy jeans online, you really need to try them first, unless of course you already have and know the exact pair.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭tonto24

They are a bargain for someone looking for that type of style. Not mine but leave the OP alone. Why abuse someone who is only trying to help someone find a bargain?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭dar100

Are you aged 75?

They are horrendous.

LOL they are indeed! Possibly the worse pair of jeans I've ever seen

tonto24 wrote: »
    They are a bargain for someone looking for that type of style. Not mine but leave the OP alone. Why abuse someone who is only trying to help someone find a bargain?

Yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Pivot Eoin

picked these up for 33 euro. Really happy with em, look and fit as advertised:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01KPRFW8C/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1&psc=1

81E0eRVS0cL._UL1500_.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭extra-ordinary_

dar100 wrote: »
    LOL they are indeed! Possibly the worse pair of jeans I've ever seen

Show us what you consider to be the ultimate in style so we can all have a god laugh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 370 ✭✭KrakityJones

Jokes on the young folk I say - in a couple of years when ye decide to settle down and start a family all those skinny tight jeans will have squeezed the goodness outta yer plums.

(I thought the first pair were ok....)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,682 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Jokes on the young folk I say - in a couple of years when ye decide to settle down and start a family all those skinny tight jeans will have squeezed the goodness outta yer plums.

(I thought the first pair were ok....)

They may not be able to afford to settle down (i.e. buy a house) and have kids, so that might work out for the best. :P

Btw I don't think Amazon ship a lot of clothes to Ireland. I recently ordered a pair of jeans (not these ones!) and had to send through Parcel Motel.

Show us what you consider to be the ultimate in style so we can all have a god laugh.

I think the picture above represents a nice pair of jeans

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭extra-ordinary_

dar100 wrote: »
    I think the picture above represents a nice pair of jeans

Ah yeh...nice...go well with your shaved chest...:pac:

Ah yeh...nice...go well with your shaved chest...:pac:

No not really, I just don't fancy a pair of jeans fit for an OAP or some lad going around in a supped up starlet saying that's fierce!! I'm sure you know the type, they cut the jeans at the end to fit over their runners instead of buying boot cut!! But hey, what can you do when you spend all your money in the bookies and on your large exhaust pipe 😊😊😊

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,357 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

They may not be able to afford to settle down (i.e. buy a house) and have kids, so that might work out for the best. :P

Btw I don't think Amazon ship a lot of clothes to Ireland. I recently ordered a pair of jeans (not these ones!) and had to send through Parcel Motel.

I've bought 2 Levi's shirts and 2 pairs of Vans and they came over no problem.

Birneybau wrote: »
    I've bought 2 Levi's shirts and 2 pairs of Vans and they came over no problem.

Actually now that you mention it I've ordered Vans and Converse no problem as well, but they wouldn't deliver Nudie jeans to Ireland. I dunno, I encounter a lot of random stuff that they won't deliver here. GTA 5 for the PS4 for example. I think they might be listing errors in a lot of cases.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Worst is all these lads, especially overweight ones, in the skinny jeans, and a certain type of skinny jeans.

You might be in the supermarket looking down and see the lower legs, presume its only a woman who would be wearing such outrageously tight jeans, then you scan upwards and instead of seeing a nice female arse its these bizarre sagging crotches, looks like a toddler who has shat themselves proper, wandering around looking for mammy to wipe them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭jmorrisey

rubadub wrote: »
    Worst is all these lads, especially overweight ones, in the skinny jeans, and a certain type of skinny jeans.

You might be in the supermarket looking down and see the lower legs, presume its only a woman who would be wearing such outrageously tight jeans, then you scan upwards and instead of seeing a nice female arse its these bizarre sagging crotches, looks like a toddler who has shat themselves proper, wandering around looking for mammy to wipe them.

Wow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Actually now that you mention it I've ordered Vans and Converse no problem as well, but they wouldn't deliver Nudie jeans to Ireland. I dunno, I encounter a lot of random stuff that they won't deliver here. GTA 5 for the PS4 for example. I think they might be listing errors in a lot of cases.

Buy Nudie direct from their site, buy during their sales and there is usually free shipping and good reductions.

longshanks wrote: »
    Buy Nudie direct from their site, buy during their sales and there is usually free shipping and good reductions.

Yeah I've ordered from them direct as well, but only when I'm sure about the size. Returns to the UK are cheaper than Sweden.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

kneemos wrote: »
    Dunno if the Amazon thread is still going but these Jeans look good value anyway. https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00XKXNG8M/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_ManezbBFJRTK7

But they're not cheap! You'll get cheaper and considerably nicer jeans in Penny's and Dunnes Stores. Those things are horrendous and look like the type of jeans sold in co-ops to farmers although I'd say most farmers wouldn't be seen dead in those things.

• Advertisement

But they're not cheap! You'll get cheaper and considerably nicer jeans in Penny's and Dunnes Stores. Those things are horrendous and look like the type of jeans sold in co-ops to farmers although I'd say most farmers wouldn't be seen dead in those things.

33 Euro for a nice pair of well fitted jeans is astoundingly good value for money, considering most guys wear jeans almost every day and will have 3 - 5 pairs. Roughly about 50 - 100 days a year.

Style and appearance is subjective. Those jeans above I got, wore and received compliments from people wearing, which I dont really care about but is always nice to have a confidence booster.

