Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is someone you inexplicably can't stand?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,242 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Amy Huberman had two chances in the UK (barring cameos)-oncee with Threesome, and once with a one season appearance in Cold Feet.

It's not happening for her in the UK, so RTE throw money at her to give her more work... :confused:
    Nobody else is getting the chance-Kerry Condon's even retreating back to Ireland because it's not happening for her either.

If you can't 'give away' talent-then maybe they're not talented? Eh RTE?

She's in Better call Saul and had a voice over in the Avengers :confused: sounds decent to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,150 ✭✭✭mistersifter

smilerf wrote: »
    I used to love The Immediate but could never take to his solo work

now they were underground. Good band.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Smooth as a mink’s nutsack.
    Ah feic off Marty!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,327 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

She's in Better call Saul and had a voice over in the Avengers :confused: sounds decent to me.

Voice overs can be recorded in a day, so it's not major work. As for Better Call Saul-didn't know about that.

Thought her most famous role up until then was a one episode appearance in The Walking Dead. But that was when the show took a massive dip after Frank Darabont's firing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Don't know why but Klopp is starting to wind me up lately. Used to really like the guy but I've grown tired of him of lately.
    Eamonn DeValera. The old folk think he was some sort of demigod but the more I read up on him the more I realise he was a useless leader who traded on his Rising story his whole life.

A fan of the Nazi Germany also.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,161 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Shane Ross. Can't put my finger on it, but yes, Shane Ross....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭valoren

Tiger Woods
    Leo Cullen
    Bubba Watson
    Phil FIGJAM Mickelson
    Dustin Johnson
    Brian O'Driscoll
    Johnny Sexton
    There are plenty more.

Golfers are an interesting breed alright.

Jack Nicklaus is one for me. He has the cover front and status of being a legend of the game but you just know that in private he radiates an attitude of "It's my world, be thankful to be part of my reflective glory you nobody". I guess he regrettably had a chip on his shoulder as Palmer easily and always had the love and admiration of the crowds. They loved Arnie, they respected Jack for his accomplishments so he subsequently re-invented himself as the 'gosh darn' shuckster to appear humble.

Colin Montgomerie has a similar attitude. He always tried to portray himself as knowledgeable, errudite and oh so humble but unlike Nicklaus he's been incapable of hiding the reality that he's just an ass hat. He's been unable to contain that attitude privately.

Alternatively, there is someone like Nick Faldo. An actually humble, humourous, hard working player who adopted a public front of being the cold, callous competitor and who isolated himself from the galleries and his peers. He revelled in the role feeling that it gave him an edge. It wasn't a popularity contest, he never had say the grá that Seve had. While he still had the self-absorbed traits required to be a top competitor, it was only after his playing days came to an end and when he began commentating that we saw the real Faldo, the been there done that authority who was knowledgeable and genuinely self-deprecating.

Unfortunately, the damage was done and for some it can't be undone. He'll always be an asshole. Ben Hogan before him was the blueprint Faldo used. He was a shy, introverted bantam weighted ball striking genius who never had the love or affection Byron Nelson, Sam Snead or Jimmy Demaret had in spades. In his later years it was said by his peers that he was finally saying hello when it was actually time for him to say goodbye.

I suppose the point I'm getting at is to be wary of the humble nice guys (who would privately chew you up and spit you out) and to not take an instant disliking to the aloof one dimensional winners who are actually decent skins. You see the same framing today with Brooks Koepka. An apparantly aloof, loner who has had an apparant chip on the shoulder foisted upon him despite having won 2 majors and who looks like a movie star.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

Eamonn DeValera. The old folk think he was some sort of demigod but the more I read up on him the more I realise he was a useless leader who traded on his Rising story his whole life.

Grandad is that you ????

Hated the man he did, we were a Collins house and he never let me da forget it!!!!

Amy Huberman had two chances in the UK (barring cameos)-oncee with Threesome, and once with a one season appearance in Cold Feet.

It's not happening for her in the UK, so RTE throw money at her to give her more work... :confused:
    Nobody else is getting the chance-Kerry Condon's even retreating back to Ireland because it's not happening for her either.

God she was utter ****e in Cold Feet!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

Kerry Condon has been consistently working in high profile projects (Avengers movies, 3 Billboards etc). Haven't seen her doing anything in Ireland of late.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,145 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Berserker wrote: »
    Don't know why but Klopp is starting to wind me up lately. Used to really like the guy but I've grown tired of him of lately.

Plenty liked the Nazi is too in UK including English football team

It's completely explicable and therefore not strictly for the thread but can I say once again after reading about her **** autobiography and the Mercury Prize - LILY ****ING ALLEN.

Zach Braff. On reflection, I'm in the wrong thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Your enemies friend is your friend. Signing a book of condolence hardly qualifies someone a nazi. I'm no fan of DeValara. Go back a couple of decades and delve deeper into the activities of Casement. (not the explicit stuff, unless of course that's yer bag baby)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭squawker

thought that was always done just to wind Churchill up

(no fan of Dev either)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭ Milena Fluffy Stretcher

Zach Braff. On reflection, I'm in the wrong thread.

Looking at his twitter / he is an insufferable trump whinger ..... waaah the vote didn’t go my way

• Registered Users Posts: 30,541 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Only really appeared on the scene in last few weeks but Margaret Cash is a nightmare to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭valoren

Jon Cryer from Two and Half Men.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Any golfer.

Any darts player.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Only really appeared on the scene in last few weeks but Margaret Cash is a nightmare to me!

Me too but the reason is easily explainable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭RioM

valoren wrote: »
    Jon Cryer from Two and Half Men.

Can't stand him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

The miserable cow who reads out the sport on the RTE news- Claire something or other? Does she ever smile, I get the vibe shes a total and utter c u next Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,471 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

The miserable cow who reads out the sport on the RTE news- Claire something or other? Does she ever smile, I get the vibe shes a total and utter c u next Tuesday.

You could have something there Wand..... it’s indeed possible.

Good release there, by the way, lifted a load I’d say.

God she was utter ****e in Cold Feet!!!!!!

When isn't she? She was terrible in 'Your bad self' as well.

The've started showing the adverts for her 'new show'... it looks insufferable.
    The usual 'strong independent woman' but men are objects.

And Aisling Bea is in it-straight out of a showmance with Michael Sheen that didn't even last 6 months.
    (She's another one who's a sure sign your show is a one seasoner, or cancelled. Eg Dead Boss, The Fall, Trollied, Delivery Man, Hard Sun. She's gotten a lot of chances due to 'diversity').

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭CK22

Just saw him on the Late Late tonight. That Supervet. Like he seems alright, but at the end of the day, he is a vet, and how he can have a show for the 3arena is mad. Like what can he possibly do for about 14,000 people? Is it a show where he just talks for 2 hours?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Mary Coughlan. Although I'm not sure how inexplicable that is

• Registered Users Posts: 39,903 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Plenty liked the Nazi is too in UK including English football team

The English football made the salute because they were made to. It doesn't mean that everyone on the team was a lover of the nazis.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

Omackeral wrote: »
    Any golfer.

Any darts player.

I guess that means we'll never be friends. I play lots of golf and darts!

Mary Coughlan. Although I'm not sure how inexplicable that is

Which one? The Singer, or the former minister for Agriculture?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Which one? The Singer, or the former minister for Agriculture?

The singer.

Advertisement