Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is someone you inexplicably can't stand?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭Randy Archer

debok wrote: »
    Ivan Yates

Nah, it’s all an act, his staff on the radio claim he’s nothing like that off air . It’s hilarious . It’s intentionally winding up people . In contrast to George Hook, who I like (radio and tv right pundit persona that is) he’s meant to be difficult all the time

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭Randy Archer

Laois_Man wrote: »
    Vogue Williams!

Isn’t that quiet understandable and explainable ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Daithi o'Sé

Bressie. His heart seems in the right place, but when he does things like this, it bothers me for some reason

https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2020/0428/1135427-bressie-sends-over-200-ukuleles-to-people-cocooning/

I get it's totally my issue, as he seems like an okay guy. What can I say, it's inexplicable :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Bressie. His heart seems in the right place, but when he does things like this, it bothers me for some reason

https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2020/0428/1135427-bressie-sends-over-200-ukuleles-to-people-cocooning/

I get it's totally my issue, as he seems like an okay guy. What can I say, it's inexplicable :pac:

No your grand, I have always thought he was a total dose. People who use mental health as some sort of a call to arms are a waste of space. He is a sanctimonious pile of shight, he is basically a walking virtue signal that breathes.

He is not as sick as he pretends to be either, which is not fair on people who are. The only people who like him are birds, ask yourself the question, could you trust him to be in the company of yours?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭ Milena Fluffy Stretcher

charging was it a grand or so to schools to do speeches on "mental health"...yeah trying to cash in on the bandwaggon..

charging was it a grand or so to schools to do speeches on "mental health"...yeah trying to cash in on the bandwaggon..

Yeah I always get that vibe that he is not as afflicted as he lets on. I don't know why, as of course notionally 'successful' people are as vulnerable as anyone. He's done well for himself, but I would have no interest in his guidance on mental health. It feels like a slick and vacuous version of the real thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Sinatra.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,327 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Yeah I always get that vibe that he is not as afflicted as he lets on. I don't know why, as of course notionally 'successful' people are as vulnerable as anyone. He's done well for himself, but I would have no interest in his guidance on mental health. It feels like a slick and vacuous version of the real thing.

He claims to have mental health problems, then smokes cannabis... and wants it legalised.

Any mental health professional will tell you weed only makes your mental illness worse. (It's the THC, among other things).
    That and certain latent disorders (that one may only be a carrier for, but may not have) can be triggered by cannabis.

Bressie is a sycophant. A leech. He was a crap rugby player, a crap musician, and now he's trying to be a mental health advocate.
    Then is happy to spread dangerous misinformation.

I had to google sycophant there, but he is definitely that as well.

In fact if RTE had the balls they would produce an annual television award for the most sycophantic, sanctimonious and ambitious pile of self promoting shight excuse for an individual they can find.

That person should receive an award... called a " Bressie".

It would sell plenty of advertising for starters.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 814 ✭✭✭debok

He claims to have mental health problems, then smokes cannabis... and wants it legalised.

Any mental health professional will tell you weed only makes your mental illness worse. (It's the THC, among other things).
    That and certain latent disorders (that one may only be a carrier for, but may not have) can be triggered by cannabis.

Bressie is a sycophant. A leech. He was a crap rugby player, a crap musician, and now he's trying to be a mental health advocate.
    Then is happy to spread dangerous misinformation.

I know plenty of people who say they have metal health issues but continue to drink alcohol. I know that alcohol definitely made my own mental health issues way worse.

Nah, it’s all an act, his staff on the radio claim he’s nothing like that off air . It’s hilarious . It’s intentionally winding up people . In contrast to George Hook, who I like (radio and tv right pundit persona that is) he’s meant to be difficult all the time

Has nothing to do with his radio or TV acting

debok wrote: »
    I know plenty of people who say they have metal health issues but continue to drink alcohol. I know that alcohol definitely made my own mental health issues way worse.

Well, alcohol tends to clean metal... ;)

Any substance will make mental health issues worse. Coffee is not recommended for someone with anxiety, for example.
    It makes things worse.

But when you have a substance that can actually trigger mental health problems when there were none before (for example, latent Schizophrenia-which may not develop in a person unless they use cannabis) then you don't go near it. Or recommend it.

Well, alcohol tends to clean metal... ;)

Any substance will make mental health issues worse. Coffee is not recommended for someone with anxiety, for example.
    It makes things worse.

But when you have a substance that can actually trigger mental health problems when there were none before (for example, latent Schizophrenia-which may not develop in a person unless they use cannabis) then you don't go near it. Or recommend it.

No point really talking to you when a typo is the first thing you take from my post. Stick to your **** thread .

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Macdarack

I think he's completely full if shiit. Can't stand him.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Why is a grown man still calling himself Bressie? :rolleyes:

It's like that one sad and immature friend in every group who still makes everyone call him by a childhood nickname.

Why is a grown man still calling himself Bressie? :rolleyes:

It's like that one sad and immature friend in every group who still makes everyone call him by a childhood nickname.

We come from a country of 'Bono', 'The Edge', 'Gavin Friday', 'Hozier', 'Duke Special', 'the myriad number of names Sinead O'Connor has gone by', 'Tony Fenton', 'Al Porter', 'Guggi'...

You get my drift. Lots of supposed 'famous' people using plonker nicknames.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

We come from a country of 'Bono', 'The Edge', 'Gavin Friday', 'Hozier', 'Duke Special', 'the myriad number of names Sinead O'Connor has gone by', 'Tony Fenton', 'Al Porter', 'Guggi'...

