Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is someone you inexplicably can't stand?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,327 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Can't stand her. On her programme with Daithi she will constantly speak a cupla focail after Daithi does. Everytime. Muppet. Her husband is another tosser.

On another note when Sinead Kennedy does the show i find myself liking her more and more. Great laugh and personality

I think its cos if you annoy Sinead, she won't hide it. It's actually kind of refreshing.

Doesn't take herself too seriously either. Takes the job serious, doesn't take herself serious.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 The Northern Lights

A few people spring to mind. John McGuirk is a bit of a pain along with Una Mullally and Keith Mills.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

A few people spring to mind. John McGuirk is a bit of a pain along with Una Mullally and Keith Mills.

McGuirk is terribly smug and of course a West Brit of the highest order but conservative opinions are so rare in irish media , his must be welcome

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

Beyonce.

I seen a video of her years ago & it was the hubbies birthday & there were a few of them on a yacht I think. She gave a very over theatrical speech about how they met & how grateful she was, & there were some dry tears too. He was cringing beside her.
    & I was cringing watching it.
    I can't stand her voice now. I used to like her songs, but when I hear even a second of that voice now, it grates on me

• Registered Users Posts: 25,979 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Beyonce.

I seen a video of her years ago & it was the hubbies birthday & there were a few of them on a yacht I think. She gave a very over theatrical speech about how they met & how grateful she was, & there were some dry tears too. He was cringing beside her.
    I can't stand her voice now. I used to like her songs, but when I hear even a second of that voice now, it grates on me

If that annoys you wait till you see Kim Kardashians birthday present of a hologram of her dead father telling her how great her husband is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Ooohh... do tell. Love sum juicy gossip.

Dont want to give too much away to identify him but just that she was arrogant and condescending. I saw the interview she clearly hadn't a clue about the topic being discussed and didn't seem to care either.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Beyonce.

Never liked her , don't even find her that attractive, she's quite boring personality wise

No mega stars like Madonna anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    Never liked her , don't even find her that attractive, she's quite boring personality wise

No mega stars like Madonna anymore

They certainly broke the mold when they made Madonna.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭cms88

Beyonce.

One of the most manufactured ''artists'' out there and that's saying something because nowadays most of them are!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

John Snow ( the Channel 4 one )

• Advertisement

breezy1985 wrote: »
    If that annoys you wait till you see Kim Kardashians birthday present of a hologram of her dead father telling her how great her husband is

Tbf, the Kardashian's have always been annoying. Not even inexplicable.

Tho, I will admit, if Kendall Jenner offered....can't say I'd turn her down.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,427 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Tho, I will admit, if Kendall Jenner offered....can't say I'd turn her down.

It was Kanye who got her the hologram for her birthday. There is nothing inexplicable about disliking Kanye.

It was Kanye who got her the hologram for her birthday. There is nothing inexplicable about disliking Kanye.

Ha true

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Beyonce.

And her big twerp of a husband.

he cheated on her and then put out a weak public apology to her where he didn't actually apologise at all.
    basically said it wasn't his fault blame it on his being famous so girls try it on with him. Thought that he was great for holding out as long as he did.

She's an even bigger dope for taking him back- feminist my arse :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Condaleeza Rice

Ah stop. That was brilliant! But for all the wrong reason's. Best tv moment of 2020

• Registered Users Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

he cheated on her and then put out a weak public apology to her where he didn't actually apologise at all.
    basically said it wasn't his fault blame it on his being famous so girls try it on with him. Thought that he was great for holding out as long as he did.

The fact that hes a billionaire probably helps. She certainly didn't marry him for his looks.

On that note, I clearly didn't know what inexplicably was when I was giving out about Beyonce.

So I INEXPLICABLY can't stand Colin Farrell. Could never figure out what it was about him but I wouldn't even watch anything with him in it. Then I read somewhere that he said he doesn't want to ever settle down & get married. He's got two kids with two different women so that gave me some sort of a reason to have something against him.
    He's awful, trying to go for the Hollywood look, when he just looks like a skinny greasy haired creep. Smoke hanging out of his face & he looks dehydrated. The thoughts of him leaning in for a kiss :eek:

I struggle to hold it against someone for staying in a relationship after they have been cheated on when they are either married, or especially if they have kids together. You never fully know (rightly so) what goes on in another person's relationship.

But imagine building your whole career on being a strong 'independent woman' & then laying down & letting someone roll over you :pac: gob****e. If she didn't annoy me so much, I'd be interested to know what kind of lyrics she's busted out since then.

On that note, I clearly didn't know what inexplicably was when I was giving out about Beyonce.

