Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is someone you inexplicably can't stand?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Rodin

She wrote Can't Cope, Won't Cope.

Was pretty much mainstay of Brendan O' Connor's 'Cutting Edge'.

Yeah I never watched that. Looked 5hittt

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Rodin

pale rider wrote: »
    Gemma O'Doherty

Horrid horrid person...No more of a description needed

Not exactly inexplicable though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,327 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Rodin wrote: »
    Yeah I never watched that. Looked 5hittt

Neither did I, but it was popular. She did two seasons, then ended it. (At the time, she said it was because she felt it had gone as far as it could go. In retrospect, I suspect Nika McGuigan (who sadly passed away last year from cancer) was probably not in the best of health and wouldn't be able to do a third season).

I will say she built up a following by actually doing work, and her one woman show (which is up on the RTE radio site) 'Solpadeine is my boyfriend' is actually not that bad.
    I know she wrote it before she lost weight, so dunno how that altered her perspective.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

Neither did I, but it was popular. She did two seasons, then ended it. (At the time, she said it was because she felt it had gone as far as it could go. In retrospect, I suspect Nika McGuigan (who sadly passed away last year from cancer) was probably not in the best of health and wouldn't be able to do a third season).

I will say she built up a following by actually doing work, and her one woman show (which is up on the RTE radio site) 'Solpadeine is my boyfriend' is actually not that bad.
    I know she wrote it before she lost weight, so dunno how that altered her perspective.
    I heard that one night when I was off my head drunk after the pub and I thought it was outstanding. What an accurate portrayal of the lengths people will go to for their fix. I don't think anyone but addicts can fully understand that level of need.

I inexplicably hate Owen Wilson. Having a stupid face is not a valid reason for hating the man, but whenever he's in a film I want to punch him in his stupid face.

Poor guy. The poor stupid-faced, annoying, smushed-nosed stupid actor.

He's probably grand like. I feel mean about the probably misdirected feelings of hatred I have.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,541 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Harvey Norman!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

She wrote Can't Cope, Won't Cope.
    I watched the first episode. Main character annoyed the bejaysus out of me.
    Never watched again.

Barna77 wrote: »
    I watched the first episode. Main character annoyed the bejaysus out of me.
    Never watched again.

Preissner only wrote it, she didn't star in it. (Barring a small role as a guard)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Susan Calman

• Registered Users Posts: 19,472 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Susan Calman

Tell us who she is........probably a cnunt, but let us know anaway?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

I know it’s a bit of a generalisation, but all Bohemians supporters.

I don’t even follow the LoI so it’s nothing to do with club rivalries. It’s just I’ve never met a Bohs ‘man’ who wasn’t a knob. Extraordinary trend to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭ Milena Fluffy Stretcher

I don’t even follow the LoI so it’s nothing to do with club rivalries. It’s just I’ve never met a Bohs ‘man’ who wasn’t a knob. Extraordinary trend to be honest.

the hipster "st pauli" wannabe act is nausiating tbf

• Registered Users Posts: 10,746 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

You’re probably only meeting the “newer” Bohs fan, J. There’s a good few “real” supporters out there, fair enough, some of them are a bit rough around the edges but their alright.

The problem is that the League of Ireland got a massive “boost” in attendances, mostly Bohs and Rovers, when Manchester United went shíte.

All the lads who used to wear the jersey or head to the pub on Sunday for the soccer have pretty much disappeared. When you ask them who they support now it’s always Boh or Rovers, followed by a lengthy “spiel” about live soccer is so “pure” and that “English premier league” is all money with no passion. Either that or they say they no longer follow soccer.

Very fickle if you ask me, J. I’ve voiced my “concern” on here before, I’d be very worried that the LoI attendances will drop back down if Man U start becoming competitive again in 8-10 years.

All those jerseys will be dusted off and stretched back over those big, big, bellies and the ‘glory, glory’ shouts will ring out once again.

Very fickle.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 61 ✭✭Flavour Diaper

I would go in deep on Gweneth's Vagina. That women astonishes me with her grace, beauty and wisdom.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,887 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Adam Buxton

Really don't know why but he annoys me for some reason.

I would go in deep on Gweneth's Vagina. That women astonishes me with her grace, beauty and wisdom.

Wrong thread...

Tell us who she is........probably a cnunt, but let us know anaway?
    You will probably know her face
    sc-susan-calman-19.jpg

The little Scottish 'comedian' and presenter.
    She does the great british menu and spends all her time annoying the heck out of the already stressed chefs. I'm suprised nobody has told her to piss off yet.

She does the great british menu and spends all her time annoying the heck out of the already stressed chefs. I'm suprised nobody has told her to piss off yet.

Wasn't she on Strictly or something? I think that's how she got the gig.

I don't watch the show, the Great British menu thing, but it sounds like she's acting like Harry Hill on 'Junior Great British Bake Off'...
    Watched one episode of the show, and he's annoying the abolute s**t out of the kids on that.
    They clearly want to slap him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

sc-susan-calman-19.jpg

Never heard of her before but that picture is enough to make me hate her.

Never heard of her before but that picture is enough to make me hate her.
    Her humour is the annoying class-clown variety.
    The person in the class who thought they were hilarious but everyone was really thinking 'just shut up will you? I'd rather learn algebra than listen to your crap'.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

sc-susan-calman-19.jpg

Is she kranky?

• Advertisement

Is she kranky?
    Fandabbydoozey! Maybe she's some relation to Wee Jimmy, they are very alike.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,599 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

She's on QI regularly, now that fellow lesbian Sandi Toksvig is the host.

She's on QI regularly, now that fellow lesbian Sandi Toksvig is the host.

So is Aisling Bea. Another one who I despise.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Anyone who is into “the horses”. Asking about tips and in and out of bookies.

Omackeral wrote: »

I have relatives who bet on horses...

It's never in the tenners, or hundreds with them. They'll spend about 4 or 5 grand per bet.

It's definitely not healthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,034 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Chief medical officer Holohan.
    Don't know why but, nah

• Registered Users Posts: 14,034 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Omackeral wrote: »

Knew people like that back in the boom. I used to be pretty lucky ,but if really was pot luck if my 5 or 10 euro bet came in .
    One guy who studied form , jockeys and all that shyte would back 100's up to 1000's. When they took all his new cars and lorry off him they he called them bastards and parasites.
    He had a wife and 3/4 children the fcucking fool.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭smilerf

cj maxx wrote: »
    Don't know why but, nah
    I said that a while back
    He looks like a a right grumpy cnunt

• Registered Users Posts: 30,541 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

cj maxx wrote: »
    Don't know why but, nah

There's something there and I can't put my finger on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,472 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

There's something there and I can't put my finger on it.

Head on him like a rubber on top of a pencil?

Advertisement