Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is someone you inexplicably can't stand?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Trekker09 wrote: »
    Jurgen Klopp

Very understandable. Actually the constant smiling and positivity is a form of emphasised politeness in parts of Germany. I have forgotten its' terminology but it is a deliberate trait and is used as a " polite " form of communication. He is actually exercising " manners ", it is completely put on for dealing with the press, media etc.

I just would like to add that I phucking hate soccer, but I do follow the politics of it as I find it intriguing and I enjoy the human experiment of giving scumbag scotes like John Terry, Ryan Giggs or Joseph Barton lots of money and seeing what happens.

Irish people who support English soccer teams really confuse me, I grimmace a little when I encounter it. It saddens me actually when I witness people wasting their precious time following a gang of overpaid chunts kicking a soccer ball around a 50 inch screen in the corner of a room.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Frogeye

Very competent commentator for me.

What’s your beef with the lad?

I can't stand listening to him either

Heard Ger Canning say the following during a football match where a corner forward kicked a wide. Cant recall the game or the player ...just the comment..the crass stupidity of the comment overshadowed all other memories of the game ...

" Ohh just wide by X, he'll view that as a miss"

Frogeye

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

John waters

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Alison Hammond

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

Alison Hammond

Agree- the giggles and shrieking is unpleasant to watch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Agree- the giggles and shrieking is unpleasant to watch.
    And never shutting up about all her celebrity friends :rolleyes: Total namedropper.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,472 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Frogeye wrote: »
    I can't stand listening to him either

Heard Ger Canning say the following during a football match where a corner forward kicked a wide. Cant recall the game or the player ...just the comment..the crass stupidity of the comment overshadowed all other memories of the game ...

" Ohh just wide by X, he'll view that as a miss"

Frogeye

Bollox...

Perfectly understandable...

The lad will feel he should have scored there.........

You need to think a little bit there Frog..... listening to that tool Kerr too much?

Open your mind ,dude.

Let the sunlight in....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭alaimacerc

John waters

That's not merely explicable, that's essential mental hygiene.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Sandy Toksvig

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭ Milena Fluffy Stretcher

Alex Scott - is it mandatory that she has to be on every time on Sky/BBC has soccer coverage - why is she getting on everything when her level is equivelent to a teenage boys soccer level

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Alex Scott - is it mandatory that she has to be on every time on Sky/BBC has soccer coverage - why is she getting on everything when her level is equivelent to a teenage boys soccer level

She is female, she is a person of colour. She ticks 2 ‘diversity boxes’.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,746 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

She’d run rings around you, sunshine.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Trekker09

She is female, she is a person of colour. She ticks 2 ‘diversity boxes’.

So being an ex pro with over 140 international appearances counts for nothing?

cheers woke hog oh sorry, Johnny Flash or which ever one you are today

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I wonder would she actually? It’s been shown that the best team in the world, the US National Women’s Team, can’t get the job done against U15’s schoolboy teams.

U15 Dallas Boys beat US Women’s National team

Seemingly not a one off, either. Australia’s ladies suffered a 7-0 hiding to a team of 15 year olds too.

Matildas lose to team of 15 year old boys

Omackeral wrote: »
    I wonder would she actually? It’s been shown that the best team in the world, the US National Women’s Team, can’t get the job done against U15’s schoolboy teams.

Seemingly not a one off, either. Australia’s ladies suffered a 7-0 hiding to a team of 15 year olds too.

Shush, him or one of his 4 alt accounts will call you an "angry man" or some ****e like he comes out with

And I’ve no doubt a team of, fit, 15 year olds would run rings around a team of flabby, out of shape, Internet “heroes” just the same.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Don’t bring facts or proof into the discussion. Feelings are what count here.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

And I’ve no doubt a team of, fit, 15 year olds would run rings around a team of flabby, out of shape, Internet “heroes” just the same.

Question. Do you include yourself in the above ''description'' or is it just everyone else?

Don’t bring facts or proof into the discussion. Feelings are what count here.

What has that to do with her suitability to be a presenter/pundit? She's played at the highest level, she knows what she's talking about. The real shock for me is how Carragher manages to keep his job! Worst pundit out there IMO, and an utter scumbag along with it.

• Advertisement

What has that to do with her suitability to be a presenter/pundit? She's played at the highest level, she knows what she's talking about. The real shock for me is how Carragher manages to keep his job! Worst pundit out there IMO, and an utter scumbag along with it.

Don't make me laugh please.:pac::pac:

Although I agree on Carragher, he really is trash.

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Don't make me laugh please.:pac::pac:

Although I agree on Carragher, he really is trash.

140 performance for England, over 200 club appearances, mostly for Arsenal. Nahh, you're right, no football pedigree at all :D

Question. Do you include yourself in the above ''description'' or is it just everyone else?

Me? God no. I’ve kept myself in, pretty, decent shape since “hanging up” my boots. Sporting one of those, much sought after, “dad bods”. You know the ones that all the ladies like so much.

Still though, you wouldn’t see me pretending I’ve got a better “understanding” of the game than, say, Niamh Briggs or making out like I’d have a chance against Alex Scott in a game of “3 and In”.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Amanda Holden, never forgave her for dumping Les Denis and getting a new jockey.

not yet wrote: »
    Amanda Holden, never forgave her for dumping Les Denis and getting a new jockey.

Never understood the hatred meself, you cannot be a red blooded heterosexual male btw, or any or otherwise. I think she is one of the sexiest babes on the telly, love her.

8307455463c4363fe827e1deb1470121--amanda-holden-blonde-color.jpgce27436f48422f5d684ced35cfbb39f7.jpg

Comparing 2 kickabout friendlies is hardly a convincing argument:D Even the articles you quoted both say that both the US and Australian teams were informal and both teams were just using them as practice. You'd hardly expect them to give anywhere near 100% with crucial games coming up.

Never understood the hatred meself, you cannot be a red blooded heterosexual male btw, or any or otherwise. I think she is one of the sexiest babes on the telly, love her.

8307455463c4363fe827e1deb1470121--amanda-holden-blonde-color.jpgce27436f48422f5d684ced35cfbb39f7.jpg

....and that laugh!!! Yes please ;)

Comparing 2 kickabout friendlies is hardly a convincing argument:D Even the articles you quoted both say that both the US and Australian teams were informal and both teams were just using them as practice. You'd hardly expect them to give anywhere near 100% with crucial games coming up.

I am nailing my opine to the cross ( bar ) here, womens' soccer is brutally crap and basically patronising to all those involved. It is only on the telly becuase of some woke programme planners at the BBC who brain-waved that given their live broadcast budget was annihilated by the powers that be that it would give them the opportunity to press the millennial woke button and fill up airtime. No one is taking it seriously or ever will, not even women.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

She's a self centred kunt who would sell her granny for fame.

• Advertisement

not yet wrote: »
    She's a self centred kunt who would sell her granny for fame.

I can't disagree, but that level of ambition kind of turns me on. Gotta love it.

Advertisement