Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is someone you inexplicably can't stand?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Trekker09 wrote: »
    Comparing 2 kickabout friendlies is hardly a convincing argument:D Even the articles you quoted both say that both the US and Australian teams were informal and both teams were just using them as practice. You'd hardly expect them to give anywhere near 100% with crucial games coming up.

Best team in the world should be beating kids though? No. Like losing 7-0 is an absolute hammering. They have to be friendlies anyway because the women can't play the men competitively. Well actually, they could historically but they're seldom good enough to ever make it. It translates to tennis and the Battle of the Sexes. Even look at non-physical sport like snooker, women just can't compete with men.

Not taking anything away from the ''fairer sex'', just saying the sports are seperate for a reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    I can't disagree, but that level of ambition kind of turns me on. Gotta love it.

Ha Ha, I wouldn't say no though.

I am nailing my opine to the cross ( bar ) here, womens' soccer is brutally crap and basically patronising to all those involved. It is only on the telly becuase of some woke programme planners at the BBC who brain-waved that given their live broadcast budget was annihilated by the powers that be that it would give them the opportunity to press the millennial woke button and fill up airtime. No one is taking it seriously or ever will, not even women.

Wouldn't go as harshly as you did here. I enjoyed the last World Cup. The keepers are absolutely horrendous though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Trekker09

I am nailing my opine to the cross ( bar ) here, womens' soccer is brutally crap and basically patronising to all those involved. It is only on the telly becuase of some woke programme planners at the BBC who brain-waved that given their live broadcast budget was annihilated by the powers that be that it would give them the opportunity to press the millennial woke button and fill up airtime. No one is taking it seriously or ever will, not even women.
    I don't agree. It's getting a lot more popular and attracting major sponsors. The game is improving rapidly as it gets more professional. It still has a good way to go, but it's definitely heading (intentional pun) in the right direction. If there was no appetite from joe public then the major sponsors wouldn't be investing.

Omackeral wrote: »
    Best team in the world should be beating kids though? No. Like losing 7-0 is an absolute hammering. They have to be friendlies anyway because the women can't play the men competitively. Well actually, they could historically but they're seldom good enough to ever make it. It translates to tennis and the Battle of the Sexes. Even look at non-physical sport like snooker, women just can't compete with men.

Not taking anything away from the ''fairer sex'', just saying the sports are seperate for a reason.

Oh dear :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

If there was no appetite from joe public then the major sponsors wouldn't be investing.

Joanne public should give it more of a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

I disagree. The Women's World Cup was enjoyable with some good inventive play particularly by the French.

There was more skill and imagination shown by them than by the Irish Men's National Team for example.

There is a wider gulf between countries in the Women's game but the Countries at the top don't seem to have had the football coached out of them like in the men's game.

I find watching Ireland(men's team) a joyless spiritless experience. They all play like they came off a production line of bland robotic footballers. There's a lot of noise around the men's team but little substance.

They also seem to play at the same speed as Jeff Hendrick speaks.

I got more enjoyment from the Women's World games than any of the Nation's league ****e that occured last weekend.

not yet wrote: »
    Ha Ha, I wouldn't say no though.

I'd say she would though, especially after your original comment :D

Oh dear :rolleyes:

Fantastic points, all well made. Well done. Dispute any of what was said. Good lad.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Wouldn't go as harshly as you did here. I enjoyed the last World Cup. The keepers are absolutely horrendous though.

I only watched it for the talent... and you know what I am talking about.

I don't get it.

They should stick to beach volley ball and Wimbledon, just saying. The shin-pads look weird.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭amacca

Probably been said already but

Cristiano Ronaldo.....doesnt matter about the poor upbringing, overcoming adversity, charity work, be8ng an incredible athlete and his record 8n the game speak8ng for itself etc etc

I just dont like him, dont much like Messi either

Not to turn this into a football thread but maradona, maldini, baresi, fat Ronaldo, rivaldo, zidane, roberto carlos, raul, salgado, zanetti etc etc id put them all before him

I only watched it for the talent... and you know what I am talking about.

I don't get it.

They should stick to beach volley ball and Wimbledon, just saying. The shin-pads look weird.

Says more about you tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

I'd say she would though, especially after your original comment :D

She's the type who would stride over the body of a dying child if it led to another career move.

Says more about you tbh.

That is not a crime either. Guilt shaming won't wash here either, could give a phuck.

Beach Volley Ball is an excellent sport, try it some time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Never understood the hatred meself, you cannot be a red blooded heterosexual male btw, or any or otherwise. I think she is one of the sexiest babes on the telly, love her.

8307455463c4363fe827e1deb1470121--amanda-holden-blonde-color.jpgce27436f48422f5d684ced35cfbb39f7.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/zGWFL8t.gif

That is not a crime either. Guilt shaming won't wash here either, could give a phuck.

