Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is someone you inexplicably can't stand?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Bradley Walsh gets a pass.

There is a touch of the Blackpool's about him that I find charming. He is actually a failed soccer player who became a bluecoat at Butlins or something similar.

There is something agreeably cheesy about the professional entertainer, he is not slagging off minorities or trying to be edgy, he is making your granny laugh, I kind of like that at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,327 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Bradley Walsh gets a pass.

There is a touch of the Blackpool's about him that I find charming. He is actually a failed soccer player who became a bluecoat at Butlins or something similar.

There is something agreeably cheesy about the professional entertainer, he is not slagging off minorities or trying to be edgy, he is making your granny laugh, I kind of like that at times.

Well it is inexplicable....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

That "Cetch him Derry, Cetch HIMM!!" fella on YouTube from Kerry, Tadgh Fleming, he has a punchable face.

Also Alan Carr, I just think he's too loud and over the top for my liking.

Regina Doherty, she looks like a school mistress

• Registered Users Posts: 30,541 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Baz Ashmawy and that stupid Tesco ad his in that pops up on Facebook about Covid19!

We come from a country of 'Bono', 'The Edge', 'Gavin Friday', 'Hozier', 'Duke Special', 'the myriad number of names Sinead O'Connor has gone by', 'Tony Fenton', 'Al Porter', 'Guggi'...

You get my drift. Lots of supposed 'famous' people using plonker nicknames.

Let’s not forget Mundy and Roesy. Actually what is the story with all that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

Maura Higgins. Fake hair fake tan fake lips. I’ve never seen an episode of Love Island but I saw her skating on a tv show and she was so rude shouting back at the judges. Now it seems she’s been seeing a married man too who was her skating partner on the show. Horrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Lord Glentoran

Kerrygold’s retro adverts have not worn well for me in the last forty years.

“Who’s gonna take the Harse ta France?” Now looks like a reference to the Lady of the House.

“Who’s gonna take the Harse ta France?” Now looks like a reference to the Lady of the House.

q_ybPY.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭smilerf

There is an absolute melthead on YouTube
    I can't remember his name but he has a football channel
    Skinny and black hair
    Tries to get in 200 words a minute
    Oh and he's Irish 😭😭

smilerf wrote: »
    There is an absolute melthead on YouTube
    I can't remember his name but he has a football channel
    Skinny and black hair
    Tries to get in 200 words a minute
    Oh and he's Irish ����

Jacksepticeye?

• Advertisement

I love that old ad, especially the auld wan giving the Frenchwoman an utter filthy look when she tells Enda Oates that he "cooks like a Frenchman"

I think they should make a follow up ad to it. It can be filmed just outside the bedroom that evening and all you can hear are the noises from the bedroom with the French one going "Oooh you ride like a Frenchman", Enda going "Ooh, ooh I'm taking the Horse to France tonight". Then it should show the auld wan in the next bedroom going "He's going to be cummng now, any minnit".

Anyway back on topic, I can't stand that whiney voiced fella that has the show on Newstalk right after Pat Kenny's show.

I love that old ad, especially the auld wan giving the Frenchwoman an utter filthy look when she tells Enda Oates that he "cooks like a Frenchman"

I think they should make a follow up ad to it. It can be filmed just outside the bedroom that evening and all you can hear are the noises from the bedroom with the French one going "Oooh you ride like a Frenchman", Enda going "Ooh, ooh I'm taking the Horse to France tonight". Then it should show the auld wan in the next bedroom going "He's going to be cummng now, any minnit".

Anyway back on topic, I can't stand that whiney voiced fella that has the show on Newstalk right after Pat Kenny's show.

It felt like they were planning to do a serial kind of advert, like the Anthony Head Coffee adverts, or the Oxo adverts. It definitely ends on a 'there'll be a sequel'. Wonder why that didn't happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭percy007

Doug Heffernan's wife Carrie, can't stand her. 🙈

percy007 wrote: »
    Doug Heffernan's wife Carrie, can't stand her. ��

Used to be fine as hell.

giphy.gif

It felt like they were planning to do a serial kind of advert, like the Anthony Head Coffee adverts, or the Oxo adverts. It definitely ends on a 'there'll be a sequel'. Wonder why that didn't happen?

The ad was filmed in the early 90's when Ireland was just coming out from being under the iron grip of the Church. My own guess is that some religious conservative types, not dissimilar to the auld wan in the ad probably kicked up a stink about the "inappropriate nature" of the ad ie A scarlet French floozy trying to seduce a widower farmer. Such a thing would have still caused outrage among many back then.

The ad was filmed in the early 90's when Ireland was just coming out from being under the iron grip of the Church. My own guess is that some religious conservative types, not dissimilar to the auld wan in the ad probably kicked up a stink about the "inappropriate nature" of the ad ie A scarlet French floozy trying to seduce a widower farmer. Such a thing would have still caused outrage among many back then.

I suppose for every major step forward, there's always two or three steps back. I'm sure they were mad that homosexuality was legalized around that time, so any kind of saucy advertising would have gone down like a led zepp.

