Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is someone you inexplicably can't stand?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭TomTree

She's been very helpful on Instagram lately- posting lots of information for people regarding work situations and actually finding stuff out for people when they ask. Helped loads of people figure our their entitlements for social welfare etc.

As far as I can tell she just reads out the advice available on Citizen Information and HSE websites, she has no more inside to these things than anyone, if her followers were not increasing as a result I doubt she would be so helpful?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,018 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

TomTree wrote: »
    Stefaine Preissner .................................. am i alone in this

seems like a nice person but i'm suspicious that her twitter followers are being used as an experiment. For example she'd proclaim a feckin stupid pop song as the greatest song of the 90's and then vanish, so obviously "men" bombard with their views such as radiohead and teen spirit etc (90's had a high standard in fairness" and to me it looked like research for a book or something!

seems like a nice person but i'm suspicious that her twitter followers are being used as an experiment. For example she'd proclaim a feckin stupid pop song as the greatest song of the 90's and then vanish, so obviously "men" bombard with their views such as radiohead and teen spirit etc (90's had a high standard in fairness" and to me it looked like research for a book or something!

I just get an off feeling about her, seems to be a contradiction on social media. Maybe your hitting the nail on the head there with that theory about using social media as an investigative tool for writing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,327 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

I just get an off feeling about her, seems to be a contradiction on social media. Maybe your hitting the nail on the head there with that theory about using social media as an investigative tool for writing.

Social media brings out the worst in people, sadly.

Social media brings out the worst in people, sadly.

Yah, pity for a writer she feels the need to peddle herself so much on social platforms.

She seems to think she is an oracle for a generation.

• Advertisement

Yah, pity for a writer she feels the need to peddle herself so much on social platforms.

There are sooo many like that. I'd blame that vacuous scumbag waste of space otherwise known as Lena Dunham for starting that s**t, but I feel like she's a symptom of the disease, not the virus itsself.

Part of me thinks it's youtube, part of me thinks its social media, but really it's any twit you put in front of a camera will come out with some proselytizing crap.

There are sooo many like that. I'd blame that vacuous scumbag waste of space otherwise known as Lena Dunham for starting that s**t, but I feel like she's a symptom of the disease, not the virus itsself.

Part of me thinks it's youtube, part of me thinks its social media, but really it's any twit you put in front of a camera will come out with some proselytizing crap.

Well to be fair Lena Dunham would be talented, painful but a talented writer. Stefaine just likes to tell us how she doesn't like people and says No to social activity unless the wedding is going to be in RSVP !

Well to be fair Lena Dunham would be talented, painful but a talented writer. Stefaine just likes to tell us how she doesn't like people and says No to social activity unless the wedding is going to be in RSVP !

Talented is not a word I'd associate with Dunham. Her episode of the Simpsons (which I believe she helped write, even uncredited) is utter dog-s**t.
    First season of Girls got a lot of attention, second season was a ratings flop that continued to slide downhill.

Plus,folks forget Dunham started out on youtube, but never had to struggle because her parents are rich and already in the film industry. (It's why Dunham's first film is on the Criterion collection).

That's sad about Preissner... she genuinely seemed down to earth. Sad to see the 'Can I just say no' doesn't apply when it comes to her profile, or a fiver in her pocket.
    I remember her appearance on the Late Late Show (alongside John Connors') sort of showed how out of touch she was. (Talking about having a GP, a Psychiatrist,etc etc, and how that should be the normality for everyone).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Talented is not a word I'd associate with Dunham. Her episode of the Simpsons (which I believe she helped write, even uncredited) is utter dog-s**t.
    First season of Girls got a lot of attention, second season was a ratings flop that continued to slide downhill.

Plus,folks forget Dunham started out on youtube, but never had to struggle because her parents are rich and already in the film industry. (It's why Dunham's first film is on the Criterion collection).

That's sad about Preissner... she genuinely seemed down to earth. Sad to see the 'Can I just say no' doesn't apply when it comes to her profile, or a fiver in her pocket.
    I remember her appearance on the Late Late Show (alongside John Connors') sort of showed how out of touch she was. (Talking about having a GP, a Psychiatrist,etc etc, and how that should be the normality for everyone).

You don’t like women much, do you?

I love women... to quote Chris Rock 'My mom was a woman, so that helps'.

