Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is someone you inexplicably can't stand?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭ger vallely

The painter my husband hired to paint our house this morning. I know he has a limp handshake and that's bad enough. But there is just something else as well, just a eeuugghh feeling. Can't imagine sitting having the chat when he's on tea break.

Ah, I'm just a cow, he seems nice. Still has a limp handshake though!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

I completely get that. Limp handshake puts me off someone straight away.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭nhunter100

pilly wrote:
    Jesus H, can there not be a fun thread anymore?

The fun part is mentioning the name of someone you inexplicably can't stand and leaving it at that.
    The nastiness in some of the explanations defies any application of the term 'fun'. It is just vitriolic.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Gravelly wrote: »
    Where I come from, a cordial is a thing that city folk mix with their vodka.

Cordial is an old fashioned drink that you'd dilute with water. E.G, Rose's Lime Cordial. I've made elderflower cordial. I like the way you said ''city folk.''. There's something endearingly old fashioned about that!
    Taylor Swift is presumably the same reason everyone does though, she has such an extensively managed public image. She even seems to choose friends on the basis of how they can endear her to a new niche.
    Her unwillingness to say anything remotely political last year despite was doubtlessly down to a fear of losing a fragment of an audience, which would be fine if she didn't routinely associate herself with vague feminist platitudes.

Most Emma Watson hate seems to stem from either finding her a pretty boring person or just rampant intolerance for all the feminism stuff.

I've no clue why you'd hate Marion Cotillard... she's kind of crap in a lot of English language roles?

Not for me, no, because I wouldn't know anything about her public image or how she's career managed. I've only glimpsed her here and there. It could just be that I find her very bland and conventional. And the same with Watson. I do find her feminism a bit disagreeable, but it's my irrational reaction of dislike upon catching sight of her face that I'm talking about here. It makes no sense at all because I see her as studious looking and I'm quite studious in some ways. They say you might dislike someone because you see something of yourself in them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,372 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

nhunter100 wrote: »
    The fun part is mentioning the name of someone you inexplicably can't stand and leaving it at that.
    The nastiness in some of the explanations defies any application of the term 'fun'. It is just vitriolic.

Aaah go on outa that, the thing is just a bit of fun.

Nobody takes it seriously......:eek:...do they?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

That Radio Nova DJ, Pat Courtney(?).

Dislike is probably too strong a word.

Perhaps extreme aural irritation would suffice.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

pilly wrote: »

That said, it's worse when somebody tries to get into a hand-crushing competition with you.

It's an trivial societal convention not a spontaneous arm wrestling beat-down.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭please helpThank YOU

Barnardos`Fergus Finaly and his salary of 117.591 euros for six months That is 4522 euros a week now that is what you call Charity for himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭kirk buttercup

This thread is making me realise how many celebs I can't stand. Damn I'm grumpy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,309 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

GarIT wrote: »
    Overweight people. I just can't stand talking to them or looking at them and I feel much more likely to disagree with them than normal people.

Most RTÉ staff. Most state employees.

Right Barrel of laughs you are... :o
    pragmatic1 wrote: »
    That one on winning streak that hosts alongside Marty. She seems like a complete biatch.

Ya know-she used to do my head in, for a while-but she's not bad looking at all. Herself and Marty did a parody of 'Show me the money' as an advert for winning streak...and I was like 'dang, she wears those leather pants well...oh my'.
    She also wore the 'Mrs Claus' outfit last X mas...and dang...
    She's a good body, and seems like she'd be a bit of craic too.

Geri Maye on the other hand was just a pain-she really felt like an insult to ppls inteligence.Just never felt she was sincere-and the time she mocked a gaelgeoir-in a clear 'she's prettier than me' jealousy moment...I lost all respect.

That dog in the McDonalds 'New York Stack' ad.

Could see myself grabbing a baseball bat and running the fat end up his hoop.

Shake the fcuker up like.Loosen his folds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

Brendan O'Carroll. Like most of my picks it ain't inexplicable though. Sorry I've just realised it's turned into the, god I hate that bastard thread :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Casey78

Rory Mcilroy.

Chris Donahue (?) on newstalk. He reminds me of that kind of person in school who had no personality, wasn't likeable or friendly but had friends because everybody thought that everybody else thought he was okay. Looks like he would have been quiet but if some kid was being mocked he would throw in a sly remark, which would be the only time he ever interacted with that kid. Got by because he looked aesthetically acceptable and gave off an air that he wasn't of low social status even though he didn't deserve to have it easy.

Jordan Peterson. Not because of what he says, a lot of which I can see has some basis in reality, but he seems so joyless, stern, impatient with others who don't aren't as "enlightened" as him, discontent, grumpy .. I don't know, I just don't like him

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Probably not inexplicable, but Kellyanne Conway would be one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Linda Martin is another one I can't stand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

From the sports arena:

Alan Pardew
    Aidan O'Shea
    Diarmuid Connolly (and I'm a Dublin supporter)
    Kieran Donaghy
    Stevie Me
    Lewis Hamilton

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Dana

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Amanda Holden.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Marco Pierre White. Can't figure out exactly what I don't like about him though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Jedward
    Justin Bieber

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

Geri Maye on the other hand was just a pain-she really felt like an insult to ppls inteligence.Just never felt she was sincere-and the time she mocked a gaelgeoir-in a clear 'she's prettier than me' jealousy moment...I lost all respect.

That incident did her no favours. Has only got bit parts on tv since. I wouldn't judge people by their performance hosting Winning Streak. Its a cringefest.
    One thing in Geri Mayes favour- she copped onto herself before marrying Ray Darcy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭jeanjolie

Attractive Irish women who sound like they have rats are in their throats when opening their mouths...

It's sad. We actually have quality-tier women that could be on par with international standards but....the accent almost always ruins it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Bobby1981

That Mr Bean fella. Something about his nostrils turns my stomach. I cannot bear to look at him.

and Daniel!

Now I like a few Daniel O'Donnell songs...my brother loves Donegal Shore and Daniel sings it beautifully! In fact, he sang to me on my 18th so I got love for Daniel but I can't bear to look at him. Something about his face does my head in...his face is all wrong!......

Sorry Daniel, I will still stan for you but I don't want to look at you. No Bueno:cool:

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Omackeral wrote:
    Who's yours?

Helen Hunt.

And the wife from prison break and the walking dead Sarah Anne Wayne Callies, just found out her name, that's annoying too.

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭Meeoow

Jennifer Maguire. I have to switch stations when she starts hogging the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭PucaMama

Chris Donahue (?) on newstalk. He reminds me of that kind of person in school who had no personality, wasn't likeable or friendly but had friends because everybody thought that everybody else thought he was okay. Looks like he would have been quiet but if some kid was being mocked he would throw in a sly remark, which would be the only time he ever interacted with that kid. Got by because he looked aesthetically acceptable and gave off an air that he wasn't of low social status even though he didn't deserve to have it easy.
    What makes someone deserve a hard time?? Their social status?

• Advertisement

PucaMama wrote: »
    What makes someone deserve a hard time?? Their social status?

It's inexplicable- nobody knows?

For some inexplicable reason I find Martin King a right tosser, hackles rise up every time I see someone in a check shirt.

He's probabably a lovely man.

Advertisement