You get my drift. Lots of supposed 'famous' people using plonker nicknames.

I guess if your name is like Malachy Murphy....or Feargal McConkey or such like it unlikely to be suitable for a show business person.

Or if you have a bonce resembling a skating rink for flies you have to wear a Beany /Hat/ Cap/ Hairpiece.

Not to mention getting the old brown choppers capped....

A bit like Joe Dolan or Christy Moore? Their names are normal.

Bressie is a total tosser. NO talent whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

I guess if your name is like Malachy Murphy....or Feargal McConkey or such like it unlikely to be suitable for a show business person.

Or if you have a bonce resembling a skating rink for flies you have to wear a Beany /Hat/ Cap/ Hairpiece.

Aren’t you the dude who mentioned buying a toupee in Thailand when you were over there on a ‘golfing holiday’?

Apologies if it wasn’t you.

• Advertisement

I don't know why they wear the beanies. Bono clearly got hair plugs/ hair transplants.

I lost my hair at around 20, I shaved it off about a year or two later. Hair transplants are just an ego thing, tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,327 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    A bit like Joe Dolan or Christy Moore? Their names are normal.

Bressie is a total tosser. NO talent whatsoever.

I wonder is there anyone with a one-word stage name that isn't a plonker actually?

Adele seems more normal than the rest of them I suppose, but it certainly tends to be the reserve of eejits alright.

I wonder is there anyone with a one-word stage name that isn't a plonker actually?

Adele seems more normal than the rest of them I suppose, but it certainly tends to be the reserve of eejits alright.

I was gonna say Kylie, but she still uses her second name. Beyonce, Prince (RIP), Eminem, Rihanna, Shakira,Slash, Lorde, are some that that spring to mind.

They just mind their own business, keep making music, and just avoid stepping into s**t. (Or did, in the case of Prince, who's sadly no longer with us).

They don't go off, spouting rubbish. And in the case of Lorde, tend to only make an appearance (outside of music) when they're taking the pee out of themselves.
    (Lorde has appeared on SNL, and was the loudest person laughing when she was the punchline on South Park.)

The sad thing is, Ireland has a habit of celebrating the mediocre. Everyone else backs stuff up, Irish acts just tend to be crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,327 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I was gonna say Kylie, but she still uses her second name. Beyonce, Prince (RIP), Eminem, Rihanna, Shakira,Slash, Lorde, are some that that spring to mind.

They just mind their own business, keep making music, and just avoid stepping into s**t. (Or did, in the case of Prince, who's sadly no longer with us).

They don't go off, spouting rubbish. And in the case of Lorde, tend to only make an appearance (outside of music) when they're taking the pee out of themselves.
    (Lorde has appeared on SNL, and was the loudest person laughing when she was the punchline on South Park.)

The sad thing is, Ireland has a habit of celebrating the mediocre. Everyone else backs stuff up, Irish acts just tend to be crap.

I'll give you Lorde.

But Prince was definitely a drama queen!

Back on topic, it may be a bit niche, but I listen to the No Such Thing as a Fish podcast every week. It's four producers from QI discussing their favourite facts of the last seven days.

Good fun, and can be very interesting, but one of them, Anna Ptaszynski, is painful. She always interrupts the others, and tries to be the smartest and funniest person in the room the whole time.

I'll give you Lorde.

But Prince was definitely a drama queen!

Back on topic, it may be a bit niche, but I listen to the No Such Thing as a Fish podcast every week. It's four producers from QI discussing their favourite facts of the last seven days.

Good fun, and can be very interesting, but one of them, Anna Ptaszynski, is painful. She always interrupts the others, and tries to be the smartest and funniest person in the room the whole time.

Prince was grand, until he found religion.

Oh Jesus, the 'QI Elves'. I went off of QI a while back. I think, once they let the likes of Aisling Bea on the show, it killed my attention span.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,018 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    No your grand, I have always thought he was a total dose. People who use mental health as some sort of a call to arms are a waste of space. He is a sanctimonious pile of shight, he is basically a walking virtue signal that breathes.

He is not as sick as he pretends to be either, which is not fair on people who are. The only people who like him are birds, ask yourself the question, could you trust him to be in the company of yours?

it must have hurt that only women with no interest in music went to his gigs and that his own music is worthless and will never be played again, i know the preferred sex is a bonus but you really need the material!

it must have hurt that only women with no interest in music went to his gigs and that his own music is worthless and will never be played again, i know the preferred sex is a bonus but you really need the material!

Did anyone listen to his podcast? I avoided it like the plague, personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,887 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Beyonce is an odd one out in that list. She's a complete and utter diva and egomaniac.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Bradley Walsh, for me.

I never realised how much The Chase is on television. It seems to be multiple channels at every time of the day.

It's not that I think he's a bad guy, I just don't think he's funny. There's plenty of comedians I don't like but I can understand and acknowledge their style of comedy, even if it's not just for me.

But he's not a comedian, yet think he's the funniest guy on television. He tops it all off with the fakest laugh on television, far worse than Jimmy Fallon who takes a lot of flack for his.

For example, this clip has nearly 2 million views on YouTube and is often posted on social media as "omg look at this TV presenter who can't stop laughing, it's so funny"..... I go mad because it's so incredibly fake.

https://youtu.be/jl1Zfz-Widc

• Advertisement

Bradley Walsh, for me.

I never realised how much The Chase is on television. It seems to be multiple channels at every time of the day.

I agree on that. Walsh strikes me as a decent guy, but he's sort of the safe entertainer, really.
    Inoffensive to a small child, or your nan.

Advertisement