Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is someone you inexplicably can't stand?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

anna080 wrote: »
    If you've a problem with posts just report them and stop derailing the thread.

In all fairness the thread has already been dreailed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭nhunter100

anna080 wrote:

Derailing the thread is the explaination people offer for the inexplicable dislike/hatred they have of people they don't know. I assumed your comment was directed at me, my bad if it wasn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,371 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

So that the spite can begin again. I don't think that my 'inexplicably' not liking posters who post hate on social media is derailing this particular thread.

Tell me, would you like this written on a public forum about your brother?

I. Cannot. Fcuking. Stand. Leo. Veruka. Vradker. That smug, wall-paper paste face, and that smarmy patronising voice. Apparantely, he's "a gay man" when it suits his political aims. Seriously like, how low can you go in whoring yourself for popularity?

How about if I rewrite it?

I. Cannot. Fcuking. Stand. John. Mud. Murphy. That smug, wall-paper paste face, and that smarmy patronising voice. Apparantely, he's "a gay man" when it suits his personal aims. Seriously like, how low can you go in whoring yourself for popularity?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

Jaysus lads can ye give it a rest so we can get back to our irrational disliking of total strangers.
    Thanks

So that the spite can begin again. I don't think that my 'inexplicably' not liking posters who post hate on social media is derailing this particular thread.

I hope Jim Daly of FG doesn't see this thread or his proposal to ban unrestricted access to the internet may not just stop at 14 year olds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

nhunter100 wrote: »
    Derailing the thread is the explaination people offer for the inexplicable dislike/hatred they have of people they don't know. I assumed your comment was directed at me, my bad if it wasn't.

i hate people who use that idiom.

I hope Jim Daly of FG doesn't see this thread or his proposal to ban unrestricted access to the internet may not just stop at 14 year olds.

Perhaps many of these posts wouldn't exist if that ban were in place.

i hate people who use that idiom.

Hate is such a strong word.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭infogiver

Is it safe to say now that it's been decided here that it's officially offensive to express your dislike of anyone, (for any reason or no reason)on the grounds that posters prone to feeling outraged on other people's behalf, feel outraged?

If it is, then I'd like to say that, inexplicably, I can't stand that.

infogiver wrote:
    The thing about the Vogue Williams of this world is this. She's taking advantage of the current popularity of people with no discernible talent but tonnes of brass neck, and you can't really criticise her for that. Her platform is " I'm a strong independent woman and.... well, that's it". And that's "en vogue (pardon the pun)" at the moment as 4th wave feminism sweeps through. Even 15 years ago you had to at least have been a successful model if not a singer with a few hits under your belt but not right now. In fairness to her, she has to get up every day and plaster on all of that fake tan muck, make up muck, hair pulled off her head, starve herself to death, sweat it out at the gym and stand beside the odious Spencer Mathews who is her male equivalent. Ugh. Just in the hope that your agent will ring and tell you that the Indo wants to interview you again about how to make it "as a strong independent woman in a mans world ". No thanks

infogiver wrote:
    The thing about the Vogue Williams of this world is this. She's taking advantage of the current popularity of people with no discernible talent but tonnes of brass neck, and you can't really criticise her for that. Her platform is " I'm a strong independent woman and.... well, that's it". And that's "en vogue (pardon the pun)" at the moment as 4th wave feminism sweeps through. Even 15 years ago you had to at least have been a successful model if not a singer with a few hits under your belt but not right now. In fairness to her, she has to get up every day and plaster on all of that fake tan muck, make up muck, hair pulled off her head, starve herself to death, sweat it out at the gym and stand beside the odious Spencer Mathews who is her male equivalent. Ugh. Just in the hope that your agent will ring and tell you that the Indo wants to interview you again about how to make it "as a strong independent woman in a mans world ". No thanks

infogiver wrote:
    Is it safe to say now that it's been decided here that it's officially offensive to express your dislike of anyone, (for any reason or no reason)on the grounds that posters prone to feeling outraged on other people's behalf, feel outraged?

The above is not dislike, it's bitter and nasty directed at someone for no other reason than they are famous, tbh.

• Advertisement

infogiver wrote: »

If it is, then I'd like to say that, inexplicably, I can't stand that.

If that's your interpretation of what's being discussed, carry on.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,488 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

The above is not dislike, it's bitter and nasty directed at someone for no other reason than they are famous, tbh.

Its also clearly not an "inexplicable" hate. But considering who it is no real suprises.

If that's your interpretation of what's being discussed, carry on.

well, the thread continued for a couple of days just fine until some of the posters who I would describe as "terminally outraged and offended " spotted it and immediately rushed to condemn the unfettered criticism of mostly celebrities and politicians, unknown to them on a personal level, and unlikely to be reading this thread.
    Do you have a different view?

infogiver wrote: »
    well, the thread continued for a couple of days just fine until some of the posters who I would describe as "terminally outraged and offended " spotted it and immediately rushed to condemn the unfettered criticism of mostly celebrities and politicians, unknown to them on a personal level, and unlikely to be reading this thread.
    Do you have a different view?

Yes. I think people who post uninformed and spiteful 'opinion' on an anonymous public website, about people they have never met, are giving way to their basest instincts. Frankly, it's pathetic and cowardly.

Dunno who you are referring to when you say 'terminally outraged and offended' but if it's me then you are wrong.

Finally, you have no idea who reads these posts and just because you are well-known doesn't mean that you are not entitled to your dignity and good name.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Jarlath o'regan...average conedian(nothing wrong with that) , has good podcast but he has a face i really want to punch and his voice makes my skin crawl...can't explain it...he is actual sound

Oh and that you chef donal whashisface...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Niall Horan. He seems like a nice lad, but something about him just irritates me and I don't know why

Marty Whelan is hunky dory on the radio but unbearably smug on the telly.
    That's inexplicable.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Niall Horan

Ellen DeGeneres head on him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Marty Whelan.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

The man in question would be an acquaintance of mine. There's nothing pretentious about him, he's a down to earth sort.

And how does he feel about the stupid ad? Does he really think that reflects young people now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭farmerwifelet

Ellen DeGeneres

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Ellen DeGeneres

Niall Horan head on her.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,372 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

maudgonner wrote: »
    Niall Horan head on her.

That gimp that nearly got elected President of Ireland.. big 'Dublin Fire Brigade' head on him.

Jesus H, can there not be a fun thread anymore?

The whole back and forth continously snide comments between certain posters is becoming so tiresome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭Squatter

That gimp that nearly got elected President of Ireland.. big 'Dublin Fire Brigade' head on him.

That would be Sean Gallagher.

The "independent" candidate who was never in Fianna Fail (in much the same way as Gerry Adams was never in the 'RA!)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭please helpThank YOU

John Halligan TD for Waterford .

• Registered Users Posts: 19,372 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Squatter wrote: »
    That would be Sean Gallagher.

The "independent" candidate who was never in Fianna Fail (in much the same way as Gerry Adams was never in the 'RA!)

That's the lad Squatter, big shiny 'Dublin Fire Brigade' head on him.

Lucky for us he didn't get elected.

While I'm here, that Brian Kerr fella give me the worst vibes , can't stand the accent and the 'Dub Done Well' attitude.

Total scrote, in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

Ian Dempsey.

Sean Moncrieff, like what he says just can't listen to his voice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Inexplicable was the point, yet some posters go into great detail as to why they hate someone they don't know. Irrational behaviour tbh.

You're going into great detail about why they go into great detail.

It's all equally tedious.

Advertisement