I just don't like hypocrites. And I've seen too many of those in my short time on this planet. (Even if I live to be 2000, that would still be tiny chunk of time of this planet's existence).

Hyprocrites are every gender, and I don't like them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,018 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

she did amuse me when she discovered the inner city kids mode of entertainment (literally dating back to the vikings) of jumping in the liffey, for the first time and went on social media like she uncovered something huge!
    I'm not saying it's clever or safe jumping in the river from a height, but it was the millennial "omg look what i've just discovered this is an outtage" that amused me

she did amuse me when she discovered the inner city kids mode of entertainment (literally dating back to the vikings) of jumping in the liffey, for the first time and went on social media like she uncovered something huge!
    I'm not saying it's clever or safe jumping in the river from a height, but it was the millennial "omg look what i've just discovered this is an outtage" that amused me

Yah, she flogged herself all over any media outlet that would listen when she got tested in Croke Park " doing her bit ":)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Myself... I'm awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Go easy on that auld ink cartridge Tomás!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Better Than Christ

There are a couple of posters who, when I see that they've posted on this thread, my first thought is "oh, I wonder what woman he's giving out about today".

I'm rarely proven wrong (generally, and also in relation to that particular observation).

There are a couple of posters who, when I see that they've posted on this thread, my first thought is "oh, I wonder what woman he's giving out about today".

I'm rarely proven wrong (generally, and also in relation to that particular observation).

Wow-you just assumed everyone's gender...

So uncouth.

Go easy on that auld ink cartridge Tomás!

You referring to me?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,210 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

Tommie Gorman/RTE reporter. He reminds me of some old dusty schoolmasters from way back in the 70s, just the way he dresses 'old man style' and always downbeat, looking & sounding negative about everything :(

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Tommie Gorman/RTE reporter. He reminds me of some old dusty schoolmasters from way back in the 70s, just the way he dresses 'old man style' and always downbeat, looking & sounding negative about everything :(

Good descrip.

For me he’s a old rural curate as austere and spare as most of them were, with all the juice sucked out them and any element of ‘fun’ firmly in past.

Good descrip.

For me he’s a old rural curate as austere and spare as most of them were, with all the juice sucked out them and any element of ‘fun’ firmly in past.

Dude has spent far too much time dealing with Nordies and Northern Ireland. Being in the company of such sour, dour, and mean-spirited people would have to rub off on you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Dude has spent far too much time dealing with Nordies and Northern Ireland. Being in the company of such sour, dour, and mean-spirited people would have to rub off on you.

He misses the troubles, loves the Queen, I suspect he has a bowler hat and the nose tells its own story

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Elon Musk.

An absolute cùnt.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

J. Marston wrote: »
    Elon Musk.

An absolute cùnt.

The physical resemblance to David Walliams doesn't help.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

The physical resemblance to David Walliams doesn't help.

Thats who he reminds me of.I just couldnt pinpoint it.

Elon Musk.

An absolute cùnt.

What is it about smug tech sorts who got lucky on cheap credit, lack of regulation, and in many cases, destroying communities (Airbnb, Uber etc), the belief that they can speak with absolute authority on everything?

That ballbag Paddy Cosgrove is the same.

When this is all over we should get epidemiologists to offer advice to Elon and the lads why their robber baron businesses went bust.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭Be right back

Elon Musk.

An absolute cùnt.

And terrible namer of babies!

Wow-you just assumed everyone's gender...

So uncouth.

As generic responses to mild criticism go, "did you just assume my gender" has become so overused that you'd have to wonder if some people are capable of possessing an original thought at all.

As generic responses to mild criticism go, "did you just assume my gender" has become so overused that you'd have to wonder if some people are capable of possessing an original thought at all.

Don't like it when one has an original thought, don't like it when they don't.

Just put me on ignore, you're not going to like a single thing I say-I can just tell.

Don't like it when one has an original thought, don't like it when they don't.

Just put me on ignore, you're not going to like a single thing I say-I can just tell.

Calm your tits/man-tits. The comment that you hilariously and originally (if that makes you happy) responded to wasn't even a specific reference to you anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭Glencarraig

Or perhaps hes just a man who went through a horrible bout of cancer a number of years ago and it has taken it's toll on him.

Advertisement