Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is someone you inexplicably can't stand?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Dial Hard wrote: »
    The Foil Arms & Hog guys. Faces begging to be punched, one and all.

I unfortunately saw them live this summer. Went with a friend who wanted to go. Really hackneyed Irish jokes. There was one about Buckfast. Seriously. I saw them saying in an interview once that they haven’t gotten a TV show yet because sketch comedy was out of fashion, they were told. Maybe that’s true but it’s more likely that they just weren’t deemed funny enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭js35

Myleene Klass .... overly smug (IMO)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,151 ✭✭✭mistersifter

js35 wrote: »
    Myleene Klass .... overly smug (IMO)

Hate those f*ckers who cant be just the right amount of smug :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

trashcan wrote: »
    Speaking of people you can't stand. Unfunny, egotistical twat. (Not exactly inexplicable I'll grant you.)
    I haven't ever watched his comedy. But i walked by him in grafton street and have seen interviews.

He genuinely seems like a really unstable extreme personality. He didn't seem happy.

He is related to many senior politicians so maybe that kills your spirit a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 80sChild

Anne Hathaway grrrrrrrrrr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,018 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I haven't ever watched his comedy. But i walked by him in grafton street and have seen interviews.

He genuinely seems like a really unstable extreme personality. He didn't seem happy.

He is related to many senior politicians so maybe that kills your spirit a bit.

He's sound actually...

• Registered Users Posts: 40 80sChild

Rory McIlroy

He''s a wrong un

• Registered Users Posts: 3,398 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

Josh Widdicombe he's so annoying and he's not even funny. Saw him on the Graham Norton show ages ago and he was absolutely horrible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Redneck Reject

Willie O'Dea every time he comes to my house with his squeaky voice I just want to slap him.

He's sound actually...
    He's not. He humiliated my friend.

He also through wine at a woman at a party once as a joke.

Someone heckled him once and he allegedly threatened to 'rape them'.

He also said what Al Porter did was no big deal. (even if he was guilty)

Also if he isn't getting attention he's a nightmare.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Willie O'Dea every time he comes to my house with his squeaky voice I just want to slap him.

Doesn't belong in this thread though, because it's quite reasonable not being able to stand that muppet :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Keith Duffy

• Registered Users Posts: 8,327 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

He's not. He humiliated my friend.

He also through wine at a woman at a party once as a joke.

Someone heckled him once and he allegedly threatened to 'rape them'.

He also said what Al Porter did was no big deal.

Also if he isn't getting attention he's a nightmare.

Yeah... I've heard stories on McSavage. A LOT of people have not good stories on him. Not Al Porter bad, but 'He's a douche' bad.

I heard one where he took someone's phone as a joke, handed it to someone else, and that other guy ran off with it. Never got it back. McSavage, to avoid a scene, agreed to buy em a new phone. Reluctantly.
    It was pre-smart phone's are everywhere days, so it wasn't a 600 or 800 euro phone. But he was still reluctant to fork over around 200 bucks.

He did have to turn around and personally apologise to Al's victims, and took back what he said.
    Still shouldn't have said it. Especially in light of it still being under investigation. (Still is-so I won't say anything more).

He doesn't take well to heckling-he genuinely doesn't. I'm starting to wonder if he's got some kind of untreated illness. Possibly ADD, or ADHD.
    With elements of narcissism.

Savage Eye was funny, but that was more a group effort tbh.

Yeah... I've heard stories on McSavage. A LOT of people have not good stories on him. Not Al Porter bad, but 'He's a douche' bad.

I heard one where he took someone's phone as a joke, handed it to someone else, and that other guy ran off with it. Never got it back. McSavage, to avoid a scene, agreed to buy em a new phone. Reluctantly.
    It was pre-smart phone's are everywhere days, so it wasn't a 600 or 800 euro phone. But he was still reluctant to fork over around 200 bucks.