They could even have kept it tame-jut have it so they fell in love by the third or 4th advert.
    Didn't need to show anything 'saucy'.

They’d be shagging with a pack shot of Kerrygold in the foreground and the horse whinnying at the climactic moment.

They’d be shagging with a pack shot of Kerrygold in the foreground and the horse whinnying at the climactic moment.

Tbh, when you mentioned the butter, first thing that sprang to mind was Last Tango in Paris....

Tbh, when you mentioned the butter, first thing that sprang to mind was Last Tango in Paris....

“Shall we butter the shpuds?”

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

I'd say he was feeding a hungry horse that night ifyouknowwhatimean!

Barry Keoghan the actor.
    He has a bit of a gormless face and seems to always be quite vacant in a lot of roles. I know his face is a bit unique but there's that English actor (if you google "actor with eyebrows" it finds him!) who has much better range with a unique look.

• Advertisement

razorblunt wrote: »
    Barry Keoghan the actor.
    He has a bit of a gormless face and seems to always be quite vacant in a lot of roles. I know his face is a bit unique but there's that English actor (if you google "actor with eyebrows" it finds him!) who has much better range with a unique look.

I have a sneaky suspicion that Keoghan is gonna be another of those 'also ran' Irish actors that completely screws things up as an actor.
    Same as Jonathan Rhys Meyers, or Stuart Townsend. OR Eamonn Owens, come to think of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

This has made me cry laughing. The aul biddy's line is a constant catchphrase in this house.
    Along with "you could put a bit of butter on the spuds there Andre".

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

I have a sneaky suspicion that Keoghan is gonna be another of those 'also ran' Irish actors that completely screws things up as an actor.
    Same as Jonathan Rhys Meyers, or Stuart Townsend. OR Eamonn Owens, come to think of it.

What did Owens do?
    I know the other two píssed it away in one way or another.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 814 ✭✭✭debok

Rhys Meyers and Townsend are brutal actors. They got there on looks and looks alone. Keoghan has done way better roles than either of them already. In fairness Townsend was up Charlize Theron though.

razorblunt wrote: »
    What did Owens do?
    I know the other two píssed it away in one way or another.

A series of s***e films, and s***e tv shows.

Studs, The Boys and Girl from County Clare, Perfect Day, Big Bow Wow, Dead Bodies, and St Patrick: The IRish Legend, to name a few.

He peaked very early-showed promise in The butcher boy. It seemed to all evaporate after that.

debok wrote: »
    Rhys Meyers and Townsend are brutal actors. They got there on looks and looks alone. Keoghan has done way better roles than either of them already. In fairness Townsend was up Charlize Theron though.

Townsend wrote and directed Battle in Seattle, and for a time it seemed like he might move behind the camera. I mean, many's a bad actor found they were better directors. Or producers (such as Robert Evans did). So if he'd moved into directing, he could have turned things around.
    Unfortunately, he was also an unprofessional idiot-like turning up 6 hours late to a Thor costume fitting, and then getting fired. Plonker.
    Keanu Reeves had tons of jokes made about his acting (And tbh, he was often pretty awful in certain movies). The difference being that no matter how hard things got on a film set, he'd keep the spirits up, and nobody came out of the movie badmouthing or firing him. Townsend was acting like he was hollywood royalty. He was dating Theron, but couldn't make a decent movie (even when he managed to convince her to be his co-star, which he did on two or three movies that were crap). He can't even get arrested nowadays.

Jonathan Rhys Meyers...now there's a complete douche. Everytime he got close to being a major player, he'd get plastered drunk, in public, then get filmed saying racial expletives.
    He major movies, was in Mission Impossible 3 (the biggest underperformer of the MI franchise)... and oddly, never got invited back for the sequels. (Keep in mind Simon Pegg, and others, made their debuts in the same film. They've been asked back since. I reckon Meyers f***ed up, behind the scenes. Tho you forget he was even in the film, tbh). Folks can say 'his alcoholism messed him up', but Simon Pegg has admitted to having an issue with alcohol-never affected his professionalism.

A series of s***e films, and s***e tv shows.

Studs, The Boys and Girl from County Clare, Perfect Day, Big Bow Wow, Dead Bodies, and St Patrick: The IRish Legend, to name a few.

He peaked very early-showed promise in The butcher boy. It seemed to all evaporate after that.

After The Butcher Boy he was tipped to be the next big irish star. After the flop that was The Big Bow Wow he got very minor roles in Irish movies and tv series, often typecast as a gurning simpleton ie in Studs and The Boys and Girl from County Clare. The last time I saw him in anything it was a very minor role as a thug in Love Hate.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,746 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Dr. Ciara Kelly?

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

Dr. Ciara Kelly?

Hmm, actually I think it's the wrong time slot I was talking about :/ This was at the weekend, I think it was on Saturday at 12pm. This whiney voiced guy came on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Hmm, actually I think it's the wrong time slot I was talking about :/ This was at the weekend, I think it was on Saturday at 12pm. This whiney voiced guy came on.

Bobby Kerr has a show on a Saturday but that finishes up at 12. He comes across as a properly nice sort of fella, but his voice really irritates some people.

Advertisement