Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is someone you inexplicably can't stand?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

razorblunt wrote: »
    What did Owens do?
    I know the other two píssed it away in one way or another.

He was well cast in the Butcher Boy but don't think he had much range as an actor. I'd say what really hobbled his career was being in the Big Bow Wow, that sank the careers of nearly everyone who was in it, it was that bad

• Registered Users Posts: 10,746 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Hmm, actually I think it's the wrong time slot I was talking about :/ This was at the weekend, I think it was on Saturday at 12pm. This whiney voiced guy came on.

Future Proof is the show, Johnathan McCrea is the presenter. I wouldn’t call his voice “whiney” but that’s just me.

Newstalk has a pretty weak morning “schedule” on weekends.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

Ciara Kelly + 1 - she's a female version of Joe Duffy - how much misery can we discuss ad nauseum - her voice does my head in

• Registered Users Posts: 10,746 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Ciara Kelly + 1 - she's a female version of Joe Duffy - how much misery can we discuss ad nauseum - her voice does my head in

I should point out I wasn’t putting Dr. Kelly “forward” as someone I, personally, can’t stand. I was just looking for clarification as her show follows on from Pat Kenny’s.

I think she’s a very capable radio presenter, however, the “format” of her show lets her down. If I wanted to listen to the opinions of idiots I’d listen to ‘Live Line’ on RTÉ, it’s basically the radio equivalent of Boards.ie so we’re already inundated with these moronic opinions as it is.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 3,151 ✭✭✭mistersifter

Future Proof is the show, Johnathan McCrea is the presenter. I wouldn’t call his voice “whiney” but that’s just me
    Hmm, actually I think it's the wrong time slot I was talking about :/ This was at the weekend, I think it was on Saturday at 12pm. This whiney voiced guy came on.

McCrea is a good one for this thread IMO. He covers some interesting stuff but I get the impression he's an uppity little bollix. Probably cos of the awfully posh nasally voice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

I'd say he was feeding a hungry horse that night ifyouknowwhatimean!

Barry Keoghan the actor.
    He has a bit of a gormless face and seems to always be quite vacant in a lot of roles. I know his face is a bit unique but there's that English actor (if you google "actor with eyebrows" it finds him!) who has much better range with a unique look.

Not so much "gormless", he has the quintessential skanger head on him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭Glencarraig

But you would if she offered !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,327 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

But you would if she offered !!!

Jesus now... JESUS... NOOO... NOOOO... GOD NOO!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

heldel00 wrote: »
    This has made me cry laughing. The aul biddy's line is a constant catchphrase in this house.
    Along with "you could put a bit of butter on the spuds there Andre".

In the next video Andre could turn up unannounced and start flirting with the French one in the kitchen offering to "butter up her spuds" while Enda looks on with envious murder in his eyes. The auld biddy goes "He'll be hitting the Frenchman a box now, any minnit" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

In the next video Andre could turn up unannounced and start flirting with the French one in the kitchen offering to "butter up her spuds" while Enda looks on with murder in her eyes. The auld biddy goes "He'll be hitting the Frenchman a box now, any minnit" :D

I can feckin hear her, with the aul raspy voice, saying it!! Tears ran down my face this morning reading that other post, couldn't read it out to my husband with the laughing. Honestly haven't laughed like that in a long time. Thank you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

Jesus now... JESUS... NOOO... NOOOO... GOD NOO!!!

Or in other words...yes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

heldel00 wrote: »
    I can feckin hear her, with the aul raspy voice, saying it!! Tears ran down my face this morning reading that other post, couldn't read it out to my husband with the laughing. Honestly haven't laughed like that in a long time. Thank you.

I'm delighted you got a laugh from it :D
    The auld biddy has a look on her that would curdle milk

Or in other words...yes

No means no... and in this case... most definitely no.

I'd amputate before I'd go near that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

No means no... and in this case... most definitely no.

I'd amputate before I'd go near that.

RabbleRouser2k doth protest too much, methinks

anigif_enhanced-31860-1420824803-14.gif

I try to get clean, I scrub and scrub... and yet the torture won't leave my brain...

MAKE IT STOP!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 814 ✭✭✭debok

Mad_maxx wrote: »

Yeh ya think he be able to control what his head looks like . The way normal people can. Ridiculous

• Closed Accounts Posts: 814 ✭✭✭debok

Yeh ya think he be able to control what his head looks like . The way normal people can. Ridiculous

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

37469435-3995-4715-9547-F8-CC1-CC7-AAB7.png

Not to crap on your joke, but are you implying Ciara Kelly is some kind of 'hottie'?

I'm uglier than the guy in the picture, but are you gonna really wheel that meme out for someone like Ciara?
    Really?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

Michael Parkinson.

I watch a lot of talk-show clips of Carson, Cavett etc.
    There was a lot of interesting guests during that era.

Parkinson always comes across as a cowardly type of bigot.
    The uneasy mix of pandering and moralizing is hard to watch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Thandie Newton ‘ I have no idea why

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭ Milena Fluffy Stretcher

Megan Rapinoe....no wait thats not inexplicable, and she's going to be even more insufferable losing the court case

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

Aren’t you the dude who mentioned buying a toupee in Thailand when you were over there on a ‘golfing holiday’?

Apologies if it wasn’t you.

...not me mate ....did have a rather fetching tonsure and "tidy up" in the scrotal area .....just for hygiene purposes though.

Well worth having if over there ....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Thandie Newton ‘ I have no idea why

Seriously? Her and Tessa Thompson are the only thing that make Westworld bearable

Your Face wrote: »
    Michael Parkinson.

I watch a lot of talk-show clips of Carson, Cavett etc.
    There was a lot of interesting guests during that era.

Parkinson always comes across as a cowardly type of bigot.
    The uneasy mix of pandering and moralizing is hard to watch.

Cavett's been a revelation. Wasn't alive when he was on tv, but he got a lot of interesting info out of his guests.
    Not to crap on Carson, btw. I find Carson interesting.

But for me, Cavett get's people to reveal a lot in a very 'welcome to my living room' kind of interview style. It's a different style that's rare to see nowadays.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

I thought Ray D'Arcy was the female Joe Duffy?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

I actually wouldn't even say skanger, he doesn't even look threatening in that regard. His face just has a constant look on it. Expression less.

I actually wouldn't even say skanger, he doesn't even look threatening in that regard. His face just has a constant look on it. Expression less.

Yep, 'blank space' acting... the likes Ryan Gosling does often.

People think it's 'fantastic acting', when really you can put any music or soundtrack behind it, and get a different meaning in any scene, no matter what.

Keogh's got less expression than a clothes store mannequin.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭TomTree

Stefaine Preissner .................................. am i alone in this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

TomTree wrote: »
    Stefaine Preissner .................................. am i alone in this

She's been very helpful on Instagram lately- posting lots of information for people regarding work situations and actually finding stuff out for people when they ask. Helped loads of people figure our their entitlements for social welfare etc.

Advertisement