Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is someone you inexplicably can't stand?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Trekker09

Omackeral wrote: »
    It doesn't work because women are physically weaker than men. That's really what it boils down to. Even look at sprinting or athletics. Men's times are always miles better. It's just biology. It's not an agenda.

If it was as simple as that then the Dutch wouldn't be trying it out would they? I agree that in track and field sports the gap is there. The gap did close for a while but many suspect that this was down to doping and that when Eastern Europe opened the testing put a halt to that. But in football I'd disagree. Are you 100% sure that there are no women players that are not as skillful or as fast as any of the professional male players?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Having said that, I do enjoy women’s rugby as the “fundamentals” are similar enough and the principles are the same. I forgive the amount of handling errors, and other “mistakes”, because it’s a, largely, amateur sport.

Women's rugby is just as bad, but having spent an evening drinking with the Irish Women's rugby team ( who are all someone's daughters btw ) I can attest to them being great craic and up for a laugh. Not unlike the Irish women's hockey team.

Without "googling it" I would be highly surprised if someone could name me one member of each women's squad? I know well nobody will be able to. ( I am including the womens' soccer team here O'Mackeral and as bad as watching the English team is they are 10 times as crap.)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Trekker09 wrote: »
    Are you 100% sure that there are no women players that are not as skillful or as fast as any of the professional male players?

Yes. You'll never see a woman in the Premier League on merit. Ever. Or even the Championship. Or League of Ireland. It's simply not compatible. I'm not saying the women's game isn't important. I'm saying it's different.

Yes. You'll never see a woman in the Premier League on merit. Ever. Or even the Championship. Or League of Ireland. It's simply not compatible. I'm not saying the women's game isn't important. I'm saying it's different.

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/stephanie-labbe-soccer

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Howitzer the 5th

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    Hurley is atrocious on everything

From her 'Arrrrrrrrrr teeee eeeeee' sign in to her thank god that sh*te is over sign off, she loads her shows with a vocal and verbal diarrhoea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

From her 'Arrrrrrrrrr teeee eeeeee' sign in to her thank god that sh*te is over sign off, she loads her shows with a vocal and verbal diarrhoea.

in the words of homer simpson

"shes a heifer , plain and simple"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

This Girl has more skill than most. Where she loses out is in physical power.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eug%C3%A9nie_Le_Sommer.

I would question whether Ireland has any truely skilful players atm. At best they are so so athletes with very basic skills.

The premier League has many skilful players. The problem is they are mainly at three or four clubs. Outside of the top 4 the standard is brutal.

The PL depends on skilful players from abroad. England is bereft of skilful players. Their best is Sterling but outside of him their players are like ours. A classic example is Rice. He's lauded in the press but is a donkey of very limited intelligence.

The media have a vested interest in talking up the PL and it's players but outside of a few examples the overall standard is poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Macdarack

Connor Mc Gregor. Oh wait I know why I can't stand him.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

David Walliams

• Registered Users Posts: 16,551 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    She was miles out of his league

She was but she wasn't too picky it seems when Neil Morrissey was the fella she picked for a shag on the side.

• Advertisement

She was but she wasn't too picky it seems when Neil Morrissey was the fella she picked for a shag on the side.

Seemingly a popular dude with the mammies.

32CBB02B00000578-3521241-image-a-11_1459676731221.jpg

Rachel Weiz

Niel%20Morrissey%20and%20Rachel%20Weisz

• Registered Users Posts: 44 little bit of help

Tom Hanks. Like his films, solid actor but something about him I don't like.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭jmlad2020

RTE's Caitriona Perry

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Tom Hanks. Like his films, solid actor but something about him I don't like.

I know, does he put on the ditsy thing, or is he genuine. I don't know.

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    I know, does he put on the ditsy thing, or is he genuine. I don't know.

I couldn't stand him, I've changed my mind after watching on Graham Norton a few times, seems genuine, same with Tom Cruise, couldn't abide him but again he seemed genuine with GN.

Anna Geary again, can't stand her, no real reason and feel bad as a woman but she seems totally fake to me.

I couldn't stand him, I've changed my mind after watching on Graham Norton a few times, seems genuine, same with Tom Cruise, couldn't abide him but again he seemed genuine with GN.

Anna Geary again, can't stand her, no real reason and feel bad as a woman but she seems totally fake to me.

My wife is the same re Anna Geary, she can't put her finger on why she doesn't like her but she too says she's fake. For that reason alone I've chosen to really like her :D

Trekker09 wrote: »
    My wife is the same re Anna Geary, she can't put her finger on why she doesn't like her but she too says she's fake. For that reason alone I've chosen to really like her :D

Lol..you're now on my list Trekker. I think it's a woman thing, we just know.

Lol..you're now on my list Trekker. I think it's a woman thing, we just know.

Ah well, at least I'll always have Anna :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭maebee

Johnny Logan. Love his voice but hate how much he loves himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Davidious

Bono

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Hazel chu

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

your not the only one with anna geary I know a girl who playing hurling with her , reckons she is a awful cee you next Tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

You're not alone re Anna Geary. Not a nice person by all accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Hazel chu

I heard your racist now Father.

Brian O'Donovan, actually it is his accent and petty Trump bashing that gets me the most. Also anyone wearing tanned brogues with a navy suit deserves severe beatings at the very least, disgraceful behaviour. Posh Corkonians give me the heebie jeebies at the end of the day. As a journalist and a person he is unparalleled ( except for the constant Trump sneering, be objective pwease Bwyan )

%2Fmethode%2Fsundaytimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2F2745ce92-7b20-11ea-850e-8afb79ccdc9a.jpg?crop=2250%2C1266%2C0%2C117&resize=1180

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

James Franco

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭4Ad

Tom Malone, does sport on Todayfm and maybe Newstalk, the Ya accent goes through me..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

Simon Coveney.

I just get the feeling he's involved in some greasy Illuminati-type sex jiggery-pokery.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Know I'm going to be hated for this but I am starting to find Vicki Phelan a bit dislikeable, I appreciate that she's been dealt a bad hand but it seems she's asked an opinion on everything these days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Know I'm going to be hated for this but I am starting to find Vicki Phelan a bit dislikeable, I appreciate that she's been dealt a bad hand but it seems she's asked an opinion on everything these days.

That is very harsh, but what I will say is that RTE are very condescending in their dealings with her, they are always saying Vicky is very brave, and while she is, id say she would have preferred a quiet family life, without the horrendous result she got, and that her case is a sad reflection of the methods used by the health service in the use of laboratories for smear test results. Poor Vicky was only a Guinea pig in the process, and all the airtime she gets won't change her diagnosis, so it's not Vicky at fault at all, but it is the media who walk on eggshells around her. Terminal illness is a horrible thing for all associated with it, and the real sadness is that her kids will grow up without a mother, but fair play to her, she is strong, and is dealing with an unbelievable tragedy the best way she can.

Advertisement