Beach Volley Ball is an excellent sport, try it some time.

Just think it's a poor outlook. What if your daughter wanted to play football? Would you tell her just play beach volley ball?

Fantastic points, all well made. Well done. Dispute any of what was said. Good lad.
    I really don't need to :D

In a lot of countries, women aren't allowed to play on mens teams, even if they are good enough. Holland are trying it this year:

https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2020/0804/1157274-dutch-fa-allow-female-footballer-to-play-for-mens-team/#:~:text=Dutch%20FA%20allows%20female%20footballer,part%20of%20new%20pilot%20scheme&text=The%20Dutch%20football%20association%20has,of%20a%20landmark%20pilot%20scheme.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Howitzer the 5th

Darren Frehill
    He harmless but a Total incompetent with sports results or reports.. Gets almost every fact, result or latest score wrong. Theres a whole thread devoted to him on thefreekick which is worth the hasle if signing up on its own. It's not my thread by the way. He's also one of those people who gets amazed at everything.

He's representative of RTÉ's radio/TV sports output generally. While he comes across as cheery, friendly and interested, its the poor knowledge of sport and general indifference to detail that annoys me. He and Jacqui Hurley are dreadful hosts for a radio sports show. Poor diction, grammar, incoherence, mispronounciation, and ultimately an abyss of any strong grasp of sport, be it knowledge or understanding, tactical acumen, factual detail, past results or comparative illustration. Yes he's also 'amazed' by next to nothing and its purely vapid kissarsery that has helped him assume his position.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,541 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Amanda Holden, never forgave her for dumping Les Denis and getting a new jockey.

Poor fella ended up marrying Gail Platt!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Amanda Holden, never forgave her for dumping Les Denis and getting a new jockey.

She was miles out of his league

• Advertisement

In a lot of countries, women aren't allowed to play on mens teams, even if they are good enough.

They never made it because men and women are physically different. It just doesn't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

He's representative of RTÉ's radio/TV sports output generally. While he comes across as cheery, friendly and interested, its the poor knowledge of sport and general indifference to detail that annoys me. He and Jacqui Hurley are dreadful hosts for a radio sports show. Poor diction, grammar, incoherence, mispronounciation, and ultimately an abyss of any strong grasp of sport, be it knowledge or understanding, tactical acumen, factual detail, past results or comparative illustration. Yes he's also 'amazed' by next to nothing and its purely vapid kissarsery that has helped him assume his position.

Hurley is atrocious on everything

Just think it's a poor outlook. What if your daughter wanted to play football? Would you tell her just play beach volley ball?

They are all someone's daughter pal, get used to it.

Not everything sexual is sinister either, get over it.

Don't bring guilt trips into it either, you know deep down that womens' soccer is a shambles, mens' is just as bad, but at least I am watching the top of the game ( always under duress it is such a shight sport ) and yes I prefer beach volley ball to mens' soccer also, just saying.

They are all someone's daughter pal, get used to it.

Not everything sexual is sinister either, get over it.

Don't bring guilt trips into it either, you know deep down that womens' soccer is a shambles, mens' is just as bad, but at least I am watching the top of the game ( always under duress it is such a shight sport ) and yes I prefer beach volley ball to mens' soccer also, just saying.

Sound. Your username is very apt anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭Liamo57

Terry Prone and her baboons abortion of a son.....can't think of his name, with his sincere as a prostitutes kiss of a laugh and his whole manner. What a prize budgeen.

They never made it because men and women are physically different. It just doesn't work.

It hasn't worked because it hasn't really been tried, hence the Dutch initiative.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Are you not a Bohs supporter - perhaps the most insufferable club in the world? Thought all you lads are mad into the whole woke thing, everyone is equal, stamp out sexism sort of stuff.

Are you not a Bohs supporter - perhaps the most insufferable club in the world? Thought all you lads are mad into the whole woke thing, everyone is equal, stamp out sexism sort of stuff.

I'd say a few Nazi or openly racist clubs are a tad worse. I haven't said anything sexist btw, quite the opposite if you care to read back.

Dude.

It hasn't worked because it hasn't really been tried, hence the Dutch initiative.

It doesn't work because women are physically weaker than men. That's really what it boils down to. Even look at sprinting or athletics. Men's times are always miles better. It's just biology. It's not an agenda.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,746 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Comparing women’s soccer with men’s is a bit “redundant”. One is, for the most part, amateur while the other has had over a hundred years and billions pumped into it.

May as well compare the League of Ireland with the Premiership, you’re not going to have the same “standard” with all that money behind it.

Having said that, I do enjoy women’s rugby as the “fundamentals” are similar enough and the principles are the same. I forgive the amount of handling errors, and other “mistakes”, because it’s a, largely, amateur sport.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

Advertisement