Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is someone you inexplicably can't stand?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

Apparently she’s meant to nice enough to hotel staff from what I’m told.

I think you are saying she not meant to be nice to hotel staff...yeah i heard that too...

• Registered Users Posts: 30,541 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

DellyBelly wrote: »
    I think you are saying she not meant to be nice to hotel staff...yeah i heard that too...

From what I heard she was nice to the staff to be honest. She’d only complain if their was an issue ie she ordered chicken and was given beef.
    She’s meant to have settled down a lot since she had the kid.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

From what I heard she was nice to the staff to be honest. She’d only complain if their was an issue ie she ordered chicken and was given beef.
    She’s meant to have settled down a lot since she had the kid.

Okay I heard different, she ordered salmon but got cod and kicked up a massive fuss. But maybe it was in the same place and this happened after the example you gave where she got beef instead of chicken. I can understand why she might have been a bit tetchy

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭JeffreyEpspeen

David Mitchell from Mitchell and Webb.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Would it kill people to say in a few words why they cant stand said person, rather than just listing their names?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

Richard Ayoade, seen him in several things including The Travel Man of late which is neither informative nor funny. How do people like him manage to get so far?

Oh and while I'm at it, James Patrice, why do the powers that be think that poncy (note to mods I've been ticked off for using that word before as "homophobic" but I'm gay myself) gay men are so marketable? Again, not funny or remotely intelligent.

Let's see how long this will stay posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,887 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Recliner wrote: »
    Just saw a promo for their show and I'm sure they've been mentioned already but Daithi and Maura. Actually wanted to throw something at the television.
    She strikes me as such a total fake.
    And he's just a gombeen.

Ah, Daithi seems grand. That's a rarity when talking about people in RTE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

Recliner wrote: »
    Just saw a promo for their show and I'm sure they've been mentioned already but Daithi and Maura. Actually wanted to throw something at the television.
    She strikes me as such a total fake.
    And he's just a gombeen.

I don't mind Daithí but as we say in Cork " She do love herself" for the longest time she feigned not having any Irish even though she comes from the Aran Islands, thinking she was better than the hoi polloi but Daithí insists on using Irish with her. I'd say she's no Nigella in the kitchen judging from her comments on food slots.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,472 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

That grey haired tool in the COVID-19 ad.

Head on him asking for a tip of a steel - toe

• Registered Users Posts: 10,746 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Would it kill people to say in a few words why they cant stand said person, rather than just listing their names?

Because then it would “explicable”.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Rothko wrote: »
    Ah, Daithi seems grand. That's a rarity when talking about people in RTE.

He makes me cringe. He's every bit as fake as she is and she always wears an expression like shes just sniffed a fart.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Catherine martin. Green party. She gave out Grant's to millionaires with enormous homes fancy cars and thriving buisnesses. She completely ignored struggling musicians who have not worked since 12th March. Look up the recipitants of you dint believe me. Complete disgrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭tdf7187

Most of the people posters are nominating are fully deserving of the "I can't stand him/her" moniker. Nothing inexplicable about it, if you as me.

I would chose Tom Hanks. I seem to be in the minority on this but I've always found him to be too...nice. George Clooney, that's another one. Virtue signalling c***. I would love if some really bad stories came out about the pair of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Mathew Mc Connaghey

Everything he says is so overly intense its uncomfortable. And he just goes on and on. Its like your dad at the end of a wedding when he starts thinking he is having this really deep conversation with you ...and you just want to go home.

Not everything can be so deep! You need a break!

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Recliner

Sardonicat wrote: »
    He makes me cringe. He's every bit as fake as she is and she always wears an expression like shes just sniffed a fart.

Perfect description of her.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,327 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

John Mullaney, the comedian.

There's something... almost robotic about him. As a writer, he's written some funny material.

But his standup... I don't know what it is. But he makes the material unfunny.

Like... any other comedian, I'd be laughing throughout his material.

But as a comedian, he's got no personality.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

tdf7187 wrote: »
    Most of the people posters are nominating are fully deserving of the "I can't stand him/her" moniker. Nothing inexplicable about it, if you as me.

I would chose Tom Hanks. I seem to be in the minority on this but I've always found him to be too...nice. George Clooney, that's another one. Virtue signalling c***. I would love if some really bad stories came out about the pair of them.
    I don't like Clooney.

Tom Hanks ..i don't have feelings about either way tbh. I neither like or dislike him ..he is like water.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Joe Don Dante

Pascal Sheehey

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Pascal Sheehey

Love to go on a road trip with him, I love his accent.

I could listen to him all day, they should have more Munster Culchies on the box. Look at Creedon, what a pleasure that dude is.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭valoren

tdf7187 wrote: »

Good call on Hanks. He was on Graham Norton last year and was insufferably warbling on with an unfunny anecdote, almost switched channels. Any charisma he had is gone. Comes across as a curmudgeon in his latter years.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

valoren wrote: »
    Good call on Hanks. He was on Graham Norton last year and was insufferably warbling on with an unfunny anecdote, almost switched channels. Any charisma he had is gone. Comes across as a curmudgeon in his latter years.

And he collects typewriters - about as boring and unsexy as it comes!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

Mathew Mc Connaghey

Everything he says is so overly intense its uncomfortable. And he just goes on and on. Its like your dad at the end of a wedding when he starts thinking he is having this really deep conversation with you ...and you just want to go home.

He was an absolute ride back in the day! But his movies were a bit sh!te.

True Detective tough was in a league of its own, he was brilliant in that.
    Didn't expect it to be any use with him playing in it but he gave me a whole new appreciation for him after that show.

COLIN fücking FARRELL did the next series in True Detective, & that was me gone from the show! :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Gok Wan

He was an absolute ride back in the day! But his movies were a bit sh!te.

True Detective tough was in a league of its own, he was brilliant in that.
    Didn't expect it to be any use with him playing in it but he gave me a whole new appreciation for him after that show.

COLIN fücking FARRELL did the next series in True Detective, & that was me gone from the show! :mad:

He's also great in Dallas Buyers Club.

Good call on TD S2. It was horrible. Farrell was his usual s**t self, Vince Vaughan tried, but the material was bad (only one half of the creative team returned for Season 2, and it showed) and poor Rachel McAdams was wasted in the show. She had nothing to work with.

Season 3 is a markedly better improvement. Mahershala Ali and and Stephen Dorff are great in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,210 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

Mathew Mc Connaghey

Bono

Everything he says is so overly intense its uncomfortable. And he just goes on and on. Its like your dad at the end of a wedding when he starts thinking he is having this really deep conversation with you ...and you just want to go home. Not everything can be so deep man.
    You need a break!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Simon Coveney

• Registered Users Posts: 4,826 ✭✭✭griffin100

Stephen Fry.

Watched him on Graham Norton last week and he had to keep jumping in to tell his anecdotes that topped those told by other guests. Full of his own self importance.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Simon Coveney

If you think he's bad have a look at the brother, acts like a nineteenth century mill owner

griffin100 wrote: »
    Stephen Fry.

Watched him on Graham Norton last week and he had to keep jumping in to tell his anecdotes that topped those told by other guests. Full of his own self importance.

I can't stand him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭cms88

Katie Taylor
    Never been able to warm to her. Not quite sure why. I don't know if it's the hype around her or what. People will say she's a world champions etc, and obviously she is, but a bit of context is needed there as well.

She's very much like a female Bernard Dunne. Fights are carefully picked for both

Advertisement