Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is someone you inexplicably can't stand?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Shaka Hislop

jaffusmax wrote: »
    STOP THE PRESS

Kathryn Thomas is expecting her second child!

Kathryn Thomas has had sex? ........ Twice?!?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Yeah!

Thank good RTE reports this stuff or I would have spent the rest of the day wondering was she going to have another sprog!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Swaine

Helen McEntee.

Damian Duff

Don't get this why is that surprising

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭John arse

fair city-script writers and cast(the missus watches it so i have to as well)wtf?,i have to laugh at the same people seemingly randomly just bumping into each other with not another sinner about-anywhere?,and the bad acting c'mon:mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,475 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

John arse wrote: »
    fair city-script writers and cast(the missus watches it so i have to as well)wtf?,i have to laugh at the same people seemingly randomly just bumping into each other with not another sinner about-anywhere?,and the bad acting c'mon:mad::mad::mad:

Typical Fair city scenes (and many others too)

Person going out door, meets person coming in door, roaring and shouting develops, person walks out, another person walking through another door, meets a person inside, start talking, roaring and shouting develops, ……rinse and repeat……rinse and repeat.

Good call Arse

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

If you watch it ironically it can be amusing - my sister describes it as “the best comedy on RTE”. There was (might still be there) an overdubbed version on YouTube years ago that was amusing too - worth a look.

If you watch it ironically it can be amusing - my sister describes it as “the best comedy in RTɔ. There was (might still be there) an overdubbed version on YouTube years ago that was amusing too - worth a look.
    yeah sometimes it's so bad it's actually funny-agreed there;););)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,599 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

If you watch it ironically it can be amusing - my sister describes it as “the best comedy in RTɔ. There was (might still be there) an overdubbed version on YouTube years ago that was amusing too - worth a look.
    There was a strange celebrity episode of Googlebox Ireland where Mel Gibson, John Lithgow, Will Ferrell & Mark Wahlberg looked at an episode of Fair City. John Lithgow in particular was completely engrossed by the Fair City storyline. :confused: (Although I hear he's an actor so it might have been for the benefit of the cameras.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Burt Renaults

Absolute philistines. Fair City is home to some of the greatest acting you will ever see.

fair%20city%20fight%202.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,599 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I found the Hollywood analysis of Fair City. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,018 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

This made me very happy thanks lad

Love that book, especially how the first 3 chapters are about dahls hatred for beards

Chapt 3: “and another thing about beards ....”

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

I found the Hollywood analysis of Fair City. :D

How the hell did that come about :confused: Did RTE pay those guys to be on the show?
    Your woman at the end summed the show up perfectly in 6 words :D
    I see Mondo is back, he went to Hollywood years ago to be a movie star.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,747 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Love that book, especially how the first 3 chapters are about dahls hatred for beards

Chapt 3: “and another thing about beards ....”

Beards are generally disgusting. Fair enough, when someone has a “well kept” beard but the awful, scraggly, pubey ones you see on lads these days are just awful.

A sure sign of laziness, and poor hygiene.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

Beards are generally disgusting. Fair enough, when someone has a “well kept” beard but the awful, scraggly, pubey ones you see on lads these days are just awful.

A sure sign of laziness, and poor hygiene.

3 chapters!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,327 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

How the hell did that come about :confused: Did RTE pay those guys to be on the show?
    Your woman at the end summed the show up perfectly in 6 words :D
    I see Mondo is back, he went to Hollywood years ago to be a movie star.

Virgin Media, not RTE. Gogglebox Ireland is a Virgin Media production.

I think this was back when they were in Ireland promoting Daddy's Home 2. So they did appearances on the Late Late Show, and VM1. Movie wasn't well received.

And yeah, George McMahon 'tried' to make it in Hollywood... only thing is, you have to have talent over there.

That and his weird 'jerking it' on top of someone's car court case years back is still bizarre. Even Hollywood can't cover THAT up.

what mondo(George) didn't make it in Hollywood???wtf!what with his de niro/pacino-esque traits.i find that very hard to believe,i think he was very close to a big part in the thunderbirds movie though?:confused:

what mondo(George) didn't make it in Hollywood???wtf!what with his de niro/pacino-esque traits.i find that very hard to believe,i think he was very close to a big part in the thunderbirds movie though?:confused:

I know right? Then they went and decided they were gonna use actors instead of mannequins, and poor Georgie boy lost out...

Sucks to be him.

• Advertisement

He was on radio (Liveline) bitching about UL’s panto having a Scottish producer. Then the Scottish producer rang in to defend himself and Hughes’ backpedaling was hilarious (you should try and find the Liveline thread from that day). He was a very lucky boy not to have been sued afterwards. He made out on the show that he would be almost penniless if they (him and his husband Karl) if they didn’t get this “help” from the Govt. This was a few weeks after he’d been in some rag doing one of those house tours on his “fabulous” home btw.

He was given a soft ride (careful) by Joe Duffy of course as Joe was in his panto a few years ago. You’d think it was the Royal Shakespearean production of Hamlet the way Duffy talked about it and not some innuendo-laden amateur dramatics production.

