Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is someone you inexplicably can't stand?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

bobbyss wrote: »
    Louise Reilly of Sinn Fein. What a sour puss. Does she ever smile or say something nice about anyone?

Same shtick as the boss (Mary Lou),sour puss and opposes everything that the ruling classes have to say...with no alternatives offered....although that said,Mary Lou seems like she could be a bit of craic....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,746 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Tbf, that was her 'mantra' for a long time... looking for a man.

She was all the time looking for a guy, was going on the likes of Derek Mooney's show to find a guy. That was back in 2009 or so. Fast forward 12 years later, still no guy.

With the way you lot go on your have to wonder why she’d want one at all.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 30,542 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

jojofizzio wrote: »
    Same shtick as the boss (Mary Lou),sour puss and opposes everything that the ruling classes have to say...with no alternatives offered....although that said,Mary Lou seems like she could be a bit of craic....

I often think Mary Lou sits down and mocks people like Louise for being so common.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,062 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

fluke wrote: »
    She scrubbed up at one stage, but she screams high maintenance.

Knowing Nuala up close, shes actually quite attractive, fantastic body anyway. I mean anyone looking like her that didn't have her ice maiden attitude would've landed herself a man at any time she chose.

However it is her attitude, she is so effing snobby its just not funny, like properly superior and stand offish. I have no idea what she thinks perfection or even acceptable is, in herself or others, but it's completely unattainable and unrealistic.

Mind you, I know her family a little bit too and they are, how I shall I put this, strange. Prim and proper, but also very superior. She didn't lick it off the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Knowing Nuala up close, shes actually quite attractive, fantastic body anyway. I mean anyone looking like her that didn't have her ice maiden attitude would've landed herself a man at any time she chose.

However it is her attitude, she is so effing snobby its just not funny, like properly superior and stand offish. I have no idea what she thinks perfection or even acceptable is, in herself or others, but it's completely unattainable and unrealistic.

Mind you, I know her family a little bit too and they are, how I shall I put this, strange. Prim and proper, but also very superior. She didn't lick it off the ground.
    Why is "No Scrubs " running through my head

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭cms88

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    shes no looker , thats for sure

And you can be sure she thinks she is!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

fluke wrote: »
    She scrubbed up at one stage, but she screams high maintenance.

chin like Desperate Dan

bobbyss wrote: »
    Louise Reilly of Sinn Fein. What a sour puss. Does she ever smile or say something nice about anyone?

and that voice , are those who vote for her to the last man and woman completely deaf ?

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭carr62

I really don't know why, but Jimmy Carr and Ray D'Arcy always have me reaching for the "off" button!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

The new Aldi family - all of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭beerguts

RMAOK wrote: »
    On a somewhat similar vein; hozier

Hozier is one of the new generation of Irish that grew up with a silver spoon in their mouth that still find a way to paint themselves as being oppressed. The same sort of ****ers never had to graft a day in there lives and still feel the need to find themselves or some **** cause that means **** all.
    HIs **** take me to church song is about the oppression of the Irish homosexuals by the Catholic Church. Well I hardly think a rich prod like Hozier growing up in the 90s in wickla was ever really affected by the church, its power was well clipped by that stage with just the marriage equality and abortion to be reformed. This coming depression should give **** stains like him a bit of humility.
    Rant over!!

and that voice , are those who vote for her to the last man and woman completely deaf ?

Her voice has softened a lot since when she first started appearing on telly,

beerguts wrote: »
    Well I hardly think a rich prod like Hozier growing up in the 90s in wickla was ever really affected by the church, its power was well clipped by that stage with just the marriage equality and abortion to be reformed.

Considering paedophilia only became socially unacceptable, in Ireland, in 1994 he may well have been directly affected, or known someone who was.

Let’s not kid ourselves, it still wasn’t easy to be a gay person in Ireland back then either.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭YellowLead

Jennifer Zampirelli - she’s not funny and her voice grates

• Registered Users Posts: 9,937 ✭✭✭spookwoman

YellowLead wrote: »

Bridget and Eamon, nuff said one of the most unfunny programs out there

• Registered Users Posts: 9,049 ✭✭✭CoBo55

chin like Desperate Dan

That's brilliant I'm cracking up here... I wonder does she eat cow pie??

spookwoman wrote: »
    Bridget and Eamon, nuff said one of the most unfunny programs out there

It's absolutely dreadful..

Has she been mentioned yet? The one and only Deirdre o Kane...

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭beerguts

Considering paedophilia only became socially unacceptable, in Ireland, in 1994 he may well have been directly affected, or known someone who was.

Let’s not kid ourselves, it still wasn’t easy to be a gay person in Ireland back then either.

No it wasn't. My Mom was fostered out to a family from the Tuam orphanage and I have a good insight into her struggles and the impact on her. However from listening to his interviews and looking into his background he is just some opinionated prat born with a silver spoon in his mouth.

Yes gay and trans people where treated like they were suffering from a mental disorder back in the day which was totally wrong. I hope you didn't think I was lessening what it was like for them back then. That wasn't my intention

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭huddlejonny

Matthew McConagheeyyy.... I thought he was brilliant in Dazed & Confused but after that... Wow...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

YellowLead wrote: »

I get the impression theres a nasty side to her as well.

No it wasn't. My Mom was fostered out to a family from the Tuam orphanage and I have a good insight into her struggles and the impact on her. However from listening to his interviews and looking into his background he is just some opinionated prat born with a silver spoon in his mouth.

Yes gay and trans people where treated like they were suffering from a mental disorder back in the day which was totally wrong. I hope you didn't think I was lessening what it was like for them back then. That wasn't my intention

Sorry, I was just pointing out if he grew up in the 90s there could still be scope for “interference” from church figures, or other positions of power.

I don’t know much about the guy, besides the songs so I’ll bow to your superior knowledge on this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭cms88

CoBo55 wrote: »
    Has she been mentioned yet? The one and only Deirdre o Kane...

My god she's painful. You can almost feel the awkwardness when she tells a ''joke''

• Registered Users Posts: 8,327 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

No need to guess- I didn't see her stint on the apprentice (the thing that got her noticed) but she was not very well liked from folks who spoke about her.

Quite a nasty person, frankly.

No need to guess- I didn't see her stint on the apprentice (the thing that got her noticed) but she was not very well liked from folks who spoke about her.

Quite a nasty person, frankly.

Vaguely remember it, cold as ice

Now the bloody song is in my head... Feck sake..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

Peter Casey pulled her up over a tweet she sent after they both appeared on the Late Late.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,327 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Peter Casey pulled her up over a tweet she sent after they both appeared on the Late Late.

Yup, she fabricated a 'meeting' and claimed he couldnt' answer a question.

A question he answered about 2 or 3 weeks prior... didn't apologise for the lie either.

Hozier is one of the new generation of Irish that grew up with a silver spoon in their mouth that still find a way to paint themselves as being oppressed. The same sort of ****ers never had to graft a day in there lives and still feel the need to find themselves or some **** cause that means **** all.
    HIs **** take me to church song is about the oppression of the Irish homosexuals by the Catholic Church. Well I hardly think a rich prod like Hozier growing up in the 90s in wickla was ever really affected by the church, its power was well clipped by that stage with just the marriage equality and abortion to be reformed. This coming depression should give **** stains like him a bit of humility.
    Rant over!!

who cares what that ultra WOKE tosser thinks about anything ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭ Milena Fluffy Stretcher

Someone who calls themselves "edgy" or "Tells it like it is" is generally a c!nt or a horror to be around and ususally an indicator to not be around

Advertisement