Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is someone you inexplicably can't stand?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,327 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Gammyeye wrote: »
    Kieth Lemon. Not funny in any of his incarnations, shouty, crass and a fool.

Had a friend who used to love his stuff.

For the life of me I could never understand why.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭smilerf

The big lad on that homes of the year programme
    What a pompous prick

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

bitofabind wrote: »
    Aren't "social media personalities" even more annoying during these times? Whether it's the incessant virtue signalling around BLM or posting their daily workouts or desperate #ad #spon partnerships for meaningless tat or ridiculous non-stop insta-storying their tedious lives. They just seem even more pointless and stupid in the middle of a global pandemic.

Dudes who keep calling it a "GLOBAL Pandemic".

The word PANDEMIC indicates that it is worldwide...as opposed to EPIDEMIC...no need for the GLOBAL bit.

It's like when our Finance Minister talks about reversing back ...no need for the back ....... reversing implies going backwards

Whew.! Glad I got that orf my little pidgeon chest.....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,049 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Brid Smith. I despise her. She is so full of shi.t

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Brendan o Carroll.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    Brendan o Carroll.

I remember when he used to be on Don't Feed The Gondolas in the late 90s. Came across as an egotistical bully. Also wrote some utter shyte in his Sindo column. He seems to have toned things down in recent years but Il always be biased against him for reasons above and more.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

I remember when he used to be on Don't Feed The Gondolas in the late 90s. Came across as an egotistical bully. Also wrote some utter shyte in his Sindo column. He seems to have toned things down in recent years but Il always be biased against him for reasons above and more.

That’s Brendan O’Connor, dude.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭PonchoMcHoncho

Chris Ramsey. Other than having a Geordie Accent there's absolutely nothing funny about him and he just annoys me any time I see him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭micar

Gammyeye wrote: »
    Kieth Lemon. Not funny in any of his incarnations, shouty, crass and a fool.
    Had a friend who used to love his stuff.

For the life of me I could never understand why.

This x 100000000000000000000000000000000000000

I absolutely despise Keith Lemon

I've said it here before........why oh why does Keith lemon have a slight speech impediment?

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭mcbert

The word PANDEMIC indicates that it is worldwide...as opposed to EPIDEMIC...no need for the GLOBAL bit.

It's like when our Finance Minister talks about reversing back ...no need for the back ....... reversing implies going backwards

Whew.! Glad I got that orf my little pidgeon chest.....:D

LOL. I bet "ATM Machine" really grinds your gears!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,427 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

mcbert wrote: »

and PIN Number

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Oops!

Alison Curtis.... I'll never understand how she got the Today FM gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭Dickie10

yes yes yes Alison Curtis,the radio is nearly bet in the jeep keeps hopping to today fm one day there, i heard her, now i only ever listened to about 10 mins of her much ever, ugh, horrible accent, its not even that its the way she acts, i dont know just drives me mad that accent and saying irish isms with it, reminds me of american/canadian tourists in temple bar trying to be down with being half irish or something, you could just imagine her sipping a big pint of guinness, on paddys day with a stupid green hat on, saying im having the crack! no really cant stand her. shes all into working mom shiite now too on radio, doing the tom dunne crap from 10 years ago going on about the kids at home last night bla bla

mcbert wrote: »

Gnaaaaaarrrrrrrrrllllll.

Dickie10 wrote: »
    yes yes yes Alison Curtis,the radio is nearly bet in the jeep keeps hopping to today fm one day there, i heard her, now i only ever listened to about 10 mins of her much ever, ugh, horrible accent, its not even that its the way she acts, i dont know just drives me mad that accent and saying irish isms with it, reminds me of american/canadian tourists in temple bar trying to be down with being half irish or something, you could just imagine her sipping a big pint of guinness, on paddys day with a stupid green hat on, saying im having the crack! no really cant stand her. shes all into working mom shiite now too on radio, doing the tom dunne crap from 10 years ago going on about the kids at home last night bla bla

Ever hear of paragraphs ....or do you actually prefer the WALL of fcukin print ?