Penneys Jeans arent well fitted, and Dunnes neither (Let alone Dunnes isnt cheap anymore either, you'll pay far more than 33 euro for their higher end jeans in there.)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Pivot Eoin wrote: »

Penneys Jeans arent well fitted, and Dunnes neither (Let alone Dunnes isnt cheap anymore either, you'll pay far more than 33 euro for their higher end jeans in there.)

I disagree. They're skinny jeans fit surprisingly well actually and are well made. I don't know about they're other style jeans.

Fair enough I'll speak for male. I don't wear Skin tight jeans, picture above which is slim leg is bout as skinny as id go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Fair enough I'll speak for male. I don't wear Skin tight jeans, picture above which is slim leg is bout as skinny as id go.

Even then, it looks uncomfortable to me. What exactly is wrong with the jeans in the OP? Are the legs too wide for some?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

Even then, it looks uncomfortable to me. What exactly is wrong with the jeans in the OP? Are the legs too wide for some?

Buy some and go out in public and find out.

The Americans have a name for them "Dad jeans" if you don't no what's bad about them you probably already dress like that.

http://pixel.nymag.com/imgs/daily/intelligencer/2014/03/14/obama-jeans/14-obama-jeans-2009-4.nocrop.w536.h2147483647.2x.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Etnies wrote: »
    Buy some and go out in public and find out.

The Americans have a name for them "Dad jeans" if you don't no what's bad about them you probably already dress like that.

http://pixel.nymag.com/imgs/daily/intelligencer/2014/03/14/obama-jeans/14-obama-jeans-2009-4.nocrop.w536.h2147483647.2x.jpg

It's quite possible I do. And yet nothing has ever happened to me when I went out in them :D

• Advertisement

It's quite possible I do. And yet nothing has ever happened to me when I went out in them :D

You must have missed all those judgemental looks from the strangers 😊😊😊😊

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭learn_more

I used to buy expensive jeans decades ago but the fact is that Penny's jeans are a tenth of the price and they are just as nice if not nicer even if they don't last as long. I recall buying a pair of Emporium Armani Jeans in London for 90 pounds ( which was extremely extravagant for me) back then and they fell apart in less than a year and they weren't even that nice. Stretchy jeans are the best thing ever, I only discovered them last year. I don't care if they look skin tight because they are just so comfortable. I can wear them on my bike when I'm languishing around town instead of sporty trackeis which I really didn't like wearing in public. Ppl woud think I'm a knakcer which I am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭testicles

This post has been deleted.

testicles wrote: »
    I'm at a loss to see what is wrong with these jeans. Perhaps it's because I was born in the 70s...

They appear to give me plenty of room to tuck my cock into my sock covertly.

LOL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

33 Euro for a nice pair of well fitted jeans is astoundingly good value for money, considering most guys wear jeans almost every day and will have 3 - 5 pairs. Roughly about 50 - 100 days a year.

Style and appearance is subjective. Those jeans above I got, wore and received compliments from people wearing, which I dont really care about but is always nice to have a confidence booster.

I have 3 or 4 pairs of jeans from Penny's/Dunnes and Asda and they are all a very good fit/cut and wear very well and considerably better than branded jeans I have bought from independent clothes shops. I paid less than 20euro for most of them, I think Dunnes jeans were 24.99 and are actually my favourite. They're all slim fit jeans, if that makes a difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,776 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Surely how well fitted a pair of jeans are depends on the shape of your legs more than whether you got them in Pennys, Dunnes or Amazon :confused:

keane2097 wrote: »
    Surely how well fitted a pair of jeans are depends on the shape of your legs more than whether you got them in Pennys, Dunnes or Amazon :confused:

I would say if you know your sizes, and the fitting style of jean, the fit should be near the same every time and conform to what most would expect the style of fit to look like, and not have excess, or too little material in one spot. I usually find this to be true of some of the slightly big brand named jeans, and not the ones from Penneys and Dunnes - I may well be wrong, just my personal experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,776 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

I would say if you know your sizes, and the fitting style of jean, the fit should be near the same every time and conform to what most would expect the style of fit to look like, and not have excess, or too little material in one spot. I usually find this to be true of some of the slightly big brand named jeans, and not the ones from Penneys and Dunnes - I may well be wrong, just my personal experience.

But like we have people here arguing 'the jeans in Penney's aren't well fitted like the ones on Amazon' and others saying 'I got two pairs of jeans in Dunnes and they are very well fitted'.

I'm not getting what information they are trying to convey here. They fit well on your arse, someone else might not be able to get them over their thighs.

'Well fitted' isn't a characteristic you can apply to a brand as a generalism. 'They fit me well'/'They suit my figure' maybe, but I doubt anybody else gives a fiddler's fart about that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,566 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I think I have even bought a pair of these lately

Got a pair of these on Ebay for thirty odd quid I think. Marked as seconds but don't see anything wrong with them and look and fit great. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/302233611967

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 191 ✭✭blue_blue

1. Man shalt not wear Skinny Jeans.
    1st Fashion Commandment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Not really clear in the OP link. Are the black jeans plain black or stonewash as well. Anyone care to hazard a guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭tv3tg4

Never cared much for chainstore jeans until I picked up a pair from penny's.

Chain stores have got better.

Advertisement