They ended up doing the panto once (not a typo) and recorded it, they were going to show it as a drive through in Malahide Castle at €50 a car which ultimately got cancelled (possibly by the Gardai).

So they got €230,000 for one performance.

If you need a laugh, listen to this:
    https://www.rte.ie/radio/radioplayer/html5/#/radio1/21859572

The backpedaling when the Scot comes on is hilarious.

Virgin Media, not RTE. Gogglebox Ireland is a Virgin Media production.

I think this was back when they were in Ireland promoting Daddy's Home 2. So they did appearances on the Late Late Show, and VM1. Movie wasn't well received.

And yeah, George McMahon 'tried' to make it in Hollywood... only thing is, you have to have talent over there.

That and his weird 'jerking it' on top of someone's car court case years back is still bizarre. Even Hollywood can't cover THAT up.

Say what now?
    Quickly runs to google….

Edit: any link? All I can find is an obstruction case with no reference to “jerking it”…

If you need a laugh, listen to this:
    https://www.rte.ie/radio/radioplayer/html5/#/radio1/21859572

The backpedaling when the Scot comes on is hilarious.

Hughes neglects of course to mention that he “forgot” to pay taxes on the panto earnings…..

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/did-presenter-alan-hughes-pay-full-panto-tax-oh-no-he-didn-t-gg658gww5

So a tax defaulter gets €230,000 for his panto that was staged once. You couldn’t make this up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

Keano lol

• Registered Users Posts: 24,062 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

How does it get into the head of people like George McMahon and Caroline Morgan that they have any chance in the wild world to get gigs in Hollywood? Who the hell do they be listening to?

I mean let's face it, Amy Huberman, who has has top billing in a few different dramas and comedies in this Country can't even get past the cattle calls in Hollywood, and yet here's these fools!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

He was on radio (Liveline) bitching about UL’s panto having a Scottish producer. Then the Scottish producer rang in to defend himself and Hughes’ backpedaling was hilarious (you should try and find the Liveline thread from that day). He was a very lucky boy not to have been sued afterwards. He made out on the show that he would be almost penniless if they (him and his husband Karl) if they didn’t get this “help” from the Govt. This was a few weeks after he’d been in some rag doing one of those house tours on his “fabulous” home btw.

He was given a soft ride (careful) by Joe Duffy of course as Joe was in his panto a few years ago. You’d think it was the Royal Shakespearean production of Hamlet the way Duffy talked about it and not some innuendo-laden amateur dramatics production.

They ended up doing the panto once (not a typo) and recorded it, they were going to show it as a drive through in Malahide Castle at €50 a car which ultimately got cancelled (possibly by the Gardai).

So they got €230,000 for one performance.

Wow I knew he got 230k of taxpayers money but never knew it ended up being for a single panto performance. Like seriously, its amateur dramatics for children with a few smutty jokes thrown in for the adults. What a shocking waste of money, if he had any morals he would be returning it.

Didnt Pat Shortt get a massive wedge of free money as well? I forget how much but think it was at least 100k. It would be interesting to see how that 5 million quid got split up, no doubt it reads like a whos who of RTE guests who are in the golden circle whilst those outside it applied and got nothing.

Say what now?
    Quickly runs to google….

Edit: any link? All I can find is an obstruction case with no reference to “jerking it”…

I'd say he tried to scrub the evidence... but the internet never forgets.

https://www.thefreelibrary.com/He+was+jumping+up+and+down+on+the+jeep+like+a+maniac..+my+wife+was+in...-a0130554895
    The farmer, who asked not to be identified, claimed McMahon stood in front of his 4x4, hauled himself on to the vehicle and "had sex with the windscreen".

He has made a full written statement to gardai, who say they are actively pursuing the case.

The man, in his mid-30s, claimed McMahon danced on the Hyundai Santa Fe during the late-night incident a fortnight ago.

The four occupants froze as a group of around 12 people, led by McMahon and including another Irish celebrity, allegedly surrounded their jeep in Clonmel, Co Tipperary.

Reminds me of a Kids in the Hall Sketch...

So a tax defaulter gets €230,000 for his panto that was staged once. You couldn’t make this up.[/QUOTE]

OH YES YOU COULD......HES BEHIND YOU

• Registered Users Posts: 26,978 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

I'm updating my preference Christy Dignam, I see this poor mouth, boy who cried wolf has the begging bowl out yet again, his go to Media Outlet the Sunday Indo gave him a full feature article yesterday with the heading "I'm down to my last €300", of course this on the back of Aslan being turned down for a grant recently.

I Remember this plank back in the 90"s, Aslan resident at a place I worked, a more obnoxious, loutish, odious loudmouth you couldn't meet,

Christy, god bless him has become quite adept at crying wolf, it's vomit enducing at this stage, spare a thought for those with a less public profile who've probably never had as much as €300 in their bank accounts, FFS.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Sean Gallagher

Where has the man who was going to save Ireland during and after the financial crash been during COVID?

There will always b a special place in the hateful pit of my stomach for this opportunistic blufffer!

Advertisement