So I INEXPLICABLY can't stand Colin Farrell. Could never figure out what it was about him but I wouldn't even watch anything with him in it. Then I read somewhere that he said he doesn't want to ever settle down & get married. He's got two kids with two different women so that gave me some sort of a reason to have something against him.
    He's awful, trying to go for the Hollywood look, when he just looks like a skinny greasy haired creep. Smoke hanging out of his face & he looks dehydrated. The thoughts of him leaning in for a kiss :eek:

Colin Murphy once summed up Farrell as 'He's just Patrick Bergin, waiting to happen'... as in heading for the same s**t material Bergin often ends up in.
    He also seems like a humourless prat.

He's also admitted to being drunk/ hungover during much of the filming of Minority Report. (What kind of idiot tries to ruin his reputation from the get go by being wasted on a Stephen Spielberg set?)

I despise Farrell because the s***e he spouts was treated as gospel for a long time by Irish media (and he was treated like an Irish DeNiro-some luck).
    I'm not a feminist, I'm egalitarian- but when the dude said stuff like 'I'd never even seen a vagina before coming to America' implying that Irish women were 'hairy' down there... Even I took a step back. I genuinely just thought 'Wow-you're an a***ole'.
    Rather than the magazine (I think it was TV Now) being like 'Colin's a jerk' they instead did the 'Okay ladies-here's how to wax, and the best wax products'.

There's also other stupid stuff he's done, such as saying how he 'couldn't master the Irish accent' for Ondine. (A boring film, only known for Colin knocking up the young lead actress who played the mermaid, making her his baby mama number 2). Colin-you're Irish... you telling me you can't play Irish? (His accent in that movie is genuinely 'wth is that?')

Damn... his name genuinely sets off a rant from me.

• Advertisement

Colin Murphy once summed up Farrell as 'He's just Patrick Bergin, waiting to happen'... as in heading for the same s**t material Bergin often ends up in.
    He also seems like a humourless prat.

He's also admitted to being drunk/ hungover during much of the filming of Minority Report. (What kind of idiot tries to ruin his reputation from the get go by being wasted on a Stephen Spielberg set?)

I despise Farrell because the s***e he spouts was treated as gospel for a long time by Irish media (and he was treated like an Irish DeNiro-some luck).
    I'm not a feminist, I'm egalitarian- but when the dude said stuff like 'I'd never even seen a vagina before coming to America' implying that Irish women were 'hairy' down there... Even I took a step back. I genuinely just thought 'Wow-you're an a***ole'.
    Rather than the magazine (I think it was TV Now) being like 'Colin's a jerk' they instead did the 'Okay ladies-here's how to wax, and the best wax products'.

There's also other stupid stuff he's done, such as saying how he 'couldn't master the Irish accent' for Ondine. (A boring film, only known for Colin knocking up the young lead actress who played the mermaid, making her his baby mama number 2). Colin-you're Irish... you telling me you can't play Irish? (His accent in that movie is genuinely 'wth is that?')

Damn... his name genuinely sets off a rant from me.

1: trying to play the bad boy

2: I would have just taken that as him meaning he had no luck with women before being famous in America, no? Nothing to do with them being hairy.
    As in, noone in Ireland would touch me because I'm a greasy haired creep.

3: he wants to be a bachelor but doesn't want to wear a jonny :rolleyes:

1: trying to play the bad boy

2: I would have just taken that as him meaning he had no luck with women before being famous in America, no? Nothing to do with them being hairy.
    As in, noone in Ireland would touch me because I'm a greasy haired creep.

3: he wants to be a bachelor but doesn't want to wear a jonny :rolleyes:

Castleknock boy playing the North Dub in an attempt to be Ireland's Danny Dyer

Castleknock boy playing the North Dub in an attempt to be Ireland's Danny Dyer

Oh Danny Dyer... an absolute prat behind the scenes, from any actor I've heard discuss him.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,541 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

A TD with the Social Democrats called Holly Cairns.
    She’s always voting against stuff or has some point to make and then goes home to her FF boyfriend who’s party she always has issues with .

She’s always voting against stuff or has some point to make and then goes home to her FF boyfriend who’s party she always has issues with .

What about the boyfriend who goes home to the SD missus

What about the boyfriend who goes home to the SD missus

He’s not the one whining all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭cms88

Also don't forget she's always right and anyone who questions her is wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Recliner

Just saw a promo for their show and I'm sure they've been mentioned already but Daithi and Maura. Actually wanted to throw something at the television.
    She strikes me as such a total fake.
    And he's just a gombeen.

Literally only heard of her because she was complaining that someone called her a name.

Who was it that said ''When did 'Sticks and stone's may break my bones, but words will never hurt me' stop applying?''

It's words... she wants more publicity for a tweet than for doing anything worth recognising.

• Advertisement

Recliner wrote: »
    Just saw a promo for their show and I'm sure they've been mentioned already but Daithi and Maura. Actually wanted to throw something at the television.
    She strikes me as such a total fake.
    And he's just a gombeen.

Apparently she’s meant to nice enough to hotel staff from what I’m told.

Advertisement