He did have to turn around and personally apologise to Al's victims, and took back what he said.
    Still shouldn't have said it. Especially in light of it still being under investigation. (Still is-so I won't say anything more).

He doesn't take well to heckling-he genuinely doesn't. I'm starting to wonder if he's got some kind of untreated illness. Possibly ADD, or ADHD.

Possibly. No excuse though.

Its not just his act that is the problem.

The mate of mine he humiliated was not on stage it was in a bar.

The women he threw wine at was at a social party with other Irish celebs. The woman was a non celeb. He was basically bored and wanted attention and realized she wasn't well known and threw red wine over her dress.'He said something like 'Its so so white..slosh ..eew'.

He used to sing comments about sleeping with women who would pass by his street act. It was really sleazy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Redneck Reject

For me it has to be Roger Taylor. He always comes across as a prick.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Vic_08

He's sound actually...

Finally something on this thread that is inexplicable, someone thinking that utter kunt is sound.

He shouted something in my direction on the street years ago, mentioned it to a few colleagues and when stories about someone giving him a kicking in retaliation spread they were convinced I did it, sadly it wasn't me. It did my reputation no harm at all that people thought it happened.

Not sound, never was, still isn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭smilerf

Idris Elba
    Just comes across up his own hole

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

SirChenjin wrote: »

Jimmy Carr just sets my teeth on edge, can't stand him.

With his stupid fake laugh, and smug head.

That eejit from Boyzone that's covered in tattoos.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

daithi o'shea? .
    If he was a teacher he'd bully the smarter lads in class and pick on the ones not into GAA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

vriesmays wrote: »
    If he was a teacher he'd bully the smarter lads in class and pick on the ones not into GAA.

He WAS a teacher wasn't he, or am I thinking of someone else?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,347 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Well that's what you get for marrying him Mrs O'Dea :D

Hecklers should be executed in fairness

Vic_08 wrote: »
    Finally something on this thread that is inexplicable, someone thinking that utter kunt is sound.

He shouted something in my direction on the street years ago, mentioned it to a few colleagues and when stories about someone giving him a kicking in retaliation spread they were convinced I did it, sadly it wasn't me. It did my reputation no harm at all that people thought it happened.

Not sound, never was, still isn't.
    I met him and he was sound you were part of his show and got all upset ...

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭dickangel

I can't stand the sight or sound of Hozier for some reason.

Dave Grohl is another one. I like his music but I don't like him, and he's considered to be the nicest guy in rock.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Any fcuker who goes for the ‘head of tangled curls’ look and over forty.

Dave Fanning

Diarmuid Gavin

That Davies kernt on every UK floss show

Tom Parsons

Jim McGuiness

....cretins

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Meryl Streep . Just cannot take to her at all

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Jim Gavin. A charisma blackhole. Strikes me as the sort of man who labels and irons his boxers.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

They say he has a pre-departure checklist for mornings.

Pre departure check list -check

Boxers-check

Colour- blue and navy-check

Stains- faint-within operating limits-check

Waistband- tight-check

Trousers-operating freely-check

Shirt- tight and closed-check

Aircon- packs on-check

Flaps-as desired- check

Route- SID

In the event of engine failure continue on R/Y heading to FL5000

Expecting CAVU conditions tomorrow with little turbulence and a smooth landing on R/w 05.

Over

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

They say he has a pre-departure checklist for mornings.

Pre departure check list -check

Boxers-check

Colour- blue and navy-check

Stains- faint-within operating limits-check

Waistband- tight-check

Trousers-operating freely-check

Shirt- tight and closed-check

Aircon- packs on-check

Flaps-as desired- check

Route- SID

In the event of engine failure continue on R/Y heading to FL5000

Expecting CAVU conditions tomorrow with little turbulence and a smooth landing on R/w 05.

Over

You on the turps, pal?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭EICVD

Jim Gavin. A charisma blackhole. Strikes me as the sort of man who labels and irons his boxers.

Enjoy tomorrow

Advertisement