Or are you too fcukin lazy to present your post properly ?

Sorry for being so blunt ...but it really boils my p1ss...

Steady on-keep things civil.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭ Milena Fluffy Stretcher

Oops! wrote: »
    Alison Curtis.... I'll never understand how she got the Today FM gig.

she was alright when she was doing the evening dj, playing indie/off the radar stuff on the radio(before they watered today fm down) , she had a kid and went all "supermum" and im the only one whose ever had a kid routine on today fm,....she's so painful though when she covers Dempsey's show or D&D show as most of her questions lead to "do you have kids" and her accent can be grating (as she is on more of a talk programme than a presenting)

she was alright when she was doing the evening dj, playing indie/off the radar stuff on the radio(before they watered today fm down) , she had a kid and went all "supermum" and im the only one whose ever had a kid routine on today fm,....she's so painful though when she covers Dempsey's show or D&D show as most of her questions lead to "do you have kids" and her accent can be grating (as she is on more of a talk programme than a presenting)

There's some weird 'supermum' thing that happens when people become parents.
    I mean, in the media... It's like NOBODY ever had a kid before they did.

It's painful.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

There's some weird 'supermum' thing that happens when people become parents.
    I mean, in the media... It's like NOBODY ever had a kid before they did.

It's painful.

Completely agree with this.

There was one girl on Instagram who as soon as she became a mother for the first time starting writing parenting tips blog.

She used to start with in my years of experience of being a mother... her child wasn't even one yet. She counted the pregnancy time as experience of being a mother, she also took part in a panel where new mothers paid to come see her and others like her give their expertise.

Some of the people attending had more children than her so I'm not sure how she was so experienced.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Loughc wrote: »

There was one girl on Instagram who as soon as she became a mother for the first time starting writing parenting tips blog.

She used to start with in my years of experience of being a mother... her child wasn't even one yet. She counted the pregnancy time as experience of being a mother, she also took part in a panel where new mothers paid to come see her and others like her give their expertise.

Some of the people attending had more children than her so I'm not sure how she was so experienced.

Talk about fools and their money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭ Milena Fluffy Stretcher

Loughc wrote: »

is she from Cork? and her first name begins with L...ive a strong idea who that is...

Never forget, Bristol Palin (Sarah Palin's kid) was going around teaching kids about abstinence. While carrying around her kid with her 'as a warning', as she herself got pregnant at 17.

Then she got pregnant again. Different father. And he was already married.

You can't cure dumb.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,472 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Never forget, Bristol Palin (Sarah Palin's kid) was going around teaching kids about abstinence. While carrying around her kid with her 'as a warning', as she herself got pregnant at 17.

Then she got pregnant again. Different father. And he was already married.

You can't cure dumb.

Fond of knob too, it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭jack747

Des Cahill. Always thought he was a brown noser who always goes with the popular opinion. Don’t follow him on my twitter feed but he always appears with the most cringiest of tweets . He’s like an Irish James cordon

• Registered Users Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Agreed. I am amazed at that story.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

jack747 wrote: »
    Des Cahill. Always thought he was a brown noser who always goes with the popular opinion. Don’t follow him on my twitter feed but he always appears with the most cringiest of tweets . He’s like an Irish James cordon

Des hates Manchester United, so at least the ball is in his court.

He does like to dye his hair though. And play the one of the lads thing a bit too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Calypso Realm

js35 wrote: »
    RTÉ weather girl Jean Byrne cannot stand listening to all the clicking as she speaks

Clicking? I've listened to lots of her broadcasts and never noticed any 'clicking'.

Always very distinct and clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭moonage

A pandemic doesn't necessarily have to be global.

For example, there could be an African pandemic or a South American pandemic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

is she from Cork? and her first name begins with L...ive a strong idea who that is...

So have I and that one is a complete twat, kinda tragic that so many worship at her altar.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

js35 wrote: »
    RTÉ weather girl Jean Byrne cannot stand listening to all the clicking as she speaks

Can she speak Xhosa as well? There's no end to the woman's talents.

Advertisement