Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is someone you inexplicably can't stand?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Trevor McDonald

• Registered Users Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    David Walliams . The man craves attention and looks for it in any way he can draw it in . Even if that involves being a right eejit

Simon Cowels "lickspittle"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,023 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

Doireann Garrihy (social "influencer"-whatever that is)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Bambi985

All of these "stylists" that rock up on Xpose every other day looking like a fashion experiment gone wrong. Cathy O'Connor, Courtney Smith and the like. Yer wan Courtney has had a serious amount of cosmetic work done, talks through her nose and doesn't appear to be able to dress herself let alone give someone else a makeover.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

Bressie

Kate Winslet

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

Zayn from one direction. Can't look at the c*nt without wanting to smack his face

Way too much of that boyband forced down our throats a few years ago. Do not see anything special about them or about most of the other bands or singers RTE feel obliged to force on us. Boybands and the even worse modern Irish country music I feel have gotten too much publicity to the detriment of everything else sadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

jojofizzio wrote: »
    Doireann Garrihy (social "influencer"-whatever that is)

Anyone who is an "influencer" is generally a detestable person tbh

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 8,325 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Way too much of that boyband forced down our throats a few years ago. Do not see anything special about them or about most of the other bands or singers RTE feel obliged to force on us. Boybands and the even worse modern Irish country music I feel have gotten too much publicity to the detriment of everything else sadly.

There are some bands and boybands that are just shoved on us-but they're more 'famous' for the publicity they get, rather than anything else. (The coronas for example-they kept trying to make the lead singer, and Laura Whitmore, into a 'power couple'-never mind both were bland and boring).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

There are some bands and boybands that are just shoved on us-but they're more 'famous' for the publicity they get, rather than anything else. (The coronas for example-they kept trying to make the lead singer, and Laura Whitmore, into a 'power couple'-never mind both were bland and boring).

That's exactly it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,023 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

Geraldine Lynagh TV3 newsreader

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Bellerstring

Sharon ní Bheolain.
    Can't fukkin stand her. I can't help feeling she's got a huge sense of entitlement.
    And, her fukkin raspy gravelly voice makes me cringe anytime I hear her on the news.
    CLEAR YER FUKKIN THROAT!!
    And her fukkin leather biker jackets, I mean she's in a studio ffs.
    Pay rise me bolix.

Actually, that's not really inexplicable, is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Bambi985

Youtubers. Bloody all of them and their sense of utterly deluded self-importance.

There's an Irish guy called Rob Lipsett who fancies himself as some sort of "fitness expert", whose videos are literally him lifting weights in the gym whilst staring in the mirror set to ridiculous music and interspersed with on-camera brags about how amazing his life is in the most nauseating uber-posh D4 accent ever. He was on Love Island recently for about 10 seconds and did an entire video about how amazing his life is and he wouldn't have wanted to have been on it for longer anyway because his life is so amazing blah blah blah. How do youtubers get away with this amount of bullshyt?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,325 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Everyone on the current 'Celebrity Operation Transformation'...if you have to google someone, they're not a celebrity.

But that advert-that advert makes me want to absolutely punch my television. You've got the annoying Mary Byrne, someone I don't know, some other one I don't know, some bad actor screaming 'noooooo' and then the campest camp guy asking for a 99.

They rustle my jimmies, all of em.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭dinorebel

Louis Walsh as himself and for forcing boybands down throats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭Steve The Barman

Phillipe Coutiniho

• Registered Users Posts: 14,503 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Regina Doherty. Just something about her. Her smile seems very untrustworthy to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

jojofizzio wrote: »
    Geraldine Lynagh TV3 newsreader

I like Geraldine. :)

But, Siobhán Bastible really annoys me for some inexplicable reason!
    (Keeping on point!) :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Sleather678

Have a few so here you go:

James Corden - I just can't stand him.
    Ryan Turbidy
    Michael McGrath TD
    Siun Nic Gearailt - high pitch Naucht newsreader (that voice :/ )
    Gerry Adams
    Nathan Carter

• Registered Users Posts: 3,149 ✭✭✭mistersifter

Eoghan McDermott . Very explicable but doesn't matter - he's a detestable little sh*t.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭bellz_x

Val Kilmer - arrogant d bag
    Emma Roberts - can't stand her face
    Jasper carrot - someone kill me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Coleen Rooney, absolute disgrace of a role model. No matter WHAT her pig of a husband does, she never leaves him and of course why would she? He was her ticket to 20 holidays a year, each with about 15 suitcases and an entourage of chefs, minders and nannies. Without him she would be nothing and she is the absolute cliché of a WAG in that she just sits on her hole, going on holidays and living in a little luxurious bubble. All her money and she never donates to charity, never gives to the less fortunate.
    Same with Robbie Keanes other half, who lets face it wouldn't look twice at him if he weren't a millionaire. Selfish WAGs make me sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭vampyre

Coleen Rooney, absolute disgrace of a role model. No matter WHAT her pig of a husband does, she never leaves him and of course why would she? He was her ticket to 20 holidays a year, each with about 15 suitcases and an entourage of chefs, minders and nannies. Without him she would be nothing and she is the absolute cliché of a WAG in that she just sits on her hole, going on holidays and living in a little luxurious bubble. All her money and she never donates to charity, never gives to the less fortunate.
    Same with Robbie Keanes other half, who lets face it wouldn't look twice at him if he weren't a millionaire. Selfish WAGs make me sick.

I know for a fact she did make sizeable donations to some childrens charities a few years back. In both their names but it was Coleen they dealt with.
    Mystified at her tolerating his behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,467 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Those bewers who lead poor Wayne astray.

Slack boxed boilers who are past their best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

I'm sure if she were to divorce him on the grounds of infidelity, she'd get enough money to never have to work again.

You are presuming she doesn't donate to charity.

It is possible she stays with him to protect her children.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

I'm sure if she were to divorce him on the grounds of infidelity, she'd get enough money to never have to work again. You are presuming she doesn't donate to charity. It is possible she stays with him to protect her children.

She does okay for herself now anyway without dopey hole.

Colleen.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Al Porter, yes we know you're gay.
    Chris Rock, yes we know you're black.
    Joe Pasquale.
    Brendan o Carroll.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

She was lightly famous already when she met him and he wouldn't have anywhere near Rooneys money, she could actually like Robbie :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭js35

She was lightly famous already when she met him and he wouldn't have anywhere near Rooneys money, she could actually like Robbie :pac:

Apologies for my ignorance but how was she lightly famous

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

I really really cannot stand Stephen Fry...fat, insecure, pseudo-intellectual poof.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭_Roz_

Eoghan McDermott . Very explicable but doesn't matter - he's a detestable little sh*t.

Completely agree, since second hand info from someone else who knew him, so I had that opinion before I was ever exposed to him annoying me on t'radio.

Advertisement