Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is someone you inexplicably can't stand?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭4Ad

Funny enough it's another one that's not inexplicable but I didn't know who that doctor was who sent the tweet about Arlene Foster, and I just saw a picture of him on the rte website ,and he is an annoying ****, on top of it he has set up a fundraiser to pay the twine, and complained about his mental health, that is the go to for a rogue.

Pretensious stuck up gob****e..
    Delighted he got such a big fine..
    No fan of Arleen Foster but what he did was horrible !!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Katie Taylor.

Amazing sports woman but can’t warm to her at all. There’s something going on under the surface there I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

Doireann Garrihy. Completely talentless.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Hamachi

razorblunt wrote: »
    Katie Taylor.

Amazing sports woman but can’t warm to her at all. There’s something going on under the surface there I think.

I think Katie’s great. Somebody who is famous because she is genuinely talented and ferociously hard working.

I get that the faith element might be a turn off for some people in modern, ‘progressive’ Ireland. I’m not particularly religious myself, but I admire her for standing out from the crowd of fake, vacuous non-entities that pass for celebrities these days.

• Site Banned Posts: 339 ✭✭guy2231

I can't stand most of the posters on this site to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Will Goodbody. Very articulate and competent reporter for RTE, but for some reason I cannot stand him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

Katie Taylor.

She is a amazing sports personality, a amazing roll model for the next generation

But I think she cannot accept her sexualities' because of her religion

• Registered Users Posts: 3,210 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

Tommy Tiernan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭Glencarraig

John arse wrote: »
    got confused there for a minute-thought you were talking about joanna donnelly:eek::eek::eek:!

I think Joanna would be a little minx in the bed and yes, I would,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭StevenToast

I had a look at some of her stuff recently, my god she is dreadful...

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,066 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

The slightly crazy ones usually are.

I remember her being on an RTE programme about weather and forecasting and some little girl came on to tell Joanna thanks for her snow forecasts during Storm Emma and Joanna burst into tears like she just won an Oscar.

A dose of the absolute scour.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,327 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

I had a look at some of her stuff recently, my god she is dreadful...

giphy.gif

Thank you for your service.

... I just couldn't stomach sitting thru even ten seconds of her 'material'.

She is a amazing sports personality, a amazing roll model for the next generation

That’s a pretty scurrilous claim to make. How could you possibly know anything private like that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Shaka Hislop

Ian Dempsey's goddaughter I believe.

Ian Dempsey's goddaughter I believe.

And her Grandfather/ Granduncle used to be high up in RTE.
    spookwoman wrote: »
    Rory O'Connell gets on my wick. Suppose the Allen name is not the in the good books at the moment so they wheel out the brother, god forbid they should be off irish television.

I know his boyfriend, Rory's I mean. Think they work together too.

And no-this isn't me 'outing' him. He's been out for a while now.
    I‘m gay but it was never an issue. I never met any hostility or anything like that. But it changes everything, it changes convention.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/lifestyle/arid-20287507.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭Jerry Attrick

Larbre34 wrote: »

A colossal dose. Beyond gigantic. Absolutely insufferable woman. So entirety consumed with self promotion that she trips over her own script while trying to sound witty.

And that's being nice about her!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭John arse

r u serious?joanna donnelly!jesus wept:eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,018 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Hamachi wrote: »
    I think Katie’s great. Somebody who is famous because she is genuinely talented and ferociously hard working.

I get that the faith element might be a turn off for some people in modern, ‘progressive’ Ireland. I’m not particularly religious myself, but I admire her for standing out from the crowd of fake, vacuous non-entities that pass for celebrities these days.

She’s absolutely amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,836 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Doireann Garrihy, Aoibhín Garrihy, Aoibhinn McGinnity, Aoibheann McCaul - all interchangeable and annoying

I think this is the only inexplicable one I have, she’s an incredible athlete and it’s nothing to do with her religious beliefs (each to their own) but I think glenfieldman is right.

She gets interviewed by Irish media with their kids gloves on too. Hopefully she accepts herself and finds happiness.

• Advertisement

She gets interviewed by Irish media with their kids gloves on too. Hopefully she accepts herself and finds happiness.

Not arguing with you, but how could you or that other poster possibly know anything about her sexuality or whether she has accepted herself?

In terms of the media treating her with kid gloves, why shouldn’t they? She’s a national treasure, a great role model, and her private life is her own business.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21 DipDiphooray

That dude from the Quote Devil add his voice goes through my brain.

Not arguing with you, but how could you or that other poster possibly know anything about her sexuality or whether she has accepted herself?

In terms of the media treating her with kid gloves, why shouldn’t they? She’s a national treasure, a great role model, and her private life is her own business.

Don’t get me wrong I wouldn’t want the media to go on the attack by any means but the LLS last night was the same questions we’ve all heard a million times.
    It just seems to me that there’s a facade there. I obviously don’t care care what her sexuality is but i do think it might contribute to things.

Doireann Garrihy, Aoibhín Garrihy, Aoibhinn McGinnity, Aoibheann McCaul - all interchangeable and annoying

" all interchangeable"
    SPOT ON

4Ad wrote: »
    Pretensious stuck up gob****e..
    Delighted he got such a big fine..
    No fan of Arleen Foster but what he did was horrible !!

Well, we know who's gonna be on THIS year's I'm a Celebrity.

Anyone that runs into money issues, they go on reality TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

I wasnt being disparaging about weather she is gay or not.
    For context, my daughter is happily married to a lovely woman and me and my wife have no issue with any sexual choice
    But its quite clear Katie is but I think her religion may hinder her to find true happiness

• Registered Users Posts: 9,938 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Seriously who really gives a sh*t about a persons sexuality and coming out at the stage for celebs is bordering on attention seeking. Who cares and does it make any difference. From what I have seen in the news of Katie Taylor she is very dedicated, professional and private, possibly OCD, on the spectrum that it's all she thinks about.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,542 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I wouldn't be a massive fan of Mickey Harte(Tyrone fella).

But its quite clear Katie is but I think her religion may hinder her to find true happiness

Sorry, but quite clear to whom? Unless you’re part of her inner circle, you have no idea of her sexuality and shouldn’t be speculating as to whether it inhibits her ability to find happiness.

I’m not having a go at you. I just think Katie is a great role model. I’d much rather my young daughter look up to her rather than the Kardashians, CardiB or any of our home grown ‘personalities’ like Vogue etc. She’s an admirable person and it isn’t fair to throw out unsubstantiated claims like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭John arse

I wouldn't be a massive fan of Mickey Harte(Tyrone fella).
    he was good in the eurovision though???

Advertisement