Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is someone you inexplicably can't stand?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭John arse

So a tax defaulter gets €230,000 for his panto that was staged once. You couldn’t make this up.

OH YES YOU COULD......HES BEHIND YOU[/QUOTE]
    jesus,i'd be worried with alan Hughes behind me!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,018 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Dempo1 wrote: »
    I'm updating my preference Christy Dignam, I see this poor mouth, boy who cried wolf has the begging bowl out yet again, his go to Media Outlet the Sunday Indo gave him a full feature article yesterday with the heading "I'm down to my last €300", of course this on the back of Aslan being turned down for a grant recently.

I Remember this plank back in the 90"s, Aslan resident at a place I worked, a more obnoxious, loutish, odious loudmouth you couldn't meet,

Christy, god bless him has become quite adept at crying wolf, it's vomit enducing at this stage, spare a thought for those with a less public profile who've probably never had as much as €300 in their bank accounts, FFS.

the grant is interesting, the people who got it were people with good (expensive) management who have skilled resources to fill in the forms for a government grant. ie people who have experience in dealing with government. The people it was intended for generally do not have this experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,978 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

the grant is interesting, the people who got it were people with good (expensive) management who have skilled resources to fill in the forms for a government grant. ie people who have experience in dealing with government. The people it was intended for generally do not have this experience.

I'm hearing all sorts of conflicting stories about this latest grant scheme, a wedding Band €317k, a rax defaulter getting substantial grant, one music promoter over €1 million despite entire pot of €23 million, seems a very hit an miss process with entertainment not arts being to focus of the scheme. Very amusing podcast on the live line last week, worth a listen but transparency seems a real issue.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,018 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I'm hearing all sorts of conflicting stories about this latest grant scheme, a wedding Band €317k, a rax defaulter getting substantial grant, one music promoter over €1 million despite entire pot of €23 million, seems a very hit an miss process with entertainment not arts being to focus of the scheme. Very amusing podcast on the live line last week, worth a listen but transparency seems a real issue.

i heard some of it and it was brilliant "now now we can't say that...." "no YOU can't but I can"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,747 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

I'd say he tried to scrub the evidence... but the internet never forgets.

https://www.thefreelibrary.com/He+was+jumping+up+and+down+on+the+jeep+like+a+maniac..+my+wife+was+in...-a0130554895

Reminds me of a Kids in the Hall Sketch...

It doesn’t say whether he “seagulled” the bonnet, or windscreen. Perhaps he thought it was a regular dogging spot?

Was it just dry humping?

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Advertisement

i heard some of it and it was brilliant "now now we can't say that...." "no YOU can't but I can"

LOL yes, it was Hillarious, never heard of that Paul character, it wasn't long before he was put in his box :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭smilerf

Micah Richards
    Behaves like an overgrown child
    His stupid laugh goes through me

• Registered Users Posts: 24,062 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

jaffusmax wrote: »
    Sean Gallagher

Where has the man who was going to save Ireland during and after the financial crash been during COVID?

There will always b a special place in the hateful pit of my stomach for this opportunistic blufffer!

You forgot narcissist.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,750 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Cal4567 wrote: »
    Not sure if it's been said before, but Sky News' Kay Burley. Can't these newsreaders just step back and read the news please. It's not about you.

That said, the other option at this time in the morning is the very down-market virgin media, Ireland AM. Or am I just a snob?

TV turned off again pretty quickly.

Gamey as fook I suspect.

Annoying but gamey.

I'm updating my preference Christy Dignam, I see this poor mouth, boy who cried wolf has the begging bowl out yet again, his go to Media Outlet the Sunday Indo gave him a full feature article yesterday with the heading "I'm down to my last €300", of course this on the back of Aslan being turned down for a grant recently.

I Remember this plank back in the 90"s, Aslan resident at a place I worked, a more obnoxious, loutish, odious loudmouth you couldn't meet,

Christy, god bless him has become quite adept at crying wolf, it's vomit enducing at this stage, spare a thought for those with a less public profile who've probably never had as much as €300 in their bank accounts, FFS.

Mary coughlan is another one of the " poor mouth" brigade

• Advertisement

"If something is inexplicable, you cannot explain why it happens or why it is true."

(Collins dictionary).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Shaka Hislop

Diarmaid O'Cadhla.... hijacking the nationwide musicians protest for his own anti-mask, anti-vax group in cork....I think Sinn Féin are well shot of this lad

Mary coughlan is another one of the " poor mouth" brigade

Yes, she has a PhD in self pity :)

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Gamey as fook I suspect.

Annoying but gamey.

I'm reminded of an expression about a bicycle and being unable too.............

Hideous individual

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

I'm reminded of an expression about a bicycle and being unable too.............

Hideous individual

"Sadness in his eyes" Kay Burley after the Paris attacks 2015

CT1sWwRWUAA8L0c?format=jpg&name=small

If you need a laugh, listen to this:
    https://www.rte.ie/radio/radioplayer/html5/#/radio1/21859572

The backpedaling when the Scot comes on is hilarious.

I had 5minutes to spare so I gave that another listen.......jeez huges was on the brink of crying cause other pigs at the trough were possibly getting more of the free money. He sure is a GRADE A whingebag. Its NOT as good as the Maria Bailey radio interview but definitely worth a listen.

I had 5minutes to spare so I gave that another listen.......jeez huges was on the brink of crying cause other pigs at the trough were possibly getting more of the free money. He sure is a GRADE A whingebag. Its NOT as good as the Maria Bailey radio interview but definitely worth a listen.

In centuries to come people will look back on how cruelly these people were treated!

Their plight is up there with the Irish Famine sufferers, Holocaust victims and poor people of Syria!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,327 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

jaffusmax wrote: »
    In centuries to come people will look back on how cruelly these people were treated!

Their plight is up there with the Irish Famine sufferers, Holocaust victims and poor people of Syria!

God, what is it with Irish 'personalities' complaining... they always go straight for the xenophobic 'They're not Irish... shouldn't be here, etc'. It's the same spiel that Rosanna Davison pulled too.

It's disgusting thinking. Makes you think he's got skeletons in his closet.

God, what is it with Irish 'personalities' complaining... they always go straight for the xenophobic 'They're not Irish... shouldn't be here, etc'. It's the same spiel that Rosanna Davison pulled too.

It's disgusting thinking. Makes you think he's got skeletons in his closet.

Real talent terrifies them!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,750 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

He could try and flog the new delph to an ivory dealer.
    Might raise some funds there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭bocaman

Ryan Tubridy. Toyman comes on the tv or radio I instantly switch off.

Stewart Lee hates the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,327 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Corden did a musical about Covid Lockdown ending...

I'm with Stewart Lee...Corden's a goddamn virus.

Imagine someone making this musical crap to announce 'AIDS was over'...

Corden did a musical about Covid Lockdown ending...

I'm with Stewart Lee...Corden's a goddamn virus.

Imagine someone making this musical crap to announce 'AIDS was over'...

I always believed corden is the tubby little adorable Brit that yanks thought Ricky Gervis was meant to be!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Grainge Seoige, something about her I could never warm to that I can't quite put my finger on. Maybe its the memory of her "catfight" with Mairead on the Panel where she was reading from a script.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭John arse

Grainge Seoige, something about her I could never warm to that I can't quite put my finger on. Maybe its the memory of her "catfight" with Mairead on the Panel where she was reading from a script.

yeah good call that,i,ve been thinking that for years,she's obviously extremely full of herself and would be ultra-high maintenance i'd say.i,ve always had this funny vision of her shopping and nothing is ever good enough for her(don't know why),anyway apart from that i still would:D

Lauren Hubbard.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭nialler1978

bocaman wrote: »
    Ryan Tubridy. Toyman comes on the tv or radio I instantly switch off.

I'm not sure this is in the right place...Tubridy is one of the most 'explicably' hated men in Ireland, a hugely divisive figure in terms of popularity and is famed/notable for being just so untalented in his field. Creepy, strange, awkward, unattractive, false, out of his depth...but there he is at the very top of the entertainment food chain in Ireland. Why? nobody knows other because in the real world he wouldn't make local community radio on the Isle of Man, but this is Ireland and this how things work here, golden circles, brown nosing and political allegiances.

Ryan Tubridy belongs in a "who is one of the most inexplicably loved people in Ireland" thread, or "who is one of the most mysteriously overpaid and useless presenters ever" thread.

Before anyone asks, no, I'm not a fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

David Barry scout master from cork

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭nialler1978

David Barry scout master from cork

Yeah, I know, totally “inexplicable”. He was such a nice guy and organised all those trips for kids.

Advertisement